• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Maher on November 04, 2011, 04:16 PM
Quote from: joel65675 on November 04, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hi, I have  Win XP Professional  Corporate SP2 Integrated Aug 2006 installed on my Acer Aspire 5560 notebook, was searching through TPB looking for Win XP with SP3 integrated to the latest.  Just need some advice before making any decision to installing it - do I need to re-format and conduct a clean install or I can update just by simply clicking install?
You need to do a clean install!

Hi! I don't use XP any more, but your response to joel65675's post prompts a question. Given that there are still many PC's out there that use XP and that Micro$oft is still supporting it (I think), then couldn't Joel just go to Windows update and download SP3 without having to go through the hassle or reformatting? I ask because I remember doing exactly this just a few months before moving on to Win 7-64, where I did have to perform a clean install.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on November 05, 2011, 05:50 AM
Quote from: Maher on November 04, 2011, 04:16 PM
Quote from: joel65675 on November 04, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hi, I have  Win XP Professional  Corporate SP2 Integrated Aug 2006 installed on my Acer Aspire 5560 notebook, was searching through TPB looking for Win XP with SP3 integrated to the latest.  Just need some advice before making any decision to installing it - do I need to re-format and conduct a clean install or I can update just by simply clicking install?
You need to do a clean install!

Hi! I don't use XP any more, but your response to joel65675's post prompts a question. Given that there are still many PC's out there that use XP and that Micro$oft is still supporting it (I think), then couldn't Joel just go to Windows update and download SP3 without having to go through the hassle or reformatting? I ask because I remember doing exactly this just a few months before moving on to Win 7-64, where I did have to perform a clean install.
Ofcourse he can!
But his question was "can i do an upgrade using your windows?". The answer is no.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

KeepItReal

Quote from: Maher on October 27, 2011, 09:14 PM
Quote from: KeepItReal on October 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
Hi, thanks guys for your fast responses..anyway..
I burned it 3 times lol but I didnt mount it or unmount it or something with daemon tools..just burned it..(image file is it right?not iso?otherwise it would say at the end '.iso', wouldnt it?

I dunno what I did exactly (it was a time ago) but I suppose that I've extracted the file with Winrar.

I meant Mount. Cant I just burn it with Nero startsmart essentials( I did already now 3 times, burned the XP 3 times:P)
But what I mean is do I have to Mount it with daemon tools? I guess no, cuz I dont need it to open it from my drive..but just boot it when i start the pc..
Thanks.
Don't extract it! It's not a RAR file. It might look like a RAR file, but it isn't.
It's actually an ISO file that can be burned using any burning software.
Good luck.

tnx maher ^^

winhaxor

Hello Maher.. I burned the image and installed without problems.. I recently ran into problems with my installed windows had to do with MBR.. I've read on other sites that I could use the WinXP disc to fix this but noticed the iso you provide doesnt have the Recovery Console.. Or am I missing something? If not can this be added on your next iso?

Maher

Quote from: winhaxor on November 10, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hello Maher.. I burned the image and installed without problems.. I recently ran into problems with my installed windows had to do with MBR.. I've read on other sites that I could use the WinXP disc to fix this but noticed the iso you provide doesnt have the Recovery Console.. Or am I missing something? If not can this be added on your next iso?
Yes. You need to use any other XP CD that hasn't SATA drivers included.
When adding SATA drivers, the I386 folder changes, and when this folder changes, the REPAIR option is gone from setup.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

bevas

hi, I just downloaded this and ive followed the instructions on the board hear, downloaded imgburn, burned as boot disk, but when I come to install I get a message "anidx2aw.sys could not be found".
Then I reboot back to previous installation.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance ;)

warwar

thanx a bunch duuuuuuuude .......... I've just downloaded the latest November Integrated version ...  ;D peace

aXeSwY

Hey MDW  ;D

I Was Asking if it's possible to create a Windows XP SP2 or SP3 for 64bits ( you know for large PC memory ) With SATA driver & thank you

Ahmad

Hello Maher and everyone,
I just want to know in a short note what are those SATA drivers?
What is the difference between this Windows XP release and others without SATA drivers?
I have a PC since 2005 "Motherboard ASUS P5VM with intel chipset 865G"
I setup October release and I want to know what changed or what is the difference between it and others like the original XP that I used to setup. I know that there are updates. I ask about SATA drivers and Do I need them?
Thanks and I know that someone will help me. You all are good people. Keep it up.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on November 11, 2011, 06:33 AM
Hello Maher and everyone,
I just want to know in a short note what are those SATA drivers?
What is the difference between this Windows XP release and others without SATA drivers?
I have a PC since 2005 "Motherboard ASUS P5VM with intel chipset 865G"
I setup October release and I want to know what changed or what is the difference between it and others like the original XP that I used to setup. I know that there are updates. I ask about SATA drivers and Do I need them?
Thanks and I know that someone will help me. You all are good people. Keep it up.

Hello Ahmad! So nice to meet you. To try to answer your question: if your PC's motherboard was built in 2005, chances are it may not have SATA. If you're using IDE drives only, then you can get away without the SATA drivers. However, be advised that SATA is the thing of the future and IDE has almost gone the way of the horse and buggy. Today it's tough to get an IDE drive because almost everything they're making is SATA. Naturally, the same logic applies to motherboards. If possible, get the copy of XP with SATA drivers. Their presence won't hurt your system and, should you ever upgrade the old board, rest assured you will need them.