• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: shhnedo on March 06, 2016, 11:33 PM
I meant that windows updates are almost pointless on a 7-year-old OS. If you want an updated iso, you can find many on kickass or tpb, just do yourself a favour and disable Windows Updates. First of all, you don't need to worry about security: you will most definitely NEVER get hacked(you're not a billionaire, else you wouldn't be pirating windows) and if you catch a bug that's probably your own fault(or the current user's fault anyway). Secondly, windows updates just brings more telemetry and 10 upgrade crap, neither of which a windows 7(or 8.1) user would ever want on their PC, so why the flying f**k would you go through the hassle of turning on WU and checking every single update to make sure it's not telemetry/upgrade?
I personally upgraded my 8.1 ent x64 to 7 pro x64. Yes, I UPGRADED, I didn't downgrade. I disabled the WU service and now I'm living a better life. I can run old games on my i7/GT730M laptop without the nasty lag introduced with 8.1(ditching old directx software) and I don't have to deal with a freaking start screen and a stupid store, both of which I never actually use. Yes, 7 may not have native USB3 support and .NET4 integrated, but I'd much rather install .NET4.6.1 than run windows updates to enable 3.5(which should've been integrated in the first place).
Microsoft lost my good opinion ever since they released W8. Windows 7 is the final good product, everything else is just focused on tracking your every keypress and your bathroom habits... Yes, personal privacy is an issue in windows way before XP, but atleast then they kept it quiet and moderate unlike now.
I'm deeply sorry maher quit, he really did make quality updated isos. Now i'm just downloading updated isos every 4-5 months and updating my 32GB usb stick. That's all.
Current version of w10 1511, is actually better. There's no nagging telemetry if you disable Connected User Experiences and Telemetry, you aren't tracked anymore. Yeah w7 is still better at running older games but now after running w10 on older hardware, it is freaking smooth w/o any lags whatsoever. Because I'm not an billionaire, even MS bypasses or revoke my w10 license after july'16, I'll simply install w7 and start from scratch.

shhnedo

Just because you set it to "Disabled" or "Off" doesn't mean they're not tracking you. The kernel itself is a keylogger and there are probably quite a few other sniffing creeps around the OS. ;)

Vasudev

Quote from: shhnedo on March 07, 2016, 03:58 PM
Just because you set it to "Disabled" or "Off" doesn't mean they're not tracking you. The kernel itself is a keylogger and there are probably quite a few other sniffing creeps around the OS. ;)
There are trackers that you cannot even avoid, like you said earlier We ain’t billionaires and I'll glad to see if MS changes plans after seeing what I do on PC and optimize windows.

shhnedo

I forgot to tell you. Normally I don't care what MS do and do not track. I'll pirate the crap out of whatever software I want. The thing is I've got atleast one more year of university ahead which means I've got limited traffic, upload traffic to be precise, and the fact that windows alone uploads a lot turns me off. I'd much rather get back to 7 and turn WU off than install 10 and reach my limit after 2(out of 4) weeks. That's it. I'd gladly install 10 on any machine at my own home where I've got a stable 3MB/s upload but no limits to it. :)

MrRockchip

Quote from: shhnedo on March 08, 2016, 03:45 PM
Normally I don't care what MS do and do not track. I'll pirate the crap out of whatever software I want.
if i remember correctly, microsoft can remove your pirated apps from Windows 10 - one more reason to stay with W7

humbert

Quote from: MrRockchip on March 08, 2016, 04:48 PM
if i remember correctly, microsoft can remove your pirated apps from Windows 10 - one more reason to stay with W7

What???? That's ridiculous! In order for them to do that first they would have to know the app is pirated. They have no way of knowing this. Even then they wouldn't dream of simply entering someone's computer and arbitrarily removing anything. Add to this the fact that they know perfectly the vast majority of apps on Windows computers are pirated.

There are quite a few programs out there that will remove any and all Windows spying and tracking. You can even disable Cortana and all the other bloatware they put on there.

I believe it's also possible to turn off automatic updates.

The beauty of Windows is that you can disable just about anything. Someone will immediately come up with a way to do it.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on March 09, 2016, 02:13 AM
Quote from: MrRockchip on March 08, 2016, 04:48 PM

What???? That's ridiculous! In order for them to do that first they would have to know the app is pirated. They have no way of knowing this. Even then they wouldn't dream of simply entering someone's computer and arbitrarily removing anything. Add to this the fact that they know perfectly the vast majority of apps on Windows computers are pirated.

There are quite a few programs out there that will remove any and all Windows spying and tracking. You can even disable Cortana and all the other bloatware they put on there.

I believe it's also possible to turn off automatic updates.

The beauty of Windows is that you can disable just about anything. Someone will immediately come up with a way to do it.
MS didn't remove my apps and games. If its true, I'll switch to Linux completely and Windows will be moving into a VM.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on March 09, 2016, 10:41 AM
MS didn't remove my apps and games. If its true, I'll switch to Linux completely and Windows will be moving into a VM.

Of course not! The idea that MS can remove your "pirated" apps is sheer lunacy. Imagine if they tried to do that. How many people would scream? To pull this off would be a technical nightmare requiring millions in investment. This scenario cannot happen and will NEVER happen, it is technically impossible and extremely counterproductive if it really happened.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on March 11, 2016, 03:20 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on March 09, 2016, 10:41 AM

Of course not! The idea that MS can remove your "pirated" apps is sheer lunacy. Imagine if they tried to do that. How many people would scream? To pull this off would be a technical nightmare requiring millions in investment. This scenario cannot happen and will NEVER happen, it is technically impossible and extremely counterproductive if it really happened.
By doing this madness, MS would lose the market to Mac OS and Linux. Running Pirated software on windows is one of the highlights why everybody prefer windows and that reflects huge market share too.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on March 11, 2016, 03:05 PM
By doing this madness, MS would lose the market to Mac OS and Linux. Running Pirated software on windows is one of the highlights why everybody prefer windows and that reflects huge market share too.

What you mentioned would be the least of MS' worries. What I'm wondering is how they'd pull off a thing like that? For starters, how would MS know you didn't pay for what's on your machine? Once they somehow accomplish that, how do they remove it? Even if they found solutions for these problems, they'd still have to get past a maze of firewalls and hacks that skilled pirates would create to stop them.

That's not all. What do they do when their new "anti-piracy" removal system misidentifies paid apps and kills them? People will scream!