• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmhiep

Anyone knows how to install XP for laptop HP G4 core i3 Sandybrigde. There is no Sata and IDE mode in BIOS, so I can not modify it

BLADESHARK

The original Windows XP CD does not have SATA drivers so it can't detect your hard drive during the installation process :(

Download Maher's Latest release [February] of XP with SATA Drivers Slip streamed. :)

If problem persists Reply here. ;)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

BLADESHARK

Do let me know in case you face any difficulties!!
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

bmhiep

I use Maher's Latest release [February] of XP with SATA Drivers but it is not useful for laptop HP G4.

brentf1

:@ tried intalling. Its broke my laptop. Keeps saying error file not found;
1, possible cause presetup.cmd not exist
2, check your txtsetup.sif.

Cant turn it on. Cantdo f**k all. Help me with this now?

humbert

Quote from: bmhiep on February 25, 2012, 12:53 PM
Anyone knows how to install XP for laptop HP G4 core i3 Sandybrigde. There is no Sata and IDE mode in BIOS, so I can not modify it

Just a quick question -- if you have a i3 Processor and at least 4 GB of memory, why not just skip XP and use Win 7-64? Since I use AMD I'm not all that familiar with Intel, but I do know the i3 belongs to their latest generation and, accordingly, it couldn't possibly be a 32-bit processor. I think it's been years since 32-bit processors (and their corresponding motherboards) were even manufactured.

bmhiep

Quote from: humb25 on February 25, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote from: bmhiep on February 25, 2012, 12:53 PM

Just a quick question -- if you have a i3 Processor and at least 4 GB of memory, why not just skip XP and use Win 7-64? Since I use AMD I'm not all that familiar with Intel, but I do know the i3 belongs to their latest generation and, accordingly, it couldn't possibly be a 32-bit processor. I think it's been years since 32-bit processors (and their corresponding motherboards) were even manufactured.

I know that. But many programs and games we need can not run or run not well on win 7. So I install both wins or XP  :)

humbert

Quote from: bmhiep on February 25, 2012, 07:15 PM
I know that. But many programs and games we need can not run or run not well on win 7. So I install both wins or XP  :)

I wasn't aware of that. I thought almost all games had been upgraded to run well on Windows 7. I'm saying this because game developers know XP's days are numbered and Windows 7 (and 8 not too far in the future) are the thing, plus the fact that all new PC's sold in stores are pre-loaded with 7. Game developers are in the same situation as everyone else -- upgrade their software or die.

What you're telling me is nothing new. The very same thing happened when Windows 2000 and XP came out -- lots of people didn't upgrade right away because the games they had wouldn't run well on these 2 then-new OS's, and especially if you consider that 98 and before used the Dos Kernel as opposed to the NT Kernel used by 2000 and beyond. Accordingly, is it that you run some very old games that were written in the days of XP and mostly designed for that OS, or what?

Ahmad

Quote from: brentf1 on February 25, 2012, 05:51 PM
:@ tried intalling. Its broke my laptop. Keeps saying error file not found;
1, possible cause presetup.cmd not exist
2, check your txtsetup.sif.

Cant turn it on. Cantdo f**k all. Help me with this now?

Hello brentf1 ,  :)
Try burning the CD at the lowest speed (4x).
Good luck.  :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Ahmad

Quote from: bmhiep on February 25, 2012, 03:41 PM
I use Maher's Latest release [February] of XP with SATA Drivers but it is not useful for laptop HP G4.

Hello bmhiep, :)
What is the problem that happened with you ? <XP failed in what ?>
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.