• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on March 18, 2016, 02:57 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on March 11, 2016, 03:05 PM
By doing this madness, MS would lose the market to Mac OS and Linux. Running Pirated software on windows is one of the highlights why everybody prefer windows and that reflects huge market share too.

What you mentioned would be the least of MS' worries. What I'm wondering is how they'd pull off a thing like that? For starters, how would MS know you didn't pay for what's on your machine? Once they somehow accomplish that, how do they remove it? Even if they found solutions for these problems, they'd still have to get past a maze of firewalls and hacks that skilled pirates would create to stop them.

That's not all. What do they do when their new "anti-piracy" removal system misidentifies paid apps and kills them? People will scream!
I'm thinking of buying office 365 Home, what do you think @Humbert? MS needs to keep a db of users billing info say, 10Bn. people all over world, and checking everyone's info is not practical and it'd eventually overload their servers.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on March 18, 2016, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking of buying office 365 Home, what do you think @Humbert? MS needs to keep a db of users billing info say, 10Bn. people all over world, and checking everyone's info is not practical and it'd eventually overload their servers.

Ask yourself this question: do you really need a "software as a service" thing like office 365 Home? Can't you get by with a downloaded copy of Office 2013 activated with one of the innumerable activators you find on the torrents?

Of course MS has a database of paid users. Then again they also know that the vast majority of Windows and Office is pirated (i.e., unpaid). I remember once Steve Ballmer in a news conference said "Windows powers over a billion computers throughout the world". He never said anything about how many licenses were sold or how Windows got on all those computers to begin with. Familiar?

zipman208

I am sure like me a lot of people are wondering if Maher is ever coming back or is he gone for good.........

scarface

I sent you a private message zipman208.
In the meantime, if you want to contact Maher, send him a message...

humbert

Quote from: zipman208 on April 25, 2016, 12:34 AM
I am sure like me a lot of people are wondering if Maher is ever coming back or is he gone for good.........

The simple fact that the forum is here proves he's not gone for good. He pays the bill for hosting and does all maintenance. He's just a very busy man.

Vasudev

Indeed, he is very busy and yet, finds time to keep IDM users with updated versions.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 28, 2016, 07:24 PM
Indeed, he is very busy and yet, finds time to keep IDM users with updated versions.

I don't know why Maher keeps doing that. It's no secret that on the torrents you'll find at least 10 updated versions of IDM from different people, and they're usually uploaded hours after the new version is released.

I have a hard time believing the company that develops IDM has no idea cracked copies of their product are available everywhere.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on May 10, 2016, 03:55 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on April 28, 2016, 07:24 PM

I don't know why Maher keeps doing that. It's no secret that on the torrents you'll find at least 10 updated versions of IDM from different people, and they're usually uploaded hours after the new version is released.

I have a hard time believing the company that develops IDM has no idea cracked copies of their product are available everywhere.
Maybe they planted an exploit, to increase user adoption and dependence on DMs.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on May 12, 2016, 04:52 PM
Maybe they planted an exploit, to increase user adoption and dependence on DMs.

It seems to me they observed what Microsoft was doing and decided to do the same thing. And it's working! Almost everybody has IDM installed and their stuff spreads like fire.

dusty

I have an older version of Maherz but... Why is no other new version than April 2015 ? M$ release more updates after that.
So, this is up-to-date version or need to make some changes ?
Also, on this version will automatic updates work or searching infinitely ?

Thanks in advance and apreciate your work  :)

And please post here or send in private a link with windows 7 x64.
I have an iso but with different SHA1 and im not sure if safe.