• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on February 28, 2023, 10:34 AMThank you, guys. Before getting out I'm planning change my workstation to laptop, that's why I'm asking. And because I'm Unity developer, I'm forcibly linked to Windows. In other case I'd prefer sort of Linux now.

I agree! If it were up to me all I'd use is Linux (Mint is my favorite distro). The problem is lack of support. Everything is written for Windows, so you're stuck. My favorite example is my Logitech gamers mouse. Logitech support ONLY Windows, meaning that in Linux I have no way to configure the buttons to my liking or create different profiles for different games. An good gamers mouse has the same functionality as a simple cheap 3-button mouse. Similarly, a while back a bought an awesome Brother color laser printer and scanner. If you have Windows or a Mac, you're OK. With Linux, forget it! No support.

And of course, stay away from W11 until they iron out all the bugs.

Vasudev

Will be uploading 22H2 versions of Windows 10 and 11 in few days hours.
Edit:I actually forgot I have a faster connection.
W10 ESD
W10 ESD hash SHA256
W11 ESD
W11 ESD hash SHA256

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on March 12, 2023, 08:35 PMWill be uploading 22H2 versions of Windows 10 and 11 in few days hours.
I guess those are the original versions?

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on March 14, 2023, 08:12 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on March 12, 2023, 08:35 PMWill be uploading 22H2 versions of Windows 10 and 11 in few days hours.
I guess those are the original versions?
My usual ISO after removing unwanted Appx and then converted to  ESD.

scarface

Note that new versions of windows 10 & 11 with the latest updates as well as new Nvidia drivers are available on the forum here:
https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 18, 2023, 09:53 PMNote that new versions of windows 10 & 11 with the latest updates as well as new Nvidia drivers are available on the forum here:

If you mount those ISO's on a virtual disk, do they come with a setup.exe program so you can overwrite and upgrade an existing installation? Or must you necessarily boot from a flashdrive?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on March 20, 2023, 04:52 AM
Quote from: scarface on March 18, 2023, 09:53 PMNote that new versions of windows 10 & 11 with the latest updates as well as new Nvidia drivers are available on the forum here:

If you mount those ISO's on a virtual disk, do they come with a setup.exe program so you can overwrite and upgrade an existing installation? Or must you necessarily boot from a flashdrive?
Same thing as usual. You mount and run setup.exe should do the migration to 22H2 version of Win11.

humbert

Scarface: I tried installing your copy of Windows 11 over mine and it said "Setup failed to validate the product key". My W11 copy is pre-activated and was downloaded from a torrent site. What do you think?

Vasudev: Many other copies of W10 and W11 don't have a setup.exe file when you mount them. Do you suppose booting from Ventoy and attempting an installation over the existing version would work?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 26, 2023, 05:24 AMScarface: I tried installing your copy of Windows 11 over mine and it said "Setup failed to validate the product key". My W11 copy is pre-activated and was downloaded from a torrent site. What do you think?
I've had no problem trying to install it over my current version. So I won't be able to tell you where this error message comes from.
Instead of attempting an installation over the existing version (which is useless since it seem you visibly have windows 11 already, I recommend formatting in order to achieve a clean installation.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 27, 2023, 04:30 AMI've had no problem trying to install it over my current version. So I won't be able to tell you where this error message comes from.
Instead of attempting an installation over the existing version (which is useless since it seem you visibly have windows 11 already, I recommend formatting in order to achieve a clean installation.

Are your copies of Win10 and Win11 pre-activated or unactivated ISO's from Micro$haft? For Win10 I used a strange activator I found on the torrents, and Win11 was pre-activated.

The problem with a clean install is having to spend days reinstalling and reconfiguring everything. Don't you hate that?