• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callum

:) Hi Maherz,

Just a little note here to say many thanks for the wonderful work you've put in to give us such clean good installs, without any bugs or extra baggage of any kind. Every windows pack of yours which I've used has installed clean and flawlessly. Downloading your March XP pack now ;D  Keep up the good work young man you are indeed a rare gem in the community!!!

Jim

Callum

Buddy, a Sony DVD writer cost around USD 22.00. Just pick one up and your problems are over. Forget all this USB stuff, nothing works better than a direct CD/DVD install.  Trust me I've been there!!! Why break your head over all the complications when a simple solution is just replace your CD drive.

Jim ;D ;D ;D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Callum on March 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
Buddy, a Sony DVD writer cost around USD 22.00. Just pick one up and your problems are over. Forget all this USB stuff, nothing works better than a direct CD/DVD install.  Trust me I've been there!!! Why break your head over all the complications when a simple solution is just replace your CD drive.

Jim ;D ;D ;D

I agree with JIM 8)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Quote from: bikas on March 27, 2012, 06:01 PM
HI
actually my cd-rom is not working so
can u say, how i formatting(install new OS) my pc through 'pendrive' before booting?
is there any extra software needed ,what should be the file format stored in pendrive ?
pls tell me briefly.

Hello bikas.  :)

I also prefer CD/DVD for installing Windows XP as installing XP from USB fails with many people including me.
BUT if your motherboard is good enough to allow you to install XP from USB without BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), try a tool called   WinToFlash   .

If it fails with you, just buy a new DVD.

We've discussed this before Here and Here
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

fankoosh

i installed a maher xp march updates from usb (2gb) by wintoflash(latest edition) & booted & installed 100% , also his windows is sooo nice& works fast & smooth , i really like it & happy with it , thanx for support maher basha :)

Ahmad

Quote from: fankoosh on March 28, 2012, 12:53 AM
i installed a maher xp march updates from usb (2gb) by wintoflash(latest edition) & booted & installed 100% , also his windows is sooo nice& works fast & smooth , i really like it & happy with it , thanx for support maher basha :)
Ahlan fankoosh.  :)
Could you please tell me the model and revision of your motherboard or your laptop ?
Just to know a good type when buying.
Thanks.  :) :D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: fankoosh on March 28, 2012, 12:53 AM

Hello fankoosh 8)
can you please provide a tutorial here of what all things you did.
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

fankoosh

hi AHMAD  :) , well here is my PC hardware feature & windows status , it is the latest xp win march updates by maher

hi Bladeshark , u can follow the TUT here in the following link

http://komku.blogspot.com/2009/09/wintoflash-guide-install-windows-xp.html

Ahmad

Hello again, fankoosh. :)

Sorry bro. But I want to know the type of your motherboard and revision.

If you can download a tiny program called Speccy (http://www.piriform.com/speccy) and from File menu Save Snapshot, and then upload this Snapshot file as attachment,
Then I appreciate that and will be very grateful.

As my motherboard is ASUS P5PE-VM and I tried every possible way to install XP from USB, but nothing succeeded and it appeared that it's from my motherboard. So I want to know a good type of motherboards.

Thanks and be well and safe.  :) :D

fankoosh

ok here is snapshot from speccy , i also read that not all motherboard pc or laptops support booting from USB specially old motherboard , u can also follow the link i posted in my last post to check TUT & guide , hope it will help u