• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 18, 2021, 07:21 PM
Never knew Shadow moved to Ireland. I thought she was in Sweden.

Shadow is a HE :) - don't be misled by his avatar. I'm surprised you didn't pick this up earlier. He's been telling us about his job and life in Ireland in general for a while now.

I got my first jab on Wednesday. Got sore hands and shoulders.

What vaccine did you get? The side effects should have gone away by now.

I've been hearing on the news that the news concerning the availability of vaccines is dire. Based on what you told me I assume this is only in highly populated areas such as New Delhi and Mumbai.

BTW where (what city) in India do you live? You might have mentioned it before and I forgot. Let us know so I can look you up on Google maps.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on June 18, 2021, 05:16 AM
Do you run XP on the FX8350 inside Virtualbox? I ask because, as you know, unless you're using 64bit XP the OS will see only 4GB of your 32GB ram. I also believe I heard you mention Virtualbox in a post not long ago.
Yes, of course inside VBox. I using Win10 as host system, and in VirtualBox (over the host) have Win2k, and DOS, to play some old games.

Quote from: humbert on June 20, 2021, 04:19 AM
Shadow is a HE :)
As I can remember, Shadow was on a way to transform from "he" to "she". Or did I miss something?  ;D

Shadow -> Dear friend, did you finished your transformation already?

Shadow.97

Quote from: Daniil on June 20, 2021, 12:11 PM
Quote from: humbert on June 18, 2021, 05:16 AM
Do you run XP on the FX8350 inside Virtualbox? I ask because, as you know, unless you're using 64bit XP the OS will see only 4GB of your 32GB ram. I also believe I heard you mention Virtualbox in a post not long ago.
Yes, of course inside VBox. I using Win10 as host system, and in VirtualBox (over the host) have Win2k, and DOS, to play some old games.

Shadow is a HE :)
As I can remember, Shadow was on a way to transform from "he" to "she". Or did I miss something?  ;D

Shadow -> Dear friend, did you finished your transformation already?
No :) Never will. It would be too mentally and physically challenging to do.
I dont have the energy to do it.
Wish I did at times as it's been on my mind since I was in daycare.

But then again; you can supress most feeling, emotions, wants and needs in life. As long as you avoid thinking of it.
Closest people in my life is aware of it, but it's not something I usually share. To me, I see it more as a mental illness than something that should require physical alterations. A perspective that has had me very hated when I've voiced it in real life :)

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 20, 2021, 03:41 PM
But then again; you can supress most feeling, emotions, wants and needs in life. As long as you avoid thinking of it.
Closest people in my life is aware of it, but it's not something I usually share. To me, I see it more as a mental illness than something that should require physical alterations. A perspective that has had me very hated when I've voiced it in real life :)

We are all your friends here. No matter what you decide we will support you without reservation. You are one of the finest people I've had the pleasure of knowing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. BTW, in no way is this meant to belittle our other friends on the forum.

May I ask: Is your "condition" (for lack of a better word) tolerable? By this I mean can you continue with day to day life without having to put up with depression or an unsatiable desire to change genders that will not leave you in peace? Finally, sexually do you prefer women over men? I ask the question this way because I'm thinking in this situation the terms "gay" and "straight" are confusing.

Important: I realize all this is highly personal. We respect your privacy and will not think less of you for not answering. If you prefer you can answer me privately. Anything you tell me will be held in the strictest confidence.

Vasudev

Never knew Shadow moved to Ireland. I thought she was in Sweden.

Shadow is a HE :) - don't be misled by his avatar. I'm surprised you didn't pick this up earlier. He's been telling us about his job and life in Ireland in general for a while now.

I got my first jab on Wednesday. Got sore hands and shoulders.

What vaccine did you get? The side effects should have gone away by now.

I've been hearing on the news that the news concerning the availability of vaccines is dire. Based on what you told me I assume this is only in highly populated areas such as New Delhi and Mumbai.

BTW where (what city) in India do you live? You might have mentioned it before and I forgot. Let us know so I can look you up on Google maps.
Like Daniil said I thought Shadow switched *sides*. Then again Shadow's are gender-less anyway. In the end, genders are meaningless and the thing that matters the most is peace of mind and how content/satisfied you are with your life.
I got Covaxin. Now the soreness has reduced by 90%. I'm from Mangalore or Moodbidri to be very specific. Had to wait a long time though due to shortages!

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 21, 2021, 08:08 PM
Like Daniil said I thought Shadow switched *sides*. Then again Shadow's are gender-less anyway. In the end, genders are meaningless and the thing that matters the most is peace of mind and how content/satisfied you are with your life.

Totally agree!!  :)

I got Covaxin. Now the soreness has reduced by 90%.

I googled it. They're saying it's 78% effective. Not as good as Phizer-Biontech or Moderna but certainly better than nothing. Tell me, what about others you know that got Covaxin? I'm asking because it says the vaccine has quite a number of side effects. I was wondering if it was just you or others too.

I'm from Mangalore or Moodbidri to be very specific. Had to wait a long time though due to shortages!

Indeed you're on Google maps, northeast of Mangalore. Let me ask - do they mostly speak Tamil there? I assume you speak both Tamil and Hindi as well as English. If so one thing I envy is that you can read and write 3 alphabets. I assume your keyboard can be easily configured for each one.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 22, 2021, 05:10 AM

Totally agree!!  :)

I got Covaxin. Now the soreness has reduced by 90%.

I googled it. They're saying it's 78% effective. Not as good as Phizer-Biontech or Moderna but certainly better than nothing. Tell me, what about others you know that got Covaxin? I'm asking because it says the vaccine has quite a number of side effects. I was wondering if it was just you or others too.

I'm from Mangalore or Moodbidri to be very specific. Had to wait a long time though due to shortages!

Indeed you're on Google maps, northeast of Mangalore. Let me ask - do they mostly speak Tamil there? I assume you speak both Tamil and Hindi as well as English. If so one thing I envy is that you can read and write 3 alphabets. I assume your keyboard can be easily configured for each one.
Indeed. We only have Covaxin (Below 45 yrs of age), AstraZenaca/Oxford has blood clots (45 yrs plus) and Sputnik. Only Covishield(Oxford) and Covaxin was available.
Not Tamil but Kannada and Tulu(Can understand but lacks conversing fluency). Since my native is Kerala I speak Malayalam as well in addition to English and Hindi(Not so fluent but I can understand).
I just English India 99% of the time as keyboard Input.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 22, 2021, 05:22 PM
Indeed. We only have Covaxin (Below 45 yrs of age), AstraZenaca/Oxford has blood clots (45 yrs plus) and Sputnik. Only Covishield(Oxford) and Covaxin was available.

I can understand you have to take whatever you can get. With respect to Astra-Zeneca, the amount of blood clots reported are very small when you factor in the amount of vaccines distributed. My lady was vaccinated in Mexico and they had Astra-Zeneca. She is fine, no side effects.

Quote from: Vasudev on June 22, 2021, 05:22 PM
Not Tamil but Kannada and Tulu(Can understand but lacks conversing fluency). Since my native is Kerala I speak Malayalam as well in addition to English and Hindi(Not so fluent but I can understand).

Do all these languages use the same alphabet? I looked at Kannada and Malayalam and it looks as if alphabets are very similar but I'm not sure.

Shadow.97

On the talks of which vaccines are used.

Ireland currently uses:
AstraZeneca (also known as 'Vaxzevria')
Moderna
Pfizer/BioNTech (also known as 'Comirnaty')
Janssen

Janssen is given by pharmacies to 50+ and druggies currently.
There was almost no information who the other vaccines are given to. Or in which priority/order. I'm assuming they are giving them as they come in.

My parents in Sweden got Pfizer. No side effects observed.

invory

-
There is no option for Windows Vista in the "OS supported" setting. When will this be updated?
Were already working and testing with the beta versions.

��