• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Quote from: darko31 on May 28, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hello guys,

I have an legacy program that uses some kind of script which works only with Internet Explorer 6. Considering that your release has updated IE8, is there any way to downgrade to IE6 without reinstalling the whole system? I have tried the simple method of  modifying Windows XP components but no luck.

Thanks
Remove IE8 from the Add & Remove Windows components.
After restart you will have IE6. :D
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ronsin-ok

@BLADESHARK, Thanks for the info.   I thing Cozmic is very new to Image files. I repair computers & sometimes I get a costumer that wants a full explanation of how things work. I try to figure out what they allready know, then make refrences to that. At first I thought cozmic just wanted to make sure the ISO file had the boot info. Then I realized he  thought he could burn the ISO file the same way you would add a document to a disk & burn it.
I used the reference to ZIP files before because most people understand that inside there are more files.

Hope you see why I explained it that way.

"I haven't failed, I've found ten thousand ways that don't work."

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Ronsin-ok on May 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hope you see why I explained it that way.
I get you man :D
Thanks for explaining it to Cozmic 8)
I think I will enjoy your stay
Have a Good Day ahead :)

mbmirel83

Thanks for posting the torrent and making it easy to burn and install. But, I have a major issue connecting to the internet hard wired and wirelessly. I realize that some drivers need to be updated, but I can't do it without connecting to the internet. I'm guessing it's the ethernet driver that I have to update but again, I can't do it without internet access. Anybody else have this problem? Please help and thank you.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: mbmirel83 on June 02, 2012, 05:49 AM
Thanks for posting the torrent and making it easy to burn and install. But, I have a major issue connecting to the internet hard wired and wirelessly. I realize that some drivers need to be updated, but I can't do it without connecting to the internet. I'm guessing it's the ethernet driver that I have to update but again, I can't do it without internet access. Anybody else have this problem? Please help and thank you.
Hello mbmirel83 8)
Please install ALL the drivers from the Drivers disc which came with your Motherboard. :) OR use Driver Pack Solution.
For your info - Maher's Windows XP includes only SATA Drivers and Windows Updates NOT LAN or Ethernet drivers.

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 02, 2012, 06:52 AM
Please install ALL the drivers from the Drivers disc which came with your Motherboard. :) OR use Driver Pack Solution.
For your info - Maher's Windows XP includes only SATA Drivers and Windows Updates NOT LAN or Ethernet drivers.

Driver Pack Solution is an excellent choice. Yesterday while reconfiguring, I downloaded the latest version and it put in 10 new drivers, all without error. It even put in a SATA controller that previously wasn't even listed in Device Manager. I'd use this as my first choice assuming mbmirel83 already has it. One thing I've noticed is that for almost all products you buy, the CD that comes with it has old drivers. Naturally, if no connection to the internet exists and mbmirel83 has only the motherboard CD, then I'd say use that to get back online in order to get a copy of DPS and update.

I've always had terrible luck simply choosing an item on Device Manager and clicking where it says to look for an update. For me that rarely works.

WendyComp

Hey guys I just tried to reinstall Windows XP on my computer (using "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated May 2012")  and have run into a few problems.

1) After the install I noticed that I could not connect to the internet. After some investigating I found that the Network Adapter was not being recognized... not really sure what to do here... I downloaded some drivers on another computer and put them on a flash drive....

2) I tried to install said drivers from the flash drive but got an error that there was not enough space on my "C" drive for an install. - the "C drive" should be empty aside from the Windows install but according to "My Computer" I have 0 MB out of 0 MB free.

Any idea what I did wrong and how I can fix this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Shadow.97

Quote from: WendyComp on June 03, 2012, 02:41 AM
Hey guys I just tried to reinstall Windows XP on my computer (using "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated May 2012")  and have run into a few problems.

1) After the install I noticed that I could not connect to the internet. After some investigating I found that the Network Adapter was not being recognized... not really sure what to do here... I downloaded some drivers on another computer and put them on a flash drive....

2) I tried to install said drivers from the flash drive but got an error that there was not enough space on my "C" drive for an install. - the "C drive" should be empty aside from the Windows install but according to "My Computer" I have 0 MB out of 0 MB free.

Any idea what I did wrong and how I can fix this would be appreciated!

Thanks!
You might be as unlucky as i was, i couldnt get any internet connection so i had to install windows 7. If you have, try a wireless USB WiFi hub.

BLADESHARK

Just make sure you downloaded Maher's own XP by checking/verifying the Hash.

After the install I noticed that I could not connect to the internet.
This XP ain't includes ALL the drivers. It just includes the SATA Drivers not the drivers for LAN or Ethernet.
You should have read the post before while posting as it is just included before your post.
Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 02, 2012, 06:52 AM

I tried to install said drivers from the flash drive but got an error that there was not enough space on my "C" drive for an install. - the "C drive" should be empty aside from the Windows install but according to "My Computer" I have 0 MB out of 0 MB free.
Windows XP requires approx. 3GB for installation and take about 2GB for extra updates included by Maher, So total of 5GB just for your Windows XP OS and remaining for your other programs.
So you should have about 30GB for C Drive
Check while installing XP, if you have more than 10GB on C Drive, Something is really wrong (assuming you have Maher's XP) with your HDD or your Partitions.

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 04, 2012, 08:02 AM
So you should have about 30GB for C Drive
Check while installing XP, if you have more than 10GB on C Drive, Something is really wrong (assuming you have Maher's XP) with your HDD or your Partitions.

When was the last time you saw that someone couldn't spare 30 GB of free space -- unless that person has 2 year-old SSD or something? If not, to fill up any magnetic drive sold today  isn't exactly easy.

BTW - I'm in love with my SSD, and it's only SATA II which is all my board will support. Windows boots momentarily, and Ubuntu even faster.