• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

#540
Quote from: Vasudev on October 02, 2026, 10:11 PMI actually downgraded to 23H2 from 25H2 without data loss because of constant issues with updates breaking things or two. How's the 26H2 so far? I might do 23H2/26H2 custom ISO.

Actually, there is no difference between 24h2/25h2 and 26h2 since they have the same updates (the last cumulative update shows a version with the number "9457" for each version). However, there might a few features in those versions that were not available in the previous versions. Since they are all based on the same architecture (x64 for most processors), I assume that all the windows 11 versions are almost identical.
As a matter of fact, I'm still using Windows 23H2 on my computer. I didn't see any noticeable change between 23H2 and the subsequent versions in the Virtual machine that I use to create the isos available on the forum (For those who remember windows 95 and windows XP, there were noticeable changes).
Note that the version "26h2" uploaded on the forum was in fact the version 25h2, updated with the latest cumulative update and a small kb (roughly 100 kb...) to show 26H2. However, the next version will be based on the 26h2 version that was released a few days ago (in each version the file boot.wim seems to be updated too...).