• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I'm curious as to why you hated Windows 8. It's the best thing next to a sliced bread. I've noticed many people who say this simply don't understand it. I don't know if this is your case or maybe you're in a different situation than I am.

As for Windows 7 or any other OS you put in, you'll have to do a fresh install. Before that, go to drp.su and grab the latest DriverPack solution DVD. This thing has all the drivers there are.

Have you checked on Device Manager that indeed your wireless network card isn't working because it needs a driver?

CaDDy85

Hi Maher, first of all thanks for the good work.

However, I got a problem with your Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version. I did exactly as you described by burning the downloaded file as an iso.img on a DVD.

Now that I wanted to install it on my new computer (it should be compatible) it works as far as booting from the DvD Rom and starts the W7 installation programme. However, after I choose Language, Time Zone and Keyboard Language, the installation does not start, but a failure message appears:

"Load Driver - Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, DvD, CD or USB flash drive, please insert it now"

I tried to reburn the iso on slowest possible burning speed, but the same problem occured.

I hope you or somebody else can help me out with this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

CaDDy

brunlea

@ caddy85, don't choose language or any others and see what happen...you can change all them once you install the windows..go to control panel and click on 'Region and Language. :)

Hope this help you in small way.

r0zay_

i feel like windows 8 would be fantastic to use on the microsoft surface tablet or touch-screen pc's but i just don't like it on my laptop. the hot spots on the top and right side of the screen are annoying and i hate the metro ui.  i downloaded start8 so that the start button was back and i used start8 to customize things but i still didnt like it. i just miss windows 7 and the simplicity of it.

im kind of a noob when it comes to installing an operating system like this so can you please give instructions on how to do a clean install of windows 7?

i still have the dvd that i burned with the iso on it and i backed up all of my files i need on another computer so im fine with erasing everything.

dont i have to delete a partition or something?

and do i install those drivers you told me to get after doing the clean install? can i just put those drivers on one of my flash drives?

im sorry for asking stupid questions but i just want to make sure that i dont completely screw up my computer.

thank you for your help!  i appreciate it!

CaDDy85

Quote from: brunlea on November 25, 2012, 05:00 PM
@ caddy85, don't choose language or any others and see what happen...you can change all them once you install the windows..go to control panel and click on 'Region and Language. :)

Hi Brunlea, I did as you told me and left all parameters as original, but I still get the same message concerning the "driver".

Any other suggestions how to solve this? Maybe get the latest October Version? The thing is I cannot see on TPB any people occurring the same problem as I did, so I doubt a different version will be a solution ; (

Regards

brunlea

Quote from: CaDDy85 on November 25, 2012, 05:11 PM

Hi Brunlea, I did as you told me and left all parameters as original, but I still get the same message concerning the "driver".

Any other suggestions how to solve this? Maybe get the latest October Version? The thing is I cannot see on TPB any people occurring the same problem as I did, so I doubt a different version will be a solution ; (

Regards

Sometime when you downloading the file, its get corrupted and its happened to me in the past getting all sort of errors, from my experience, i re-download the file and this solve the problem but i don't know whether this is the case on your side but surely if this happening to me i will re-download the file and burn it will the slowest possible speed using imgburn.

Give it a try see what happen mate?

CaDDy85

Quote from: brunlea on November 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
Quote from: CaDDy85 on November 25, 2012, 05:11 PM

Regards

Sometime when you downloading the file, its get corrupted and its happened to me in the past getting all sort of errors, from my experience, i re-download the file and this solve the problem but i don't know whether this is the case on your side but surely if this happening to me i will re-download the file and burn it will the slowest possible speed using imgburn.

Give it a try see what happen mate?

Guess you are right, I will give it another try and hope for the best....if anyone has another suggestion for me I am all ears.

Thanks in advance

CaDDy85

BTW I rechecked the downloaded file and it already is an ISO file. Hence I did not had to extract anything. Don't these torrents usually come as Zip/RAR files? Maybe there lies the problem?

Regards

brunlea

Quote from: CaDDy85 on November 25, 2012, 05:33 PM
BTW I rechecked the downloaded file and it already is an ISO file. Hence I did not had to extract anything. Don't these torrents usually come as Zip/RAR files? Maybe there lies the problem?

Regards

Not neccessary they have to be zipped RAR...just a thought ru installing it direct from desktop or rebooting it then install from DVD?

CaDDy85

Booting from DVD directly