• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tg723

Greetings Mr. Mahel!

I'm new here in your site and I recently downloaded your Windows XP SP3 May edition (the first one that comes out when you search it to TPB). As I view the comments there, no one has ever encountered the same problem as I did. I downloaded the ISO, burnt it, and installed it. But for some reasons, I'm getting this error saying that "SETUPORG.exe does not exist in the i386 folder on UXPCD". There's a RETRY and SKIP options and technically, i will choose the SKIP button. The installation will finish but when the computer reboots itself, it won't continue saying that there's a missing file.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\presetup.cmd - FILE NOT FOUND!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupORG.exe - FILE NOT FOUND!
(setupORG.exe - > Original windows Setup.exe)

POSSIBLE CAUSE:
1. "Presetup.cmd" not exist in the i386 folder on UXPCD
    "setupORG.exe" not exist in the i386 folder on UXPCD

2. Check your "Txtsetup.sif" in the i386 folder on UXPCD
---Txtsetup.sif: -------------------------------------
[SourceDisksFiles]
setupORG.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0; must exist
presetup.cmd = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0; must exist
--------------------------------------------------------

SETUP ABORT

when i press OK, the system will reboot and will go on a loop just like this. I don't know how to solve this. I've went through various forums and it seems that most of them haven't found the answers yet. I thought you can help me with this. I can't use my laptop now even if i run it in safe mode.

Please help me as soon as possible. Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

-tg723

BLADESHARK

@ tg723 8)
Hello!! :D
The problem you are facing is because of corrupted files
Please make sure you download the full iso file and keep it sometime for seeding ???
Then burn the iso to a disc at the lowest speed possible [2x or 4x] to avoid any errors.
then reinstall windows and see the difference ;)
Good Luck Buddy :D
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

tg723

Thanks BladeShark for the quick response!!!

I'll be downloading it again and hope it will make a difference. However, I just want some things to be clarified (if it's okay)

1. After the download (and seeding of course :D), the only thing that I will do is to burn that single ISO file in a disc right?

2. I'm using BurnAware Free Software as my burning tool. When i create a bootable disc, it always ask me to have an image file before proceeding to burn. Can you explain to me what does that mean?

Thank you again for entertaining my questions :D

Ahmad

@ tg723. :)  Hello. :D

You don't need to create a bootable disk.. The ISO file you have downloaded is already bootable.
All you need to do is burning this ISO image onto a CD or DVD with any image burn software like NERO, UltraISO, PowerISO, MagicISO or ImgBurn. BUT, be sure [with any burning software] to use the option "Write/Burn ISO image".

If you put the ISO file you have downloaded onto the CD and burn like any data CD, it won't boot.

You must specify to burn CD/DVD image.

Also, it's recommended to choose the lowest burning speed (4x) to avoid errors.

This is a tutorial about burning image with PowerISO :
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=380.0

And this with MagicISO :
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=383.msg2121#msg2121

Good luck.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Ahmad

@ tg723. :)

You're welcome, buddy. :D
I'm glad that your problem has been solved, and I'm glad with your words.

Please, as you said.. Keep in touch.

Wish you all the best.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Bubster

My neighbours machine has crashed and I'm trying to salvage things from the HD before I reformat it again, but have some problem. They had 5 different logons on the machine and two of them were protected with password. I have now installed the HD in one of my machine to try and copy the files to mine and it all works well, except for the two that had password. It is the folder in Document & Settings /User1 and /User2. I can see the filetree in the folders but it doesn't allow me to copy anything. On every row there is a + after the file/folder size. I talked to them and have the password, but I can't enter that anywhere of course.
Is there anything  can do to save these files?

Thanks
Bub
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

Bubster

Quote from: Bubster on May 26, 2012, 11:03 PM
My neighbours machine has crashed and I'm trying to salvage things from the HD before I reformat it again, but have some problem. They had 5 different logons on the machine and two of them were protected with password. I have now installed the HD in one of my machine to try and copy the files to mine and it all works well, except for the two that had password. It is the folder in Document & Settings /User1 and /User2. I can see the filetree in the folders but it doesn't allow me to copy anything. On every row there is a + after the file/folder size. I talked to them and have the password, but I can't enter that anywhere of course.
Is there anything  can do to save these files?

Thanks
Bub

Well, problem is now solved, so I guess we leave this question!
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

BLADESHARK

@tg723 8)
You are welcome buddy :)
Always feel free to ask anything or any requests ;)
Have a Good Day Buddy :D
Good Luck
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

cozmic

THANKS you gonna save my laptop lol ,

quick quesstion , my laptop wont load due to viruses and other crap ,it gets to the log in screen , but wont load  so i need a boot disk , if i just burn this iso to a disk as data will it auto load, ? or will i need to set specific settings? any tips or help apreciated

thanks

Ronsin-ok

First the ISO has to be bootable. You didn't say if it was. If you open it with Ultra ISO or Power ISO, It will say bootable CD/DVD  or Data/ . If it's bootable, you can burn it with Nero , Imageburm Ect. Then you have to go to the computers BIOS. Look for a boot menu. Set the CD/DVD as the first boot device. Restart computer. It will boot from cd.
"I haven't failed, I've found ten thousand ways that don't work."