• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chadixz

THANK YOU so much! for the reply... :D

UndeadLord

will this keep my personal files on here or will i need to move them off first?

+ i am not too sure if my hard drive is a SATA drive or not, will it still work either way?

krishjet

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I dont know whether i can ask it here or not. Forgive me if anything is mistake in my question

Does it include .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0? In case it has 3.5, can we update to 4.0? I mean will there be any problem while updating to 4.0?

Thanks

humbert

Quote from: UndeadLord on April 29, 2012, 11:46 PM
+ i am not too sure if my hard drive is a SATA drive or not, will it still work either way?

You're not sure? Has it ever occurred to you to go into your BIOS to at least see what was there and what the settings were? Be that as it may, how old is your computer? Even on the 6 year old clunker in the corner of my living room has 2 slots for connecting SATA drives, although primarily it was designed for the old IDE system. BTW, IDE drives aren't as easy to get as they were years ago.

Incidentally, it's critical that you at least look at the BIOS and see how it's configured. To play it safe and prevent complaints, manufacturers use the "safest" settings (safest=slowest). On my board, the SATA slot are all set by default to the IDE mode instead of AHCI. To make matters worse, it's even configured  NOT to activate all cores on the CPU if you've got multiple cores. After changing all those settings and speeding up the memory's frequency , finally when it starts up, the board says "All 4 Cores Activated" -- before I got no such message. I DO get bluescreened every now and then, but it happens so infrequently I haven't reversed anything.

krishjet

Also, How to check MD5 hash value of the downloaded ISO file? Sorry if i am asking an easy one or repeated one.

Ahmad

Quote from: krishjet on April 29, 2012, 11:58 PM
Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I dont know whether i can ask it here or not. Forgive me if anything is mistake in my question

Does it include .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0? In case it has 3.5, can we update to 4.0? I mean will there be any problem while updating to 4.0?

Thanks

Hey buddy. :)
Maher's release of Windows XP doesn't include those .NET Framework.
You can install them manually with no problems.

Good luck.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Ahmad

Quote from: krishjet on April 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
Also, How to check MD5 hash value of the downloaded ISO file? Sorry if i am asking an easy one or repeated one.

You can ask whatever you want anytime.  :) :D

There are many tools to check MD5 hash value of files.
You can try this one:   [HashMyFiles]
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html

Note that there are many types of hash values like CRC32, MD5 & SHA1.

Good luck.  ;)

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on April 30, 2012, 12:32 AM
There are many tools to check MD5 hash value of files.
You can try this one:   [HashMyFiles]
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html
Note that there are many types of hash values like CRC32, MD5 & SHA1.
Good luck.  ;)

I know I've asked this before, but just want to be sure I get it right. The term "hash" refers to a unique "fingerprint" the file has, and CRC32, MD5 and SHA1 are "systems" for checking it?

I'm curious as to why you'd want the hash value of the files in your HD, assuming the above is true?

Ahmad

@ humbert
YES, you're right.

It just helps to compare the value of the file you have with the value that Maher posts >>>  If they are identical, then you have the right file with no viruses or problems [The same file from the vendor].

SO, its job is all about checking and being sure you have the same file.
:) :D

BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�