• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchater89

Hey, first time posting... Maher I know you hate macs, but I'm having trouble mounting the iso on my Macbook pro running Lion
Thanks

sreham

Try using GImageX to mount and modify WIM files.  Follow the instructions how to mount and un-mount, you will have to create a C:\Mount folder to contain the WIM file in order to work on it.   Before mounting you many have to put the WIM file into a folder and then onto the desktop as not to unpack themselves when preparing them for mounting. WIM files are a protected file that can only be modified via certain software such as GImageX after being mounted.  If you modify and try to save the WIM file w/o mounting it will not be saved. Do a search, there's plenty of hits.

sreham

For anyone working with Win 7 updates, is there anyway just to receive the install.wim only w/o downloading the entire ISO?
Thanks Maher and to all those helping.

ali444

Quote from: nikhilrao8095 on July 10, 2011, 08:27 AM
i have a problem windows it is for only 30 days what should i do
usE the window 7 uplaoder  :)

saviorv

YOU. ALL OF YOU. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for all those things you did.
BTW, I've downloaded the Win7 Ultimate September (the October one has a pretty low seeder count), and gonna install it right now, but I dont know wheather this one can turn on auto update without being captured by microsoft or not. Can you tell me? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English, its not native

onestep

Quote from: onestep on October 27, 2012, 06:49 PM
Installed OS, tried to install that drivers service pack but I could only get the internet installed. It gives me a blue screen with errors when I try to dl the rest.

Listed on my device manager are these yellow question marks...

Other Devices
          ! Network Controller
          !PCI Modem
          !Unknown device

Sound Video and Game Controllers
          !Multimedia audio controller

How to fix these problems?

Would like some help. I found out my audio driver is a RealTek AC97 Audio Driver Disk. I have a Panasonic Toughbook Model Number CF51ECMFBBM. Thanks

humbert

Quote from: saviorv on October 28, 2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks so much for all those things you did.
BTW, I've downloaded the Win7 Ultimate September (the October one has a pretty low seeder count), and gonna install it right now, but I dont know wheather this one can turn on auto update without being captured by microsoft or not. Can you tell me? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English, its not native

If you activate it with Daz Loader (which Maher always includes), feel free to get updates from Microsoft without fear of encountering a problem. Besides, MS doesn't care about Win7 any more, they're concentrating on Windows 8 and how to make their Metro interface stick. Incidentally, why not install a copy of Win8 instead? Once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back.

BTW, I know of only 2 or 3 people on the forum who can claim English as their first language. We use it here because otherwise this would become another Tower of Babel. What's wrong with your English? You come across perfectly.

saviorv

Quote from: humbert on October 30, 2012, 04:16 AM

If you activate it with Daz Loader (which Maher always includes), feel free to get updates from Microsoft without fear of encountering a problem. Besides, MS doesn't care about Win7 any more, they're concentrating on Windows 8 and how to make their Metro interface stick. Incidentally, why not install a copy of Win8 instead? Once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back.

BTW, I know of only 2 or 3 people on the forum who can claim English as their first language. We use it here because otherwise this would become another Tower of Babel. What's wrong with your English? You come across perfectly.

Thank you, Humbert, you r so generous. I will try win8 when I have time, definitely (a big bear hug for Maher), but this win7 is for my girl friend, who only uses PC for simple tasks like office and don't care so much about anything with touch screen, therefore win7 is more suitable i think.

onestep

Please help me in the XP thread.

reiyu

when i installed the image, it was indeed SP1, but it just came with IE8... is this normal?