• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on November 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
I tried my friend's advice "humbert" to use BurnAware and it's awesome and simple and also has every feature I need that I used to use with Nero.
But I want to give ImgBurn a try also .. I downloaded it before but it has a lot of settings which made me unable to recognize if it has multisession feature or not.
:)

Ahmad - once you check out Imgburn let me know if it can burn not only images, but also all the other stuff BurnAware easily does (individual files, music, movies etc). I'm asking because I see no reason to install a program like that if all it does is burn images. In my case when I need to either create an ISO file or do things with an existing one (as I guess Imgburn can do), Total Commander's ISO extension does it all, and it's extremely lightweight too. There is even a 64bit version designed for TC x64, which I use.

As I've said so often before, I simply can't understand why I'm the only Total Commander user here. TC is on all torrent sites in both x86 and x64 versions, it's extremely easy to crack, and with it's tons of extensions it does just about everything. I also can't imagine why people bother with Windows Explorer - it's cumbersome and with almost no features.

Ahmad

ImgBurn can burn data disks as well .. like in this image:

But frankly, it's NOT enough.
BurnAware is awesome tool in comparison with ImgBurn .. It's also freeware and lightweight but has more flexibility than ImgBurn.
And the most important thing for me is that BurnAware supports multisession disks ... i.e.  I burned some data on a DVD and left about 1.5 GB free by choosing not to finalize the disk from BurnAware settings .. when using ImgBurn to add more data, it says to me: "Disk is not empty" and it doesn't allow me to click the "Burn" button .. But in case of BurnAware, it says "Disk has data .. Do you want to update" so, I click Yes .. so it reads the old data and adds the newer.

So, I decided to use the simple non-bloating free BurnAware instead of Nero7 Micro version 13.6 MB which I have been using since I bought my PC. But I know it won't be compatible with newer OS like Windows 7 or 8 .. So BurnAware is the best for me up till now because It has Nero's features that I love and need, PLUS it's free. I know it has a pro version but I don't need extra features in it :
* Copy Disk: If I need this feature, I'll make an image of the disk then burn it.
* Multiburn: Never needed such thing.
* Data Recovery: I never needed this feature but if I need it, UltraISO is very good in this field .. It also enables me to explore the multisession disk and extract files from an old hidden sessions which are not seen by any explorer.
:) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Burnaware free? Oh no! You didn't get it from the right place. Burnaware Pro version 5.4 is available for download at your favorite torrent site, and it works great and cracks easily. It's probably got some more features than the free or trial version you have. If you can't find it I'll be more than happy to put my copy on one of those strange cloud sites so you can grab it.

From the screenshot you put for Imgburn, to me there's no question that Burnaware is better. I'm not even seeing an option to create music CD's from mp3's you've got. This business of making music CD's is older than the pyramids, and I'm surprised Imgburn doesn't include it.

While we're on the subject of music, anyone who wants to have more songs than you'll ever hear, google for a copy of SongR. It's freeware and works great. You can even preview a song before downloading it so be sure it's the one you want.

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on November 29, 2012, 03:38 AM
Burnaware free? Oh no! You didn't get it from the right place. Burnaware Pro version 5.4 is available for download at your favorite torrent site, and it works great and cracks easily. It's probably got some more features than the free or trial version you have. If you can't find it I'll be more than happy to put my copy on one of those strange cloud sites so you can grab it.

I've actually tried the pro version. but as I explained in the last post .. I don't need those 3 extra features. The free version has all I want without need to any cracks.
BTW, it's unlimited free NOT trial for a certain period.

ExtraCC

Hey guys just downloaded the windows 7 from you ( thank you ) however im wondering how to burn it as a boot-able disk ? i got burnaware but when i try to follow your suggestion to burn it directly from the zip to the disk it does not turn it into a bootable disk.

any help would be appriciated
Thanks

brunlea

Quote from: ExtraCC on November 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hey guys just downloaded the windows 7 from you ( thank you ) however im wondering how to burn it as a boot-able disk ? i got burnaware but when i try to follow your suggestion to burn it directly from the zip to the disk it does not turn it into a bootable disk.

any help would be appriciated
Thanks

buddy you doing it wrong...if the file is zipped all you have to do is to unzip it and there will be a file called ISO and you burn this ISO onto your dvd. :)

hope this help a bit. :)

Thanks Maher for uploading a latest torrent update of November on TBP. :)

Gemini

Windows Loader link broken?

James

Is there including russian language ?

Ahmad