Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humb25 on February 27, 2012, 05:32 AM
Quote from: BLADESHARK on February 26, 2012, 09:42 AM
Have you tried "Compatibility Mode"

Quote from: bmhiep on February 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
I know this but function, but it does not work for many softs and games. if you play AOE 2, you will no this. Many programs for my technical subject do not run well in win 7.

Why not just go to the Pirate Bay and get updated versions of the games you play (if they exist), or just get newer ones? It's not like it's going to cost you anything.  :)

OLD GAMES ARE GOLD GAMES :D
New Games require graphic cards,which I don't have. :(
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on February 27, 2012, 11:31 AM

How old are these games? I'm only asking because my wife (who's more of a gamer than I am) was given a CD with old games (2004 to 2007), and they all play well under 7-64. In fact, when the games come on, what you see on the screen even reverts to the obsolete 4:3 format.

Mouad

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humb25 on February 29, 2012, 08:36 PM

How old are these games? I'm only asking because my wife (who's more of a gamer than I am) was given a CD with old games (2004 to 2007), and they all play well under 7-64. In fact, when the games come on, what you see on the screen even reverts to the obsolete 4:3 format.

I don't have any problem with the games :).I just have to install the latest patch for the game and that's all. ;)
bmhiep has some problems,I don't know why?? :(

bmhiep

Quote from: BLADESHARK on March 01, 2012, 07:23 AM
Quote from: humb25 on February 29, 2012, 08:36 PM

Thanks for your kindness.

For example: you search AOE 2: Age of King for win 7, you will find that, to play well this game in win 7, you need to close process: explorer. At this time, there is fix for this. But at university, we use some programs with the certain version for best usage. so XP is still needed :)

I don't have any problem with the games :).I just have to install the latest patch for the game and that's all. ;)
bmhiep has some problems,I don't know why?? :(

Bessart

Is this release with Recovery Console ?  I'm asking this because i can't seem to find recovery console in a release a month ago.

Thanks

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Bessart on March 03, 2012, 12:18 AM
Is this release with Recovery Console ?  I'm asking this because i can't seem to find recovery console in a release a month ago.

Thanks

Hello Bessart :)
Just wanted to tell you that EACH & EVERY Windows XP Disc comes with the Recovery Console unless and until it is not removed by the Uploader[Maher]
To my knowledge Mr. Maher has done nothing to the disc,only he has added the update files and nothing.
Just make sure you downloaded the iso release from The Pirate Bay or Softarchieve.net
Nothing has been REMOVED from the disc. :D
Recovery Console is present in the disc, just make sure it's Maher's release.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Bessart on March 03, 2012, 12:18 AM

Thanks

How to install the Recovery Console

You can install the Recovery Console on your computer to make it available in case that you cannot restart Windows. You can then select the Recovery Console option from the list of available operating systems during startup. The Recovery Console is recommended to be installed on important servers and on the workstations of IT personnel. To install the Recovery Console, you must be logged on as an administrator.

Although you can run the Recovery Console by starting directly from the Windows XP CD, generally, it is more convenient to set it up as a startup option on your startup menu. To run the Recover Console directly from the CD

To install the Recovery Console, follow these steps:

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive.
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type d:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons where d is the drive letter for the CD drive. For Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, type d:\amd64\winnt32.exe /cmdcons where d is the drive letter for the CD drive.
A Windows Setup Dialog Box appears. The Windows Setup Dialog Box describes the Recovery Console option. To confirm the installation, click Yes.

Restart the computer. The next time that you start your computer, "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" appears on the startup menu.

GOOD LUCK BUDDY!!!!!! :) ;)

danielstand

Good Evening Maher and Also To Your Fellow Teammates,
I have Question For You To Help on this problem.

I Installed Your Operating System Then...

When i Download The Driver on Lan ..My Computer Lost Its Function With Networking Cable Atheros l2 Fast Ethernet Controller 10/100??? Says Limited Connectivity or no internet Access.. Please Help me, I Tried The latest driver atheros lan but no connection change or Working.. something like that AND ALSO THE TASK MANAGER It Says ..........
Task Manager has Been Disabled By Your Administrator

I Tried The Gpedit.msc on Group Policy And By Disabled the Remove Task Manager I Enabled it
It Works But .. A Few Minutes It Can't open again the task manager... To Enabled it I Need to disabled again in the group policy And Again AnD Again It Goes Nothing ..No Change .... Tired Of clicking the disabled button so I WANT IT TO ENABLED PERMANENTLY... And ALso The Registry editor It Says Like" Disabled By the Administrator"

And Also This, Can I  Trust This Software of Yours With Strong And Amazing Change To my Computer or not... I will change my download software to some sites to reboot my computer..

That's All, Hope YOu Can Help Me with this PROBLEMS!!!  :-\

Ahmad

Quote from: danielstand on March 05, 2012, 12:30 PM
Good Evening Maher and Also To Your Fellow Teammates,
I have Question For You To Help on this problem.

I Installed Your Operating System Then...

When i Download The Driver on Lan ..My Computer Lost Its Function With Networking Cable Atheros l2 Fast Ethernet Controller 10/100??? Says Limited Connectivity or no internet Access.. Please Help me, I Tried The latest driver atheros lan but no connection change or Working.. something like that AND ALSO THE TASK MANAGER It Says ..........
Task Manager has Been Disabled By Your Administrator

I Tried The Gpedit.msc on Group Policy And By Disabled the Remove Task Manager I Enabled it
It Works But .. A Few Minutes It Can't open again the task manager... To Enabled it I Need to disabled again in the group policy And Again AnD Again It Goes Nothing ..No Change .... Tired Of clicking the disabled button so I WANT IT TO ENABLED PERMANENTLY... And ALso The Registry editor It Says Like" Disabled By the Administrator"

And Also This, Can I  Trust This Software of Yours With Strong And Amazing Change To my Computer or not... I will change my download software to some sites to reboot my computer..

That's All, Hope YOu Can Help Me with this PROBLEMS!!!  :-\

Hello Daniel Christian A. Estrella From The Philippines,
Nice to meet you too.  :) :D

From what you are saying, it seems that you have an Autorun virus that disables Task Manager and Registry Editor by itself without your intervention.

Are you using Anti Virus or not ?

To be sure that it's an Autorun virus, could you open Task Manager, switch to Processes tab and upload a screenshot of all active processes ?
So that I may recognize the Autorun virus if it's running in the background.

If you can't recognize it or delete it manually, try downloading Kaspersky rescue disk, burn it on a CD and boot from it. Then, when it starts, run a complete scan on your computer. But you may need to re-install windows if the virus has corrupted any important system file.

Good luck. :) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.