• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodgex

Actually, I'm having trouble installing this. I burnt the image to a dvd, made a bootable usb using Pendrivelinux and the Windows 7 usb tool, but my laptop wouldn't boot into Windows 7 install with any of these. I tested making a Linux live cd, and that worked fine. I tried the Windows 7 dvd on another computer, but again, it did not boot. I even tried running Windows 7 setup when my computer was on, it did its initial setup, but after rebooting was stuck on the Windows 7 starting screen and didn't progress beyond that. Any ideas for how to fix this?

LjubeGVG

Where is thepiratebay link from december 2012 realise ?

Ahmad

Quote from: LjubeGVG on January 04, 2013, 10:45 PM
Where is thepiratebay link from december 2012 realise ?

There are NO torrents for December releases yet.  :-[
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

stagoria

I burnt the image to a disk, but nothing happened when I restated my laptop, would anyone be able to help?

Ahmad

Quote from: stagoria on January 05, 2013, 09:33 PM
I burnt the image to a disk, but nothing happened when I restated my laptop, would anyone be able to help?

Hello :)

Are you sure you burnt the ISO file as image NOT data?
This tutorial shows you how to burn image file to a DVD.

If you've done this correctly, then set your DVD as the first boot device in your BIOS.. Or press the button associated with showing boot menu in your Lap just after turning power on, and boot from DVD.

Good luck.  ;)

stagoria

Quote from: Ahmad on January 05, 2013, 10:31 PM

Are you sure you burnt the ISO file as image NOT data?
This tutorial shows you how to burn image file to a DVD.

If you've done this correctly, then set your DVD as the first boot device in your BIOS.. Or press the button associated with showing boot menu in your Lap just after turning power on, and boot from DVD.

Good luck.  ;)

I used ImgBurn to do it, and I selected the write image to disc option, I'm pretty sure it's alright. Yep, I selected dvd as the first boot option in BIOS, but my laptop just starts up normally after I exit BIOS :(

Thanks!

Edit: Trying PowerISO to see if that helps :D

Edit 2: Still doesn't work :(

Ahmad

Quote from: stagoria on January 05, 2013, 10:55 PM

I used ImgBurn to do it, and I selected the write image to disc option, I'm pretty sure it's alright. Yep, I selected dvd as the first boot option in BIOS, but my laptop just starts up normally after I exit BIOS :(

Thanks!

Edit: Trying PowerISO to see if that helps :D

Edit 2: Still doesn't work :(

Is there any problems with DVD?

Anyway, try installing Windows 7 from USB..
Use any of these tools to prepare the USB flash drive for Windows 7 installation..

Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
WinToFlash
Rufus

After preparing the USB flash drive, restart PC and boot from USB.
I hope this help. :)

stagoria

Quote from: Ahmad on January 06, 2013, 03:43 PM
Is there any problems with DVD?

Anyway, try installing Windows 7 from USB..
Use any of these tools to prepare the USB flash drive for Windows 7 installation..

Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
WinToFlash
Rufus

After preparing the USB flash drive, restart PC and boot from USB.
I hope this help. :)

I tried 4 DVD's but none of them worked :( I made the boothable USB using Microsoft's Tool, but it didn't boot up when I restarted my computer either... I tried it on another computer, but it didn't boot up either, I dunno... :( Thanks for your help though :)

Ahmad

Quote from: stagoria on January 07, 2013, 09:49 PM
I tried 4 DVD's but none of them worked :( I made the boothable USB using Microsoft's Tool, but it didn't boot up when I restarted my computer either... I tried it on another computer, but it didn't boot up either, I dunno... :( Thanks for your help though :)

Since you tried that on another computer, then the cause is the ISO file.. may be you didn't download the file completely..

Try another version of Windows 7.. e.g. The original one from Microsoft, or any other.. If it boots, then the problem is in the ISO file of Maher which may be incompletely downloaded. If so, re-download it and leave it seeding for a period.

Sorry, I'm not using Windows 7, otherwise I would help you better or try on my PC but it can't run 7.

Vux

When can we expect december release?