• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 26, 2024, 05:21 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on April 03, 2024, 05:05 PMThey will probably use KMS activators.

I've made 2 attempts to upgrade to 23H2, on one I even used an ISO directly from Micro$haft. The upgrade succeeded the it was essentially unusable. On Windows Explorer when you click the right mouse button it freezes. You also can't bring up the command prompt or powershell. Something's wrong somewhere.
Any incompatible hardware or drivers? Is secure boot enabled? If not enable secure boot and try the upgrade. Windows 11 is getting buggier than initial RTM version released last year. Brief stutters or slowdowns etc.
Try latest GPU drivers and see if it fixes the unresponsive explorer or maybe disable HAGS (Hardware Assisted Scheduling).

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 30, 2024, 09:00 PMAny incompatible hardware or drivers? Is secure boot enabled? If not enable secure boot and try the upgrade. Windows 11 is getting buggier than initial RTM version released last year. Brief stutters or slowdowns etc.
Try latest GPU drivers and see if it fixes the unresponsive explorer or maybe disable HAGS (Hardware Assisted Scheduling).

Don't you hate trial and error  :) ? The problem with this is the highly unusual symptoms. It boots with no issues. It's when you hit right click on Windows Explorer that everything freezes. When you try to get Powershell or the command prompt windows, nothing happens. About 60 seconds later it comes up.

You know what? 22H2 works OK. I think I'm going to stay on 22H2 until I upgrade my hardware. Maybe one of these days I'll go crazy and try to build myself a new PC. For this a clean install is the way to go.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on May 01, 2024, 04:27 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on April 30, 2024, 09:00 PMAny incompatible hardware or drivers? Is secure boot enabled? If not enable secure boot and try the upgrade. Windows 11 is getting buggier than initial RTM version released last year. Brief stutters or slowdowns etc.

Don't you hate trial and error  :) ? The problem with this is the highly unusual symptoms. It boots with no issues. It's when you hit right click on Windows Explorer that everything freezes. When you try to get Powershell or the command prompt windows, nothing happens. About 60 seconds later it comes up.

You know what? 22H2 works OK. I think I'm going to stay on 22H2 until I upgrade my hardware. Maybe one of these days I'll go crazy and try to build myself a new PC. For this a clean install is the way to go.
It could be due to some GPU driver. Faced them and after multiple Intel and nvidia driver retries I've settled on very old Intel iGPU driver that fixes from yours truly MS Update.

Vasudev

Released my final Win 7 SP2 Base and May 2024 ISOs with Ultimate Edition and it's not pre-activated! Linked Here

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on May 24, 2024, 12:01 AMReleased my final Win 7 SP2 Base and May 2024 ISOs with Ultimate Edition and it's not pre-activated! Linked Here

Who still uses Windows 7? I'd guess only someone with old hardware because it's financially impossible to upgrade.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on May 24, 2024, 04:45 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on May 24, 2024, 12:01 AMReleased my final Win 7 SP2 Base and May 2024 ISOs with Ultimate Edition and it's not pre-activated! Linked Here

Who still uses Windows 7? I'd guess only someone with old hardware because it's financially impossible to upgrade.

My grandpa who doesnt like change. :)