• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magbig15

can you mount the ISO instead of burning it on a cd?

humbert

Quote from: magbig15 on June 16, 2012, 01:16 AM
can you mount the ISO instead of burning it on a cd?

If you're referring in the specific case of installing XP or any other OS, using a virtual drive is out of the question. Keep in mind you have to boot from the CD (impossible in a virtual drive scenario), and there's at least one reboot from start to finish where another OS enters the picture. This is one situation where you have to bite the bullet and burn.

qqwwee123

why you no intergated WMP11 into this ISO ?  :-\

// my eng very bad  :D

katana

Quote from: christosg88 on June 07, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hey guys!!!
I am having a really hard time with a pc an I need your help if possible...
First of all I am new in the site so any mistakes I hope will be forgiven...
To the point now...
I have an old pc and I am trying to install Windows XP on it but all my efforts were in vein cause during installation Windows XP don't recognize the hard drive and say that no hard drive was found...
I have successfully managed to install Windows 7 on it but since it has only 1 GB of RAM and Windows 7 need at least 2 GB I can't use them...
I searched a lot through websites and found that because the hard drive is SATA connected I need the appropriate SATA drives to install Windows XP...
I searched the site of the motherboards company but I didn't found the SATA drives and additionally the pc doesn't have a Floppy disk controller so I can't provide the SATA drives that way...
I tried the "Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.May.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com]" torrent but still the Windows XP can't recognize the hard drive... I don't know if I made any mistakes with your Windows XP Integrated (I didn't do anything different during installation like search for SATA drivers)...
That's the problem and any help would be really appreciated...
INFORMATION
Motherboard: MSI MS-7113
Hard drive: Seagate 500 GB
RAM: 1 GB

EDIT: Any help???

I had the same problem but it was with an old GIGABYTE mobo. Tried two HDDs, an 80GB Maxtor and a 320GB Seagate Barracuda. Flashed the bios, also SATA controller is set to ATA but still no luck. Now, the pc tower is sitting in the corner.  ???
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: katana on June 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote from: christosg88 on June 07, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hey guys!!!
I am having a really hard time with a pc an I need your help if possible...
First of all I am new in the site so any mistakes I hope will be forgiven...
To the point now...
I have an old pc and I am trying to install Windows XP on it but all my efforts were in vein cause during installation Windows XP don't recognize the hard drive and say that no hard drive was found...
I have successfully managed to install Windows 7 on it but since it has only 1 GB of RAM and Windows 7 need at least 2 GB I can't use them...
I searched a lot through websites and found that because the hard drive is SATA connected I need the appropriate SATA drives to install Windows XP...
I searched the site of the motherboards company but I didn't found the SATA drives and additionally the pc doesn't have a Floppy disk controller so I can't provide the SATA drives that way...
I tried the "Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.May.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com]" torrent but still the Windows XP can't recognize the hard drive... I don't know if I made any mistakes with your Windows XP Integrated (I didn't do anything different during installation like search for SATA drivers)...
That's the problem and any help would be really appreciated...
INFORMATION
Motherboard: MSI MS-7113
Hard drive: Seagate 500 GB
RAM: 1 GB

EDIT: Any help???

I had the same problem but it was with an old GIGABYTE mobo. Tried two HDDs, an 80GB Maxtor and a 320GB Seagate Barracuda. Flashed the bios, also SATA controller is set to ATA but still no luck. Now, the pc tower is sitting in the corner.  ???
First:
Try deinstalling the cables of the SATA HDD and then again install.

Second :
First of all go to bios and press F9 to load the default settings and then press F10 to save settings and exit
your computer will restart
again go to bios and make sure your sata controller is set to ATA, not AHCI.

Good Luck ;) :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

tfong4386

when I install maher's windows xp may 2012 compilation onto a virtual machine using VMWare Fusion 4 on Mac OS X, my internet would not work. But when i install other people's xp version, the internet would work. Is there something in maher's compilation disabled or something? I would really want it to work.
Thank you.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: tfong4386 on June 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
when I install maher's windows xp may 2012 compilation onto a virtual machine using VMWare Fusion 4 on Mac OS X, my internet would not work. But when i install other people's xp version, the internet would work. Is there something in maher's compilation disabled or something? I would really want it to work.
Thank you.
You need to install Ethernet & LAN Drivers ::)

tfong4386

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
You need to install Ethernet & LAN Drivers ::)
what ethernet or wireless drivers do I install when I use Vmware fusion 4 on a Mac OSX?

Thank you

vimaldhiman

I have downloaded your windows xp sp3 updated May 2011 and now i want to download Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated June 2012 but there is a problem in it during installation there is spelling mistake in Time Zone New Delhi. what is the reason of spell mistake. and please can you tell me how to make universal ghost by which i can install one ghost on different motherboard and laptops

BLADESHARK

Quote from: tfong4386 on June 19, 2012, 09:29 PM
what ethernet or wireless drivers do I install when I use Vmware fusion 4 on a Mac OSX?
So you think you've got all the drivers in your  Vmware fusion 4 on a Mac OSX already installed. COOOOL!!!!!  ???
I guess then you would have no need for installing any drivers on your PC when you install new OS
OR
you also might have not got any Driver's disc with your motherboard.

Quote from: vimaldhiman on June 20, 2012, 11:54 AM
there is a problem in it during installation there is spelling mistake in Time Zone New Delhi.
Yeah I 2 recognized that spelling mistake but what does it matter; its just the name of the timezone; does it show on ur desktop;y r u worried with that spelling mistake and making a issue. ???

what is the reason of spell mistake
I guess you should complain this to Bill Gates, just drop a mail in his Inbox ;D ;D
Who knows, this spelling mistake was included in the updates. If you have a retail disc of Windows XP then you might have not noticed this mistake.

how to make universal ghost
This link should help you man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQuzu4r_Sww