• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

You could try with a USB
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

BLADESHARK

i think you should post your problem to the hp support!!!!!!

humbert

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humb25 on February 16, 2012, 03:58 AM
Quote from: Jak on February 15, 2012, 08:33 AM
Behave! /Maher

What's this all about?

it's all about the member "Jak" talking rudely & nothing else.Don't bother.

Vic

Quote from: BLADESHARK on February 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
Hey Vic,
did you try microsoft fix it,
i think it solves the problem

I had a look but can't find the right solution for my problem.

Quote from: BLADESHARK on February 14, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hey Vic
Finally got you problems solution
the main threat from preventing your hdd from reading is MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE.
just for your sake i downloaded it and installed and went through the settings and found out that you should disable the option under Protection
disable the option "Start file execution and blocking when protection module starts"
I also found out that mbam blocks the auto-run, so after you install you wont have any auto-run on connecting any external devices.
and also make sure to scan your whole external hdd for malware infection.

if still this doesn't solve your problem then add your external hdd to the ignore list.

HOPE THIS SOLVES YOUR PROBLEM...

Sorry I already tried that, none of them worked.

I also noticed in NOD32 that I had some critical updates needed. Should I go ahead with these?  Maybe the XP updates will fix it?

BLADESHARK

of course
you should download and install all the critical,important,recommended,optional updates for windows XP or 7. 8)

BLADESHARK

Hello Vic,
I saw your conversation with the Trusted Advisor CWilliams -- Malwarebytes Staff

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=105234

I think you should dump Malwarebytes[I know its the no.1 ranked anti-malware software],but i think you can't get rid of that problem

If you wish to try a new anti-malware program see attachment.
Hope your HDD's get working soon!!!!!

Vic

yes I know, I'm giving up on Mbam, it's also causing my PC to freeze when windows boots up every 2nd or 3rd time I boot up, I just have to keep restarting and hoping it'll work. From what I read in the forum it's a common problem with 1.60.

I'll try Webroot instead, I've never heard of it, can't believe it's that good compared to Mbam judging from that list. I'm also already using NOD32 and SuperAntiSpyware, so hopefully those will be enough.

also applying all the critical updates now in SP3.

Ahmad

Quote from: Vic on February 18, 2012, 08:40 AM
yes I know, I'm giving up on Mbam, it's also causing my PC to freeze when windows boots up every 2nd or 3rd time I boot up, I just have to keep restarting and hoping it'll work. From what I read in the forum it's a common problem with 1.60.

I'll try Webroot instead, I've never heard of it, can't believe it's that good compared to Mbam judging from that list. I'm also already using NOD32 and SuperAntiSpyware, so hopefully those will be enough.

also applying all the critical updates now in SP3.

Hello Vic,  :)
If you are a NOD32 user, Why don't you only use NOD32 Smart Security [Version 5 is recommended] which has all protection you want.
I mean what exists in Mbam and not exists in NOD32 Smart Security ?
Be well and safe.   :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Vic

because when I was using Mbam on SP2, it would sometimes find malware that NOD32 missed, including full HDD scans. NOD32 also picks up some that Mbam misses, so I used both. I'm using v4 now. I'm trying webroot, but only the free version as it's expensive.