• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dariux120

Hello, buying new computer without windows, so i need to choose which version of windows i need.

amd athlon x4.
8gb ram

x84, x64 or x32? to work best?

Chex

Quote from: Dariux120 on October 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Hello, buying new computer without windows, so i need to choose which version of windows i need.

amd athlon x4.
8gb ram

x84, x64 or x32? to work best?

x64 because of the 8GB RAM...

humbert

I totally agree. As I see it, 32bit OS's are a thing of the past and are destined to disappear forever. Only those guys who can't afford a 64-bit system with at least 4-GB of RAM should even consider 32bit. In your case, installing 32bit is like throwing out the window the additional 4-GB of RAM your new system has.

As for what you bought, you made a good choice. For quite a while I too have been using AMD products and in all honesty I've never had a problem. In fact I too bought a new AMD system myself. I got it online and it hasn't arrived yet.

Out of curiosity alone, what model microprocessor and motherboard did you get?

DShiznit

Any response to my question? I want to get Windows 7 working again but I still want to be able to boot XP when I need to. Will the windows 7 repair function do that and does the iso here have that function?

Dariux120

AMD Athlonâ,,¢ II X4 Quad Core 641 / 2.8Ghz / 4M / FM1

8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz DUAL CHANNEL DDR3

AMD A55 FM1 / RAID

so 64x is best option?

syd8uf

Hi,

I had downloaded the ISO for windows7 ultimate 64 bit. I have an Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard and AMD FX4100 processor. When I try to install windows, I keep getting the error "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing." Can someone please help?

humbert

Quote from: Dariux120 on October 24, 2012, 10:12 AM
AMD Athlonâ,,¢ II X4 Quad Core 641 / 2.8Ghz / 4M / FM1
8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz DUAL CHANNEL DDR3
AMD A55 FM1 / RAID

That's a very nice system. Enjoy it!

Quote from: Dariux120 on October 24, 2012, 10:12 AM
so 64x is best option?

Absolutely! Actually, x64 is your only option. If you use any 32-bit OS on your new system, all you've done is spent your money for no reason at all. There is no way a 32-bit OS can take advantage of all your new features, it's simply not built for that.

You are now always and forever in the x64 club and you'll never look back to 32.

nishantsinhaeee

hey i jus dwded the windows 7 ultimate sp1 uploaded y u in october . the last instruction for installing was to use windows loader . How can i get a loader . cn u suggest a link  from where i cn dwd .??
i am formattimg my lappy for the  the first time so the steps for formatting and reinstalling are the same or is it different
and also will it work fully as a genuine windows?? should i keep my windows update off so that it does nt cause probllems
plz reply asap
thank you in advance

rps11997

Maher,s You did a really great job man thank for it u rock :) :) :)

onestep

Installed OS, tried to install that drivers service pack but I could only get the internet installed. It gives me a blue screen with errors when I try to dl the rest.

Listed on my device manager are these yellow question marks...

Other Devices
          ! Network Controller
          !PCI Modem
          !Unknown device

Sound Video and Game Controllers
          !Multimedia audio controller

How to fix these problems?