• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Most Europeans Download and Stream Pirated Movies

Started by cha, February 15, 2014, 05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cha

Nearly 70% of all Europeans download or stream films for free, a new study from the European Commission reveals. The high costs of legal alternatives such as movie tickets and DVDs are the main justification, with release lags and limited availability also among the top reasons.
BY ERNESTOON FEBRUARY 14, 2014

Why people pirate

Source
Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

humbert

Did you just discover the existence of the Pacific Ocean or what? This thing has been going on forever.

Most Europeans download pirated movies? Guess what? So do most Asians, most Africans, most inhabitants of the Western Hemisphere, most Aborigines, most Pacific islanders.... did I leave anybody out?

cha

Quote from: humbert on February 15, 2014, 06:03 AM
Did you just discover the existence of the Pacific Ocean or what? This thing has been going on forever.

Most Europeans download pirated movies? Guess what? So do most Asians, most Africans, most inhabitants of the Western Hemisphere, most Aborigines, most Pacific islanders.... did I leave anybody out?
No, just what I think, The fundamental question, why they were even possible to do it, perhaps our own,
what local governments are less aware or is there a gap that allows it piracy or as congenital attietude.

humbert

Quote from: cha on February 15, 2014, 08:17 AM
No, just what I think, The fundamental question, why they were even possible to do it, perhaps our own,
what local governments are less aware or is there a gap that allows it piracy or as congenital attietude.

They do it because the movie makers and all the others are greedy and want to charge ridiculous amounts of money for their stuff. Also, I strongly believe pirates HELP these peoplmore than hurts them. There wpuld be no "Windows everywhere" without us pirates. Microsoft knows this more than anybody.

cha

Quote from: humbert on February 17, 2014, 04:53 AM
Microsoft knows this more than anybody.
You're right, (no Windows everywhere) without us pirates Microsoft knows more than anybody, for us it doesn't matter, because we are considered as a victim.

humbert

"Victim" is simply a nice way of saying "pirate". It's what they use when you call and it doesn't work. Be that as it may, tell me if this makes sense: My copy of Windows 8.1 was activated for life by a Skype call to someplace in the UK. The US numbers didn't work, you had to go with UK and with a key from the Pirate Bay. Does this make sense? Are you going to tell me Microsoft doesn't know where this key came from?? Who are they trying to fool??

I am also firmly convinced those "leaks" of early versions of Windows are secretly leaked by Microsoft themselves. Since as far back as Windows 95 we pirates have had the official copy weeks before it went on sale? Coincidence? I don't think so.