• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdog

Quote from: humbert on May 23, 2012, 04:53 AM
Quote from: topdog on May 22, 2012, 10:56 PM
Here you go
(32) http://softarchive.net/blogs/maherz/w_nd_ws_ult_mte_p_x_ntegrted_my.967754.html
(64) http://softarchive.net/blogs/maherz/w_nd_ws_ult_mte_p_x_ntegrted_my_o.967759.html
The origanal page's were removed because the links were broken, these are the new ones.
(These links are for M@y 2O12 check News for latest)

Are you still leeching successfully from these sites and taking forever to get the files?
LOL. Yes I am still succesfully  leeching from a couple of DDL sites. In fact I haven't used torrents for 4 or 5 months (not completely comfortable with "leeching" although not an uploader, I believe and feedback tends to confirm, that I contribute adequately)
My main reason for going down the DDL road is that my primary interest in downloading is history books and it's far easier to see what your getting on DDL's and to do something about rip-off uploaders on the site I  use most frequently. I can see that for programs and maybe large music collection things are different. also given the small size of the files (epub/mobi etc) I don't have many issues with speed.
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

humbert

Quote from: topdog on May 23, 2012, 11:06 PM
LOL. Yes I am still succesfully  leeching from a couple of DDL sites. In fact I haven't used torrents for 4 or 5 months (not completely comfortable with "leeching" although not an uploader, I believe and feedback tends to confirm, that I contribute adequately)
My main reason for going down the DDL road is that my primary interest in downloading is history books and it's far easier to see what your getting on DDL's and to do something about rip-off uploaders on the site I  use most frequently. I can see that for programs and maybe large music collection things are different. also given the small size of the files (epub/mobi etc) I don't have many issues with speed.

I suppose that when you refer to the to the Rapidshares as DDL sites, the acronym means something like "Dull, Deadly and Lousy". :) Also, don't be ashamed of the fact that on a torrent site all you do is download and not upload. Simply don't close µTorrent when the download ends, just leave it there seeding for a while - the longer the better. That way you're contributing because you're one more seed for someone else who wants it. Even a site like Demonoid, who has your ul/dl ratio at the top, doesn't enforce that ratio and really doesn't care. On TPB, H33t and 1337x you can download to your heart's content without even having an account, you only need one to leave messages or in case you upload something.

I should also mention that many of the torrent sites have awesome e-book collections too. For music get a free proggie called SongR (google it) - with that you can download music until you become deaf -- and all free, no questions asked, no accounts to open. Ignore where it says "buy music" and just type the song, artist or album you want in the search bar -- you'll see a bunch of servers (mostly in Eastern Europe) hosting them. You can even preview and listen to a few stanzas of the song before deciding it's what you want. I'm not that much of a music fan, but even I've downloaded no less than 200 songs using that proggie. If you can't find it, I'll send you my copy via Dropbox, but I'm sure you will.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: topdog on May 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
if they are going to suspend the account within a day or two (and maybe report to MS) then what can Maher do?
I never heard of any File Sharing site complaining to Microsoft about their products.
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on May 24, 2012, 04:39 AM
For music get a free proggie called SongR (google it) - with that you can download music until you become deaf -- and all free, no questions asked, no accounts to open.
Indeed a good program
I was searching for a song some days ago and with no success but after this program I shall find my Fav songs. :)
Thanks Humbert ;D

DeathLoRd

Hello.
i downloaded ur XP May 2012
double booted it
it has somehow removed my windows activation..
what do i do ?

BLADESHARK

Quote from: DeathLoRd on May 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hello.
double booted it
what do i do ?
Activate it again :D
Check your PM Inbox ;)

Ahmad

Hello.
double booted it
what do i do ?

If you're meaning Windows 7, then use DAZ Loader from Here or Here to activate it again.

Good luck. :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

DeathLoRd

Quote from: Ahmad on May 25, 2012, 05:57 AM
Hello.
double booted it
what do i do ?

If you're meaning Windows 7, then use DAZ Loader from Here or Here to activate it again.

Good luck. :D

Thanks a lot :D
It worked
a Restart and activated :)

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on May 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
For music get a free proggie called SongR (google it) - with that you can download music until you become deaf -- and all free, no questions asked, no accounts to open.
Indeed a good program
I was searching for a song some days ago and with no success but after this program I shall find my Fav songs. :)
Thanks Humbert ;D

I found out about it because about a year or so ago, someone uploaded an MP3 downloading program to TBP. As I was reading the comments (for and against), one guy said "forget all this and just go with SongR". I promptly Googled it and, sure enough, the thing is a gem. So far there isn't a song I like that I haven't been able to find, the only obvious exceptions being those where I don't clearly remember the title or artist. As I mentioned, one thing I love about it is the fact that it allows you to preview the song first, just to make sure you're downloading the right one, not to even mention it's all "no questions asked".

BLADESHARK

So you might be knowing Super MP3 Downloader. :)