• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hacides

Now It Say's windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem

Alenifr

Hello,

During my setup of windows XP, my computer says :

"Insert the CD labeled : Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 cD into your CD-ROM drive."

Sorry for my english :)

Crise

Quote from: Hacides on November 12, 2011, 06:31 PM
Now It Say's windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem

Im having the same problem hacides, i cant for the life of me find the solution. All i know is it has to do with one of the default drivers,

Maher

Quote from: Hacides on November 11, 2011, 10:24 PM
I used WinToFlash
You need to ask there for support, as your problem is regarding using the program.
It's not with the Windows files.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Quote from: Hacides on November 12, 2011, 06:31 PM
Where do you get this message?
What did you do exactly?

Maher

Quote from: Alenifr on November 13, 2011, 04:45 PM
Hello,

During my setup of windows XP, my computer says :

"Insert the CD labeled : Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 cD into your CD-ROM drive."

Sorry for my english :)
May be you didn't burn the ISO file correctly!
Search Google "how to burn ISO image into a CD"
Good luck.

Ahmad

Quote from: humb25 on November 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
Quote from: Ahmad on November 11, 2011, 06:33 AM
Hello Maher and everyone,
I just want to know in a short note what are those SATA drivers?
What is the difference between this Windows XP release and others without SATA drivers?
I have a PC since 2005 "Motherboard ASUS P5VM with intel chipset 865G"
I setup October release and I want to know what changed or what is the difference between it and others like the original XP that I used to setup. I know that there are updates. I ask about SATA drivers and Do I need them?
Thanks and I know that someone will help me. You all are good people. Keep it up.

Hello Ahmad! So nice to meet you. To try to answer your question: if your PC's motherboard was built in 2005, chances are it may not have SATA. If you're using IDE drives only, then you can get away without the SATA drivers. However, be advised that SATA is the thing of the future and IDE has almost gone the way of the horse and buggy. Today it's tough to get an IDE drive because almost everything they're making is SATA. Naturally, the same logic applies to motherboards. If possible, get the copy of XP with SATA drivers. Their presence won't hurt your system and, should you ever upgrade the old board, rest assured you will need them.
Thanks a lot for reply and nice to meet you too.
Do you mean that SATA drivers for me as if they don't exist, but I'll have updates?
My motherboard has 2 SATA inputs and I have a SATA DVD.
Are those SATA drivers for something like DVDs and HDDs ,... or They are for more complicated components in newer motherboards. I just want to improve my knowledge.
Thanks again.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Maher

Quote from: Ahmad on November 15, 2011, 08:29 AM
Quote from: humb25 on November 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
Quote from: Ahmad on November 11, 2011, 06:33 AM
Hello Maher and everyone,
I just want to know in a short note what are those SATA drivers?
What is the difference between this Windows XP release and others without SATA drivers?
I have a PC since 2005 "Motherboard ASUS P5VM with intel chipset 865G"
I setup October release and I want to know what changed or what is the difference between it and others like the original XP that I used to setup. I know that there are updates. I ask about SATA drivers and Do I need them?
Thanks and I know that someone will help me. You all are good people. Keep it up.

Hello Ahmad! So nice to meet you. To try to answer your question: if your PC's motherboard was built in 2005, chances are it may not have SATA. If you're using IDE drives only, then you can get away without the SATA drivers. However, be advised that SATA is the thing of the future and IDE has almost gone the way of the horse and buggy. Today it's tough to get an IDE drive because almost everything they're making is SATA. Naturally, the same logic applies to motherboards. If possible, get the copy of XP with SATA drivers. Their presence won't hurt your system and, should you ever upgrade the old board, rest assured you will need them.
Thanks a lot for reply and nice to meet you too.
Do you mean that SATA drivers for me as if they don't exist, but I'll have updates?
My motherboard has 2 SATA inputs and I have a SATA DVD.
Are those SATA drivers for something like DVDs and HDDs ,... or They are for more complicated components in newer motherboards. I just want to improve my knowledge.
Thanks again.
This will help you alot understand what SATA is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

:)

Ahmad

Shokran ya Maher and everyone.
Thanks a lot.
I'll read your wikipedia link. but please, yes or no? to specify it in my head.
1) Those SATA drivers included in your release are like chipset drivers for example? AS when I install your release, I noticed that chipset drivers are already installed and updated.
2) Every motherboard comes with its CD of drivers. Those SATA drivers included in your release are the update of SATA drivers on that CD?
I'll be very grateful and Sorry for asking too much but how could I learn ?!
And my motherboard doesn't help me in new things. Upgrade is soon.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

TheOne

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I tried to search but did not have much luck with results. First let me start by saying thanks so much for the upload it worked perfectly and is installed. I do have a question though, Can i go online with this system? If so how do i enable such a thing as its currently not picking up any internet access. I think the drivers are lacking? Sorry if its a dumb question.