• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on March 13, 2024, 07:34 PMI did post it as public forum instead of PM/DM. Torrents are slow and throttled even with VPN in India.

Pardon my ignorance. Isn't the whole idea of a VPN to scramble data and make it difficult, if not impossible, for outsiders to know what data you're transferring? Or do we have a situation where the ISP's lack of bandwidth make it difficult to accomodate those who transfer lots of data (as in torrents) and purposely slow them down for that reason?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on March 15, 2024, 03:35 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on March 13, 2024, 07:34 PMI did post it as public forum instead of PM/DM. Torrents are slow and throttled even with VPN in India.

Pardon my ignorance. Isn't the whole idea of a VPN to scramble data and make it difficult, if not impossible, for outsiders to know what data you're transferring? Or do we have a situation where the ISP's lack of bandwidth make it difficult to accomodate those who transfer lots of data (as in torrents) and purposely slow them down for that reason?
We don't have a physical server in India due to new IT policies to share VPN data so most of them opted out and switched to diskless servers.

scarface

humbert

QuoteVasudev: We don't have a physical server in India due to new IT policies to share VPN data so most of them opted out and switched to diskless servers.

Who exactly shares your VPN data? Does that mean getting a VPN is India is basically a waste of money? Also, these diskless servers you mention: do they just link you to servers outside India where the files you want are located, or is there more to it than that?

QuoteScarface: Link: https://mega.nz/folder/hFMVTIBL#OP7Z1vb95a0AIFl5-_UctQ

Does Mega give you a hard time with these files like Vasudev said? Are your copies of Windows pre-activated or do you provide an activator or a link for one?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 23, 2024, 05:59 AMDoes Mega give you a hard time with these files like Vasudev said? Are your copies of Windows pre-activated or do you provide an activator or a link for one?
Mega never deleted any of my files stored on it. There is probably nothing amiss in the windows 11 iso.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 28, 2024, 01:16 PMMega never deleted any of my files stored on it. There is probably nothing amiss in the windows 11 iso.

By this do you mean there are no activators, or that the ISO is not pre-activated? To ask the question another way, if someone downloaded your ISO what do they do for activation?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on March 29, 2024, 06:47 AM
Quote from: scarface on March 28, 2024, 01:16 PMMega never deleted any of my files stored on it. There is probably nothing amiss in the windows 11 iso.

By this do you mean there are no activators, or that the ISO is not pre-activated? To ask the question another way, if someone downloaded your ISO what do they do for activation?
They will probably use KMS activators.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 03, 2024, 05:05 PMThey will probably use KMS activators.

Yeah. I was asking Scarface if he had put one in there. Even if he didn't there are so many activators out there it won't be much of a problem getting one. I firmly believe it's Micro$haft themselves who put them there. They want Windows on every computer. How it gets there doesn't matter.

scarface

Note that a new version will be released soon. It will include the latest April updates as well as updated programs and drivers. I don't know when it will be released since I have a new "business trip" soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItsDuq2iwg