• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cozmic

sorry i downloaded a torrent and in the comments it had click here for support , http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7270478/Microsoft_Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_Integrated_May_2012 this torrent so idk if was bootable this is why i asked

Ronsin-ok

If that's the ISO you downloaded. It's bootable.
"I haven't failed, I've found ten thousand ways that don't work."

cozmic

ty , so just burn as a data cd with any recording program? so just drag the iso file and burn

Ronsin-ok

Most burning software should recognize it. Imageburn will show a message that it's bootable. If your not sure, get imageburn. It's free. Search for it. Just be carfulle when you install it, look for any Installl Yahoo bar or other stuff uncheck those boxes.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: cozmic on May 27, 2012, 09:41 PM
THANKS you gonna save my laptop lol ,

quick quesstion , my laptop wont load due to viruses and other crap ,it gets to the log in screen , but wont load  so i need a boot disk , if i just burn this iso to a disk as data will it auto load, ? or will i need to set specific settings? any tips or help apreciated

thanks
Hello cozmic
Hope you are well
if your lappy is infected with virus,you will need a bootable antivirus rescue disc [i will upload it for you but not right now bcoz its about 2am.here now and above all this i am on my mobile] so i will upload it in the morning
or if you have planned to format just your c drive then go for it.
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

BLADESHARK

Quote from: cozmic on May 27, 2012, 10:21 PM
ty , so just burn as a data cd with any recording program? so just drag the iso file and burn
No man you dont have to burn it as a data cd
look for an option as "burn image file" in imgburn
and then burn at the lowest speed possible 2x or 4x to avoid any errors or corrupted files.
have a good day buddy

Ahmad

@ cozmic. :)

As my friend, BLADESHARK, said.

You can have more detail about burning Here, if you need.

Regarding the AntiVirus Rescue Disk, You can download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from Here, and burn it on a CD or DVD in the same previous way as ISO image NOT Data, then boot from it.

Good luck.  :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Ronsin-ok

@cosmic.  Now I see why your confused. If the antivirus disk from almad & BLADESHARK dosn't help, and you want to just format the hard drive & re install windows. Your confused about the ISO file. An ISO file is sort of like a zip file. Inside the ISO there are a bunch of smaller files. You can't just burn the ISO as a single  file. You have to burn it as an image or ISO file. A program like  Imageburn is sort of like wizip or winrar in that It will extract all the files in the ISO & copy it to a cd.

darko31

Hello guys,

I have an legacy program that uses some kind of script which works only with Internet Explorer 6. Considering that your release has updated IE8, is there any way to downgrade to IE6 without reinstalling the whole system? I have tried the simple method of  modifying Windows XP components but no luck.

Thanks

BLADESHARK