• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Demonoid Invitation code anyone?

Started by chrismt, June 24, 2011, 11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on October 03, 2011, 01:26 AM
Quote from: Maher on October 01, 2011, 12:21 PM
It wasn't me :)
A friend of mine here in qalqilia loves Demonoid too much! He asked me if it's okay to sign up with a user name looks like mine and upload my stuff there (he chose iMaher).
I told him no problem :) That's all.

I wish it was you, but I guess we'll deal with your friend and his contribution to Demonoid and the sharing community. Incidentally, how exactly did he get on? Did he get an invitation code from someone?
He will only upload my stuff from TPB, cause he's using my name there. So you can rest assured ;)
He got an invitation I think.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 04, 2011, 09:42 PM
He will only upload my stuff from TPB, cause he's using my name there. So you can rest assured ;)

Believe it or not, Demonoid has switched gears and have set up an open registration policy. I saw this a few days ago when I logged on and I couldn't believe it. Come to think of it, you don't need to log in to leech files from them. All you need to do is subscribe to their RSS feed. Hmmm.. then again, in order to subscribe do have to log in as a member?

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on October 06, 2011, 06:09 AM
Quote from: Maher on October 04, 2011, 09:42 PM

Believe it or not, Demonoid has switched gears and have set up an open registration policy. I saw this a few days ago when I logged on and I couldn't believe it. Come to think of it, you don't need to log in to leech files from them. All you need to do is subscribe to their RSS feed. Hmmm.. then again, in order to subscribe do have to log in as a member?
No, no :)
They open registrations for sometime (I think once a week). Now it's closed!

ollenberger

Maher- they are coming out w/ a new version of demonoid. The interface is actually very nice! I agree it can be a pain, but the newer version is fantastic and easy to use. It's currently a beta version, but is excellent. I enjoy demonoid ALOT now! -- is there another thread w/ other private torrent sites listed?  If anyone would like a demonoid invite I can probably get them a code  :)
There is no god.

Maher

Quote from: ollenberger on October 15, 2011, 10:03 PM
Maher- they are coming out w/ a new version of demonoid. The interface is actually very nice! I agree it can be a pain, but the newer version is fantastic and easy to use. It's currently a beta version, but is excellent. I enjoy demonoid ALOT now! -- is there another thread w/ other private torrent sites listed?  If anyone would like a demonoid invite I can probably get them a code  :)
Yes, I've noticed the new interface.
Hope it will be better than the old one.
If you have codes, paste them here, who needs it will use it ;)
Thank you in advance.

ollenberger

Ok.. I have two demonoid invite codes if anyone wants them.  :D

ollenbergerXot64396ijcm4azoxio7xnyhd22ir03phy

ollenbergerXdzckyszv3xoun44rt0ybc8wm0703r7w7f

feel free to ask if you need one  :)
There is no god.

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 16, 2011, 02:06 PM
Thank you in advance.

Hmmm... last time I was on Demonoid they were talking about new software but I didn't see anything different. Let me log on there to see.

As for posting invitation codes, why do you think that's a good idea? The codes will be eaten up immediately but, even worse, I read that if the person you invited screws up, the inviter's account could be in trouble too. Naturally for somebody you know that's not a problem, but for someone you don't??

Just wondering.

Maher

Quote from: ollenberger on October 17, 2011, 10:01 PM
Ok.. I have two demonoid invite codes if anyone wants them.  :D

ollenbergerXot64396ijcm4azoxio7xnyhd22ir03phy

ollenbergerXdzckyszv3xoun44rt0ybc8wm0703r7w7f

feel free to ask if you need one  :)
Thank you.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on October 18, 2011, 01:34 AM
Quote from: Maher on October 16, 2011, 02:06 PM
Thank you in advance.

Hmmm... last time I was on Demonoid they were talking about new software but I didn't see anything different. Let me log on there to see.

As for posting invitation codes, why do you think that's a good idea? The codes will be eaten up immediately but, even worse, I read that if the person you invited screws up, the inviter's account could be in trouble too. Naturally for somebody you know that's not a problem, but for someone you don't??

Just wondering.
You're right. But we should trust each other out!
If you prefer not to paste in here, you can send invitations to whoever asks for through personal messages ;)

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 18, 2011, 03:20 PM
You're right. But we should trust each other out!
If you prefer not to paste in here, you can send invitations to whoever asks for through personal messages ;)

I agree completely. We should trust each other out, no question about it. Sadly in this world we live in, there will always be bad apples who do nothing more than make life hard for honest people.

As for pasting codes here, I'm not sure what you mean. It's your site and you make the rules, you and not me decide whether or not codes can be posted in public. Naturally I fully respect whatever you decide. If a friend I trust (e.g., yourself) asked for an invitation code, for your safety and to insure the code stays good, I'd send it to you privately.