• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javedadm1

Great! This is really interesting, I didn’t know it! Keep it going!

shhnedo

Hello everyone. I'm planning on making myself a multiedition(and probably x86/x64) iso and i kinda want to use Maher's 7 ultimate x64/x86 iso files. My question is: since they're both just Ultimate with integrated updates, would there be any serious problem if I:
- deleted ei.cfg to unlock the editions
- played around with the install.wim files to make a single x86/x64 iso
?

If this frankenstein of mine were to successfully boot and install an edition other than Ultimate(say for example home premium), would it still have the integrated updates, or are they just for Ultimate(i'm kinda blind on this one and i don't know if the updates are the same for all editions)?

Hope you guys can understand my idea. :D
Cheers!

humbert

@shadow - it seems you solved the problem. What I'm not too clear about is exactly where the problem was and how it was solved.

Did you also say this problem occurred only on Windows and not on Ubuntu?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on January 26, 2014, 03:47 AM
@shadow - it seems you solved the problem. What I'm not too clear about is exactly where the problem was and how it was solved.

Did you also say this problem occurred only on Windows and not on Ubuntu?
It was my ISP's fault, they looked into it for 2 hours and resetted alot of stuff on their end towards my house and it began to work. I managed to do nothing to get it solved on my end. The problem was there on Ubuntu too, and on my school laptop. Though my wifi/router still worked I had terrible internet speeds/ping.(10mbit down, 4 up, and 300~ MS ping)

shhnedo

Quote from: shhnedo on January 25, 2014, 07:49 PM
Hello everyone. I'm planning on making myself a multiedition(and probably x86/x64) iso and i kinda want to use Maher's 7 ultimate x64/x86 iso files. My question is: since they're both just Ultimate with integrated updates, would there be any serious problem if I:
- deleted ei.cfg to unlock the editions
- played around with the install.wim files to make a single x86/x64 iso
?

If this frankenstein of mine were to successfully boot and install an edition other than Ultimate(say for example home premium), would it still have the integrated updates, or are they just for Ultimate(i'm kinda blind on this one and i don't know if the updates are the same for all editions)?

Hope you guys can understand my idea. :D
Cheers!

P.S. My plan worked. I managed to create an AIO iso using the x86 and x64 Maher Ultimates, though I did remove Starter/Basic x86/Basic x64 from it. It does install, but the updates themselves apply only to Ultimate. Home Premium, for example, doesn't contain any updates. Non-the-less, the iso works. :)

kojak4U

Ok can someone help me with this one her is my objective.  I am working with an HP Presario CQ56 Notebook PC, it has a cracked screen and for the longest I was using another computer monitor hooked up to this laptop.  Well it has since stopped working so the monitor I was using still works as that is what am on now.  But the computer am on now is slower than my deceased grandmother and this computer is one that Mahar worked on cause one of your reinstall CD's was acccidently left in the cd rom of the computer.  I would like to get both computers upgraded but it is gonna take some time as I am only a person that is on a fixed income.  The computer am on at the present is a Dell Dimension 2400  it has a 37.2 gb hard drive in it as I have found it will hold alot bigger hard drive and it only has 256 mb memory, if this is the type of computer work that you do selling one with the minimum in it.  And this computer will also hold a maximum of 4 gig memory given the motherboard it has in it. 
Computer Services Limited

shhnedo

Am I the only one who understands absolutely nothing from the post above?
Dude, I don't see anything related to windows 7 in particular.
What's the install CD got to do with PC ownership? (it's wierd you're using the word CD since windows 7 is like atleast 2GB in size)
Most importantly, you really need to work on your english.

humbert

Quote from: shhnedo on February 18, 2014, 12:38 PM
Am I the only one who understands absolutely nothing from the post above?
Dude, I don't see anything related to windows 7 in particular.
What's the install CD got to do with PC ownership? (it's wierd you're using the word CD since windows 7 is like atleast 2GB in size)
Most importantly, you really need to work on your english.

No, you are NOT the only dude who doesn't understand what kojak4U is trying to do. I didn't understand it either.

kojak4U

Ok lets see if I can simplify this since am talking to a bunch of high school rejects that says my english is bad I am 50 years old learn some respect for your elders.    With a background none of you can even touch.,  I have an Associate Degree in Computer Technology, fall back.  And also a Masters degree but let me get off all the degrees since all are not computer related.  Since I have aged a bit I gave gotten to the point that I am not remembering as much as I use to My bf knows how to work on laptop computers but he is always busy an not having time to do so I came to this forum.  As looking at the members list I went through the first 7 pages looking at people that sort of look like bots that can not in exact be a member of a web page.  Now you want to get versatile on a web page let me look the address of my business that I have had in exsistance since 10/1999 lets see who got the real members to a web page.   

But anyway getting to my question What I was asking about a Windows 7 was can someone explain what the screen should be doing as when you turn on the laptop since it has a cracked screen an does not load the other screen till it almost gets to the desktop.  I am trying to reload Windows 7 but am not able to since I can not see what is on the screen loading....on an CD meaning Compact Disc....how simple minded people really think wow for real....yes I use short cuts in english don't you
Computer Services Limited

shhnedo

Quote from: kojak4U on February 19, 2014, 05:34 AMto a bunch of...

Ok. First of all, I really hope you were talking to me with that one and just made a mistake by using plural (a bunch), because you can't possibly know everyones background. Second, this (or these) highschool reject(s) is(are) using fluent(easily understandable) english with a small amount of typos. Unlike you, Mr. I-has-the-background-of-a-god. In a nutshell, you're almost going against your own logic. I'm just gonna use the moment and say "Yes, I really AM a NINETEEN-YEAR-OLD, soon to be twenty.". The internet has seen enough individuals using their degrees/age as an argument. So please, take a deep breath and calm down, before you blow a hole through the roof.

Leaving that aside, it's time you replaced the screen of that poor ol' laptop. No, I don't care about financial problems, because it's up to you to save up on the amount needed to replace the screen. Until then, you can just render the machine useless. The non-working cracked screen can't be fully replaced by an external monitor, as you can't just use a walkthough to reinstall windows. As a matter of fact, that's not how a laptop is intended to be used. I understand that at this time this external monitor is probably the cheapest solution for you, but it shouldn't go on much longer. If you really want to stick with the "just gimme a flippin' walkthrough" method, read a Windows 7 Installation Guide.