• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjhoh

Quote from: humbert on June 08, 2016, 05:44 PM
Quote from: Kjhoh on June 07, 2016, 01:13 PM
LOL actually I still think that Win XP is best to use because it is simple and easy.....
And for standard use you wouldn't need that much of features like the new windows...
Sorry for being that old school haha

It's best to use ONLY if you're stuck with an old computer with no possibility of upgrading. On newer systems XP is virtually unusable. Also,  newer versions of Windows become "simple & easy" wheh you sit down and learn them.

yeah you are right, but some classic games require XP to run it, that's why I need it occasionally lol.

scarface

Could you tell us which games?

Kjhoh

Quote from: scarface on June 09, 2016, 01:56 PM

uhm old music game like o2jam, the emulator can only play on XP and not newer system, few others can play on newer system, but it is not optimized.
but I guess most of you don't play that...
anyway, since I can't install XP on my new pc as well, I will just play on my old one occasionally.
actually I just need to know about the ACPI issue when installing XP on this pc because it won't let me to do it .

The message is as below:
STOP: 0x000000A5 (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)
The ACPI Bios in this system is not fully compliant to the specification. Please read the Readme.txt for possible workarounds, or contact your system vendor for an updated bios.

The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated bios. If you are unable to obtain an updated bios or the latest bios supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed--it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation."
The parameters Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, and Parameter4 vary from computer to computer.

I have visited microsoft website about this issue, just wanted to know is there any consequence if I disable the ACPI HAL?
Thanks for answering =)

Vasudev

Quote from: Kjhoh on June 09, 2016, 04:34 PM
Quote from: scarface on June 09, 2016, 01:56 PM

actually I just need to know about the ACPI issue when installing XP on this pc because it won't let me to do it .

The message is as below:
STOP: 0x000000A5 (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)
The ACPI Bios in this system is not fully compliant to the specification. Please read the Readme.txt for possible workarounds, or contact your system vendor for an updated bios.

The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated bios. If you are unable to obtain an updated bios or the latest bios supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed--it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation."
The parameters Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, and Parameter4 vary from computer to computer.

I have visited microsoft website about this issue, just wanted to know is there any consequence if I disable the ACPI HAL?
Thanks for answering =)
I got the same message while playing with minixp on newer PCs, just try toggling SATA mode to compatible mode and see if it works.

Kjhoh

okay, I will try it out, thanks a lot! ;D

Madhu kalyan

Mr.Mehar, i downloaded this windows xp ok but after i installed i can't able access internet,not able connect usb drives and not able to connect my mobile through data cable and mainly not able to listen any music because of error in sound so i think no drivees so Plszz gve me a solution for this and also a dialog appears if click on border and tried to move it is moving like in fade style ..... so plss help me out or else i will remove tht because no use of tht plss gve me a solution  send me a solution to gvn mail id [email protected]

Vasudev

Quote from: Madhu kalyan on June 13, 2016, 05:07 PM
Mr.Mehar, i downloaded this windows xp ok but after i installed i can't able access internet,not able connect usb drives and not able to connect my mobile through data cable and mainly not able to listen any music because of error in sound so i think no drivees so Plszz gve me a solution for this and also a dialog appears if click on border and tried to move it is moving like in fade style ..... so plss help me out or else i will remove tht because no use of tht plss gve me a solution  send me a solution to gvn mail id [email protected]
You need to install drivers mainly chipset drivers, network adapter/wifi etc.

humbert

Quote from: Kjhoh on June 09, 2016, 04:34 PM
anyway, since I can't install XP on my new pc as well, I will just play on my old one occasionally.

Before we can continue to offer help, please begin by telling us more about this new computer you bought. Give us the brand and model number of your motherboard , the CPU you installed and the video card.

Kjhoh

Is it enough for this?

Kjhoh

Since Maher didn't get this updated, I found 2 links which have the up to date XP 86 bit version:

http://ittorrents.com/windows-xp-professional-sp3-x86-black-edition-2015-6-14-t10796453.html
http://www.win-torrent-download.net/os/windows-xp-professional-sp3-x86-black-edition-2015-8-16/

I haven't test them yet but I will do it later, I don't know if I will break the forum rules by posting something that does not belong to Maher, if moderators feel like this is prohibited then please remove this post =)