• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

WPA and WEP Key Generator for your Router

Started by akaubee, January 11, 2014, 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akaubee

This tool generate an encryption key that you can use to secure your Wireless network. generate the Encryption key, copy it and paste it into your wireless router's configuration panel. Restart your DSL modem/router.#

WPA: http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/WPA_key/generator.php
WEP: http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/WEP_key/generator.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check It: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/898c190a3a/Wireless_Key_Generator.exe

Screenshot:

humbert

Who still uses WEP or WPA? WPA2 has been the preferred method of encryption for a while now, using AES encryption.

I don't know what this link you posted is all about, but on my router (the one the cable company issued me) you can just generate a complex key yourself and type it in. In fact, every router I've had I always input the same key, only because I've got it memorized.

akaubee

Quote from: humbert on January 12, 2014, 05:10 AM
Who still uses WEP or WPA? WPA2 has been the preferred method of encryption for a while now, using AES encryption.

I don't know what this link you posted is all about, but on my router (the one the cable company issued me) you can just generate a complex key yourself and type it in. In fact, every router I've had I always input the same key, only because I've got it memorized.
I agree. When I was trying to type a key of my own but I saw that there are more characters than numbers. I don't like it at all.
I use WPA-PSK (TKIP) and I generated 63 Character ASCII

Shadow.97

MY NEIGHBOURS :D

Daniil

Quote from: Shadow.97 on January 13, 2014, 11:14 AM

MY NEIGHBOURS :D
Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!  ;D ;D ;D
Just for general education: Kali Linux,
Interesting way of usage of WPA/WEP with Kali

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on January 13, 2014, 12:17 PM
Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!  ;D ;D ;D
Just for general education: Kali Linux,
Interesting way of usage of WPA/WEP with Kali

What distro of Linux is Kali? I've never heard of it. In that link they're discussing cracking WPA keys with something called Crunch (I assume a Linux program). There's nothing for cracking WPA2, right?

Daniil

Kali (previous name "BackTrack") is a Linux for penetration testing, i.e., for checking computer systems security for holes, for example, in firewalls or routers. In fact it's Linux, equipped with different software for scanning ports and network packets, and so on. One of them is "Crunch", for example.

As about the incrackability of WPA2 - it's relative. AFAIK, in WPA2-PSK (not EAP) passwords never "cracking", because WiFi sending them with packets, as encrypted field. You just need to monitor this packets, and then, when you steal the encrypted string, decrypt it and get a password. So if the Wi-Fi owner set password less than 7-8 symbols, we can find it in minutes. If the password is bigger, we can use a dictonary attack, and find a password in 10-20 minutes.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on January 18, 2014, 11:30 AM
As about the incrackability of WPA2 - it's relative. AFAIK, in WPA2-PSK (not EAP) passwords never "cracking", because WiFi sending them with packets, as encrypted field. You just need to monitor this packets, and then, when you steal the encrypted string, decrypt it and get a password. So if the Wi-Fi owner set password less than 7-8 symbols, we can find it in minutes. If the password is bigger, we can use a dictonary attack, and find a password in 10-20 minutes.

Let me see if I understand you. You're saying WPA2 can be cracked, it's just not as easy as WPA or WEP? Another thing - even if you steal the encrypted string you must still resort to brute force to obtain the password if it's longer than 8 characters?

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on January 19, 2014, 01:01 AM
Let me see if I understand you. You're saying WPA2 can be cracked, it's just not as easy as WPA or WEP? Another thing - even if you steal the encrypted string you must still resort to brute force to obtain the password if it's longer than 8 characters?
Yes and partially yes. (in second statement we must use a brute force in any cases. The difference in decrypting a pass longer than 8 characters, is the algorythm which we are using for decrypting.)

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on January 23, 2014, 09:37 AM
Yes and partially yes. (in second statement we must use a brute force in any cases. The difference in decrypting a pass longer than 8 characters, is the algorythm which we are using for decrypting.)

Still, what the algorythm does is basically brute force, right? Do you use it only because it's more probable the numbers it guesses will be correct?