• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaaposts

Quote from: Tovagulet on October 30, 2011, 03:29 AM
Quote from: Kaaposts on October 29, 2011, 11:27 PM
Hello Maher!

I downloaded your Windows October release and I have one question for you - to burn it in CD I need to unrar that ISO file or just burn it? I burned the ISO file in CD and restarted pc, but it didn't boot. But when I try to unrar the ISO file with WinRAR, at the end pops out "WinRAR: Diagnostic messages" with 71 errors saying that those files cannot create...

Does it make any difference that I have two OS on my pc - Windows Vista (came toghether whit PC and I'm now working on it, because the other OS doesn't work) and Windows XP Professional SP3 (in this Windows one file have been missing or corrupted and thats why I need to repair or replace it with this October release)

Thank you!

Just burn the .iso file into a CD.
Even though it has a WinRar Icon its an .iso file.

For your computer to boot from a CD, make sure the 1st boot priority in BIOS is CD-ROM.
I burned the .iso file into a DVD-RW and it doesn't boot. Do I need to burn it in CD or it doesn't make any difference?
P.S. I have another Windows XP Professional setup, but it's SP1. This SP1 setup boots, when my pc starts, but theres an infection in that CD. Thats why I need this SP3...

Br000ke

Quote from: Maher on October 29, 2011, 08:09 PM
Quote from: Br000ke on October 29, 2011, 07:49 PM
Yes, I can see that. I got the problem now solved (sort of...). Now when I boot my pc it gives me new error: "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the boot disk. Check boot disk ad disk hardware." What does this mean? I googled it and found that there might be something wrong with Boot.ini file but I already tried to fix it with the recovery console. What should I do now?

Thank you for you patience
Cheers
-Brooke
Now boot from the CD (press any key when you see the message that tolds you to do so).
Format your PC by doing a clean Windows XP install.
Good luck.
I've done that now like 10 times. (formatted and then installed it to c). After install it reboots and gives me this same error over and over again. "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem etc...). I'm pretty sure that it's not about broken cd because I have burned that .iso to 2 cd's now. This is sooooo frustrating for me atm...

Cheers
Brooke

Maher

Quote from: Kaaposts on October 30, 2011, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Tovagulet on October 30, 2011, 03:29 AM
Quote from: Kaaposts on October 29, 2011, 11:27 PM
Hello Maher!

I downloaded your Windows October release and I have one question for you - to burn it in CD I need to unrar that ISO file or just burn it? I burned the ISO file in CD and restarted pc, but it didn't boot. But when I try to unrar the ISO file with WinRAR, at the end pops out "WinRAR: Diagnostic messages" with 71 errors saying that those files cannot create...

Does it make any difference that I have two OS on my pc - Windows Vista (came toghether whit PC and I'm now working on it, because the other OS doesn't work) and Windows XP Professional SP3 (in this Windows one file have been missing or corrupted and thats why I need to repair or replace it with this October release)

Thank you!

Just burn the .iso file into a CD.
Even though it has a WinRar Icon its an .iso file.

For your computer to boot from a CD, make sure the 1st boot priority in BIOS is CD-ROM.
I burned the .iso file into a DVD-RW and it doesn't boot. Do I need to burn it in CD or it doesn't make any difference?
P.S. I have another Windows XP Professional setup, but it's SP1. This SP1 setup boots, when my pc starts, but theres an infection in that CD. Thats why I need this SP3...
Just burn the ISO into an empty CD with minmal burning speed.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Quote from: Br000ke on October 30, 2011, 02:40 PM
Quote from: Maher on October 29, 2011, 08:09 PM
Quote from: Br000ke on October 29, 2011, 07:49 PM
Yes, I can see that. I got the problem now solved (sort of...). Now when I boot my pc it gives me new error: "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the boot disk. Check boot disk ad disk hardware." What does this mean? I googled it and found that there might be something wrong with Boot.ini file but I already tried to fix it with the recovery console. What should I do now?

Thank you for you patience
Cheers
-Brooke
Now boot from the CD (press any key when you see the message that tolds you to do so).
Format your PC by doing a clean Windows XP install.
Good luck.
I've done that now like 10 times. (formatted and then installed it to c). After install it reboots and gives me this same error over and over again. "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem etc...). I'm pretty sure that it's not about broken cd because I have burned that .iso to 2 cd's now. This is sooooo frustrating for me atm...

Cheers
Brooke
Can't figure out what you're doing wrong!
But look into Google for any tutorial, and follow it step by step.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Br000ke

I'm just gonna give up. Have to wait till my bigbro comes back from a trip to germany. :D thxbye
-Brooke

johhu12

I've got a nasty one- I can't run programs as Administrator. There is no option in compatibility mode and also if I use SHIFT+right click for a program and choose run as Administrator then choose Administrator from there. Then if I leave the password empty it says one thing and if I write some random password there it says it's wrong. Any ideas? I really need help.

johhu12

Yes, I did install Mahers XP, Septembers release. I got into Safe mode but you can't run program as administrator in safe mode. Also I can log into windows with Administrator user and I looked up that my user and administrator both have full rights.

Br000ke

Quote from: Tovagulet on October 30, 2011, 08:35 PM
Im not sure about this...

Have you tried to fix this, with the suggestion of microsoft?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

That won't work because I can't get this thing to boot !

Br000ke

Quote from: Tovagulet on October 31, 2011, 04:23 PM
Quote from: Br000ke on October 31, 2011, 02:43 PM
Quote from: Tovagulet on October 30, 2011, 08:35 PM
Im not sure about this...

Have you tried to fix this, with the suggestion of microsoft?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

That won't work because I can't get this thing to boot !

I though you coudn't install Windows XP...

Upto what part of the boot you can get?
Can you get into the BIOS?

I have it installed (kinda). After the install comes the automatic reboot and then this error (which i mentioned in earlier post) comes. I have no idea what causes this error.. My BIOS works.

johhu12

Quote from: Tovagulet on October 31, 2011, 02:42 PM
Quote from: johhu12 on October 31, 2011, 01:54 AM
Yes, I did install Mahers XP, Septembers release. I got into Safe mode but you can't run program as administrator in safe mode. Also I can log into windows with Administrator user and I looked up that my user and administrator both have full rights.

Why do you even have 2 accounts on your computer. I always though that was pointless.
Plus, why you want to run proframs as administrator if your account have full rights, meaning Administrator. But in this case some why it doesn't let me. I would like to hear what Maher has got to say.

Okei. Could somebody with real knowledge answer my question? First of all Administrator user has every operation system even if you don't make it. Plus if I have Administrator rights that doesn't mean that every program runs as Administrator. I have the rights to run it as Administrator.