• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odlanyer22

And one more thing sir...
What is the concept of the security updates?
Each month have new security updates?
(For example Security Update "X" is only be released/seen for the month of Jan. and Security Update "Y" is only be released/seen for the month of Feb.)

Or each month a certain security update was just only enhanced?
(For example Security Update "X" for the month of Jan. still have on for Feb. but enhanced?)

Or could possibly be both?
For the next month, there are still the same update but enhanced at the same time, there are new updates?

I'm just wondering...
Thanks!
Learning Is Continuous Process . . . ;)

Ahmad

@Odlanyer22:  :)

First.. You won't need any other activations because the serial is genuine and passes windows genuine validation. I did update my windows before through Microsoft Update to be sure.
i.e. Microsoft will see your windows as genuine.

Second..
Every month, Microsoft finds that there is a defect in the Windows security or it may be hacked through a file or a service, so they release a patch or a hotfix to cure this defect. After a while, they may see that the fix they gave before is incomplete, so they enhance it and release a new hotfix replacing the older or they may release a complementary hotfix working beside the older.
Anyway, every month complements what before it.. i.e. September 2012 release has all updates that Microsoft released for Windows XP [The new and enhanced].

:) ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Odlanyer22

WOW! Complete and precise or should I say accurate answer, sir!
Thank you very much! ;)
Learning Is Continuous Process . . . ;)

Ahmad

Quote from: Odlanyer22 on October 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
WOW! Complete and precise or should I say accurate answer, sir!
Thank you very much! ;)

At your service.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

tusshar.gaba

SIR MY WINDOWS was corrupted so i downloaded your integrated oct 2012 xp sp3 ..i did the same as u suggested that how to burn ..i burned the iso image with imgburn ..then when i started the computer with windows cd in it ...then it says ''press any button to boot from cd'', then i pressed random button ..then the problem starts ..its showing me the "black screen" instead of showing me that "windows is loading drivers or files with blue background" ...so nothing is happening ..please suggest me something .please ...

macnewlover

Thanks so much Maher. You really know what you doing! Incredibly I found your great works and installed your Windows XP slick on Parallels. It's true your version the best on net even for a beginner like me.

Question: Pls help. I couldn't find the usb token under My Computer that plugged into Windows. No autorun window popped up. Can't find its directory at all. Do I need to install anything into the Windows?

Blacky

Hello,

I have a somewhat atypical problem.
For some time now I have searched for integrated releases of Windows XP for my work. It really saves a lot of time on installation to have a CD with XP that has everything in it, rather than downloading all the updates again and again... especially when you have a lot of computers.
The last distribution I used was Windows XP 32 in 1.

Now, the thing is, I am using XP with a valid OEM license key and I need to active Windows with that key. Of course your distribution doesn't allow that. I tried to apply a small trick and edited the setupp.ini file and changed the PID to Pid=76487OEM. I also changed the Disk's name to GRTMPOEM_EN.

Now, everything works fine until I get to introducing the product key. Here I have two issues:
1. Whatever Professional OEM product key I introduce, it says it's invalid. (Your stock Volume product key is also invalid)
2. If I try to use Next and skip the key introduction thing, I get the dialogue windows with Yes and No, I choose NO but nothing happens, it just brings me back to the windows where I have to put in the product key.

Any ideas on how to get by this?

Just to make it clear, I am not looking for a CD-key, but rather on how to make this distribution install WinXP Pro with a valid OEM CD-key.

Thank you

Maher

Quote from: Blacky on October 16, 2012, 11:26 PM
Hello,

I have a somewhat atypical problem.
For some time now I have searched for integrated releases of Windows XP for my work. It really saves a lot of time on installation to have a CD with XP that has everything in it, rather than downloading all the updates again and again... especially when you have a lot of computers.
The last distribution I used was Windows XP 32 in 1.

Now, the thing is, I am using XP with a valid OEM license key and I need to active Windows with that key. Of course your distribution doesn't allow that. I tried to apply a small trick and edited the setupp.ini file and changed the PID to Pid=76487OEM. I also changed the Disk's name to GRTMPOEM_EN.

Now, everything works fine until I get to introducing the product key. Here I have two issues:
1. Whatever Professional OEM product key I introduce, it says it's invalid. (Your stock Volume product key is also invalid)
2. If I try to use Next and skip the key introduction thing, I get the dialogue windows with Yes and No, I choose NO but nothing happens, it just brings me back to the windows where I have to put in the product key.

Any ideas on how to get by this?

Just to make it clear, I am not looking for a CD-key, but rather on how to make this distribution install WinXP Pro with a valid OEM CD-key.

Thank you
Hello Blacky,
Unfortunately, you can't use your OEM on this release. It's a Volume License copy, not an OEM.
But why would you want to use your own OEM if this one is working 100%, activated and passes Microsoft Genuine test?
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Blacky

Oh well, looks like I will have to stick to that old 32 in 1 release from March.

Because I use it to install Windows XP at my company and when the guys from the police and copyright investigation come over to check my licenses, they will want to see windows activated with the CD-key that's on the computer's label, not some random volume key.

In my line of work we have to format and reinstall Windows XP all the time and updating it is always time-consuming, that's why I opt for integrated versions that some great guys like you provide. I used to make these integrated versions myself for my work, but now I no longer have the time for it.

So that's my story.
Bottom line, I assure you there are a lot of people out there who want to have Windows XP with all integrated updated, IE8 and NetFramework etc., but use their own legit CD-key to install it.

Just to give you an example of such distribution: http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/145813-microsoft-windows-7-sp1-x64-aio-5in1-integrated-october-2012-updates/

What I was trying to do, was to convert your Windows XP installation CD, from a Volume ISO into an OEM ISO.

humbert

Quote from: Blacky on October 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
In my line of work we have to format and reinstall Windows XP all the time and updating it is always time-consuming, that's why I opt for integrated versions that some great guys like you provide. I used to make these integrated versions myself for my work, but now I no longer have the time for it.

Why not put XP on those computers, put in drivers and all necessary stuff, then simply make a backup which will be restored once the need for reformatting arises? That way you've got a fully activated copy and all that remains is to install and configure the apps you're going to use.

What rules does your company have to follow so they can get past the software police? I assume they must have bought keys that'll work on multiple computers or something of that nature. Also, does your company have ancient computers? I'm asking because otherwise why would they stick to XP in the days of Windows 8?