• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

rodtsuka
thanks for the advice. I did happen to have Hiren's and I did setup the usb drive per your link. I ran Partition Wizard and I 'think' I have two boot partitions on the disks (and I should right since the drives are mirrored). I am attaching the report from the app that shows the details. I did see a Repair MBR option but didn't try that yet for fear of making things worse.

See the attached file (didn't get a screen shot, but will do that next time if needed).

Christopher

Tragzes

Hi Dear Maher!!
Sometimes i have problems with extracting ...
Please .. put recovery record ...thanks

rodtsuka

to christopher: the information in attached file indicate that the 2 dics are acting separetely, check your bios and re-check the raid normally this will solve the problem. I no longer more use raid on a critical systems because when you use raid if you erase or delete a data file (erase means destroy - raid doesn´t solve your problem). I normally use the two dics as independent - one for normal use and one for backup and of course create an updated acronis file from time to time with the system in case main disk crashes you pickup a new hd put the systyem back, put data and the system is ready to  work again. I normally use syncbackpro from 2BrightSparks (the license is cheap) and programming a backup in the end of the day (you can make your own schedule - be careful with outlook and oher email softwares, because the message file is very big and demands a lot of time to backup - I knew a lot of people skipping backup and having the worst problems after because this kind of thing). With  this program you can set a lot of things (schedule, comparing, what is going to do if have a file in the backup and main doesn´t have (and vice versa of course).

Another thing that I tell peple to do (but they don´t) is when you live your table for a middle or long period of time - reboot (don´t suspend or hibernate - and if you are a really technician you know suspend and hibernate doesn´t work - I always disable this in my systems).

In the case of critical systems the better thing to use is an external usb 3.0 hd (don´t buy usb 2.0 because the difference it´s worthing even if you are using in a 2.0 systems) or if your machine is inside of a cabled (wireless is very slow) networked ones, backup in another machine inside of the same cabled network - the only two things is time consuming is email backup and the first time backup.

Again - Sorry for my english - it´s not my native language (Portuguese)

bittin

Reinstalled my PC with this Windows 7 works perfect :)

Angelic

Hi Guys.

Firstofall I'm a newbie member, but have been using maher releases and would I like thank you for the upload of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with integrated updates. As I have very slow connection on a good day I get 1mbps download!!! So updating takes forever!!! I have been using your Windows 7 Ultimate releases (a) for the updates (b) Chess Titans. However I want to downgrade to Professional as it only missing the chess and I found how get it back.

So my open question is: Is there a way/How can I change MAHERZ release to x64 Professional without losing the integrated updates. I am about start building a new pc with small SSD.

Thanks in advance.
'If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?' - Albert Einstein

scarface

Angelic

What about editing it like show on:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-select-any-edition-or-version-sku-of-windows-7-to-install-from-single-edition-dvd-disc-media-or-iso/

I tried deleting before on one of the earlier releases, but found I still had a lot of updates to download.
'If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?' - Albert Einstein

Angelic

Quote from: scarface on June 26, 2013, 01:28 PM
Delete ei.cfg

Thanks scarface for the assistance. I'll try that.

scarface

jk22

Is this image comes with All in One versions ?  :)