• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

@Callum
@MikeTheBoy
@Shadow.97

Sorry guys, He doesn't have much time nowadays to be with us.
BUT, I'm sure he would appreciate that very much.
SO, Thank you a lot.
:) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Shadow.97

btw where is maher?? As for now, you can fake being maher ^^

BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Rain

I downloaded it and Im pretty sure I needed more drivers because I can't connect to the Internet. Now I'm screwed.

hayder78

Hi there,

I have installed XP sp3 integrated up to November or December 2010 around 1 year ago. Now I have some unsolved problems in my XP. Namely when I shutdown or make it sleep it will just suck in the middle (preparing to standby) or (saving your settings).

I have downloaded your recent windows xp sp3 up to march 2012.

I want to make a repair installation. Is it possible? Since I do not want to install aaaalllll those programs that I have already installed before.

Many thanks
Haider

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Rain on April 06, 2012, 09:18 PM
I downloaded it and Im pretty sure I needed more drivers because I can't connect to the Internet. Now I'm screwed.

Hello Rain 8)
Don't you have your Motherboard CD. :)

BLADESHARK

Quote from: hayder78 on April 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
Namely when I shutdown or make it sleep it will just suck in the middle (preparing to standby) or (saving your settings).

Tell us whether standby works in safe mode. To get into safe mode repeatedly press F8 at start-up and select safe mode in the options there.

Go to the device manager : start => run => devmgmt.msc. Are there any devices with a yellow, red or black icon in the list there ?

Mostly this problem is caused by a bad driver or bit of software.

hayder78

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 08, 2012, 04:03 PM
Quote from: hayder78 on April 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
Namely when I shutdown or make it sleep it will just suck in the middle (preparing to standby) or (saving your settings).

Tell us whether standby works in safe mode. To get into safe mode repeatedly press F8 at start-up and select safe mode in the options there.

Go to the device manager : start => run => devmgmt.msc. Are there any devices with a yellow, red or black icon in the list there ?

Mostly this problem is caused by a bad driver or bit of software.

Thanks Bro for the reply

There is nothing wrong in the device Manager.

I tried to check the safe mode, but the sleep or standby is deactivated in the safe mode. And my problem is always occur after the 1st sleep.

After a new reboot, the 1st sleep will be ok. After the 1st sleep if I try to make another sleep or try to shutdown the problem will occur (it will stuck in the 'saving settings' or 'preparing to standby'). Moreover, there is a strange thing happened when this problem started in the pc.

After the 1st sleep, if I connect to the internet (I am using a dialup for a broadband internet), after 'verifying username and password' it stuck in the 'registering your computer' and it will never end, and there will be no internet connection even if I wait for hours.

You are absolutely right that there is some software caused this problem. I have installed some programs ~1month ago, but even with uninstalling them the problem has not been solved. I thought that probably there is some corrupted system's file. That's why I am thinking to installing as a repair installation from Maher's March 2012 XP release, since I have lost my old XP CD.

By the way , I have reinstalled all the device drivers of the motherboard (LAN, chipset, audio drivers...) All the drivers are up to date from the Gigabyte's website.

Also , I have updated the BIOS to the latest stable version, and nothing changed.

Thanks again for the help

BLADESHARK

Quote from: hayder78 on April 09, 2012, 02:55 AM
Thanks Bro for the reply
Anytime Bro  :) :)

There is nothing wrong in the device Manager.
OK

You are absolutely right that there is some software caused this problem.
:) :)

I have installed some programs ~1month ago, but even with uninstalling them the problem has not been solved.
You probably have not cleaned your registry yet.[I think so]. Grab Tune Up Utilities or Advanced System Optimizer from their Homepage [I have PM'd you the Homepage and the Serial Key of those 2 Programs] So download the trial version and insert the serials and you won't have problems of the trial version's limited functionality.
Run the Registry Cleaner [Tune up utilities recommended because ASO does not have a very user friendly interface]keep it scanning & repairing multiple times, until it shows 0 Problems/errors found. Do let me know how many problems you found in the first scan and the next one then the next one consecutively.
After you get the result as 0 Problems/errors found, then go to Registry De-fragment and run it. It might ask you to reboot for the de-fragmentation of your registry.
Now check whether you face your similar problems like you faced before. :P

I am thinking to installing as a repair installation from Maher's March 2012 XP release
If you have made up your mind to do a Windows installation then I recommend you to do a clean install. It is always recommended to do a clean install to avoid future problems. ::)

All the drivers are up to date from the Gigabyte's website.
You are clear here. :D

I have updated the BIOS to the latest stable version, and nothing changed.
Good can you provide me the tutorial for how you updated the bios. :P

Thanks again for the help
You are most Welcome. :)

Don't forget to check your PM inbox. ;) :)

kalashnikov

Greetings, seems its asking for a key, anyone know what is it?

I thank you in advance :)

EDIT:

Woot, i found it, nevermind :D