• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khansahib

i'm using vista on dell INSPIRON 1545, and want to install windows 7 on secondary partition.. so my question is whether this version would work on my laptop, without harming windows vista bcoz its genuine as well as i've many software installed in it, which i can't afford to lose..

Thanks.. :)

mrc333777

Ahmad

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

khansahib

Quote from: khansahib on November 22, 2012, 12:50 AM
i'm using vista on dell INSPIRON 1545, and want to install windows 7 on secondary partition.. so my question is whether this version would work on my laptop, without harming windows vista bcoz its genuine as well as i've many software installed in it, which i can't afford to lose..

Thanks.. :)

would anyone like to answer this?? :-/

goldleopard

Need help people. I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed on my computer.
I downloaded "Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x86) Integrated October 2012" and "Windows Loader 2.1.7".

Now when I open the file to install the update:
Get important update for installation? No
Which type of installation you want do you want? Upgrade or Custom, I choose Upgrade.

After that I get an error:
To upgrade, you need to be running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 installed. Close the installation, open Windows Update, and then check updates for Service Pack 1.

What am I doing wrong? Thank for the torrent and thanks for the help  :)

Ahmad

@khansahib:

Sorry bro.. I don't know enough about 7, especially dual operating systems methods.
Wait for help from others who know better.

@goldleopard:
Are you using Windows 7 64-bit (x64) ?
Because I think [Not sure as never tried] .. upgrading Windows (x64) can't be done with Windows (x86).
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

goldleopard

Yes I have Windows 7 64-bit and I downloaded Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) not x86 like I wrote earlier.

It writes that I need SP1 when I'm actually trying to install SP1 lol. I know I'm doing something wrong just can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

pic:

winterdvl

Hi Guys,

I recently installed the windows 7 ultimate 64 bit into a laptop, booted from cd, clean boot wiping everything off hard drive. Everything seems to work and I used the windows loader for the license, however the screen resolution is really high. The text/symbols, etc. everything is really large and when i try to decrease it, it says it is on the lowest setting already. I tried installing a windows 8 64 bit earlier and everything worked fine, so don't think it is the bit issue.

Thanks for the help!

brunlea

will there be a torrent of this latest windows 7 on TPB or downloading here in split rars from other sites...the download speed is really slow to download.

binghamian

Guys, sorry if this has been ask 1000nd times already, but bare with me.
I got the ISO file for Win7 from the goodness of Ahmad heart off TPB.
Now is it possible to put that onto a external hard drive and boot up a formatted laptop from it.
I've tried copying just the ISO and also extracting it to it, but it still can't seem to fine the bootmgr file, even thought it is there.

Any idea please.

Cheers