Author Topic: Windows 11  (Read 6796 times)

January 12, 2022, 12:51 PM
Reply #60
  • Global Moderator
None of my family's laptops/desktops  works with win 11.
Though I have downloaded latest copy of W7 and W11 from scarface.

Not that you would actually want to use W11, but let me ask: these copies of W11 that didn't work - were they modified? In other words, were the secure boot and TPM requirements removed? I'm thinking these copies might run on older PC's. After all, the only real difference is removing these Micro$haft-imposed restrictions.
Its the CPU like I said. Being a intel skylake its EOL. Secure boot and TPM 2.0 is already working.

January 12, 2022, 08:37 PM
Reply #61
  • Global Moderator
Its the CPU like I said. Being a intel skylake its EOL. Secure boot and TPM 2.0 is already working.

So then this copy you tested was NOT modded to skip those Microsoft requirements? Basically what I'm asking is if a modded copy of Win11 (secure boot & TMP disabled) will work on a Skylake or older.

January 13, 2022, 12:41 PM
Reply #62
  • Global Moderator

So then this copy you tested was NOT modded to skip those Microsoft requirements? Basically what I'm asking is if a modded copy of Win11 (secure boot & TMP disabled) will work on a Skylake or older.
It will. Scarface's copy has these reqmts disabled.

January 15, 2022, 10:31 AM
Reply #63
  • Global Moderator
Note that windows 11 was updated in the previous message.