• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

[Fixed] Messed up with dual boot!

Started by Shadow.97, April 02, 2014, 02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Okay, I messed a computer up quite badly^^'
It was running Windows XP. And I wanted Windows 7 installed on the side, so I shat down the computer, so I unplugged the XP harddrive, leaving a 250gb hdd in, installed windows 7 on it.
started windows 7 installed some programs. Shat down the computer, plugged in the windows XP harddrive, tried to boot windows xp, booting failed, unplugged windows 7, booting still failed. Any help appreciated.

The reason it will still need XP is that windows 7 does not work well with the network adapter, wifi finds only open networks and cannot connect properly. Also, the microphone does not work when plugged in.
(the OS's is on 2 different drives, both the same brand, and the same model)

Does anyone know a functioning drivers tool that detects drivers and installs them? Without containing bloatware or trash programs. It is quite hard to find legit drivers for not so popular components.

cha

I try to share my know-how, and please make  a brief note such as your MOBO
besause different MOBO have different Driver and different setting.
for example my MOBO asus and should be install Realtek Hd audio driver with specific setting with Mic/head set on it,
on what side Front or rear panel CPU...(I always plugged my headset and with small monitor active speaker Simbadda).
Me here dual boot with 2 Hard drive change by F8.. 1 Hdrive Win 7 Sp1 Pro x64, another Hdrive w XP x86 sp3 Maherz
Please specific your issue. to make clearly.

PS: For your illustration!
Verified Driver: http://goo.gl/lYgqsq
Uninstall driver link: http://goo.gl/YBIrCu
My driver Auto detect check and installed: http://goo.gl/LfN7gN
My screenshot w7 Mic audio/headset setting: http://goo.gl/CS4nom
Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

humbert

@Shadow -> What ancient hardware are you running that runs well only on XP and finding working drivers for Windows 7 and 8 is difficult. Why don't you just run out and buy a more modern one?

@Cha -> What are you doing running XP on a modern system such as yours? XP is for computers 10 years old or older. In fact, XP won't even run some of your hardware. My favorite example is USB 3.0

cha

Quote from: humbert on April 02, 2014, 04:54 AM
@Shadow -> What ancient hardware are you running that runs well only on XP and finding working drivers for Windows 7 and 8 is difficult. Why don't you just run out and buy a more modern one?

@Cha -> What are you doing running XP on a modern system such as yours? XP is for computers 10 years old or older. In fact, XP won't even run some of your hardware. My favorite example is USB 3.0
yep, uncle humbert you always come with a modern mindset, and i never dream to have usb 3.0 on Xp therefore i use W7 to got speed USB3.0, i want to have colection even XP, as we know just few days LEFT runs without update like driving car Without Airbags, Lights, and Seat Belts, not depend it's ancient, but depend on necessary, my installed os xP sp3,w7,w8.1 and want to learning linux..ubuntu LTS or direct install mint.
did you know on what windows version USB 3.0 will runs?. see you then, have a nice day.
Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 02, 2014, 04:54 AM

Not my pc.  Requested by a friend

humbert

@Shadow ->  aaahhh..... I knew you were way too smart to be running ancient hardware or software.  :)

@cha -> You gotta keep in mind computing progresses at the speed of light, which is why we all must be constantly modernizing as much as our pocketbooks will allow. This is very different from [for example] having a car - a 50 year-old car will take you from point A to point B just like one made yesterday.

As for USB 3.0, to my knowledge the first Windows to support it out of the box was Windows 8. I remember I had W7 on and old system and installed a USB 3.0 add-on card. It worked but with a driver. It's my understanding there are some XP chipset drivers that support 3.0, what I do know is that if I want to book Hiren's Mini-XP from a flashdrive, I must use 2.0 - it will not boot from 3.0 and, once booted from 2.0, it does not see drives connected to the 3.0 slots.

Hey cha -> is your avatar also a picture of you?

Shadow.97

Problems fixed. Thanks everyone. He told me over skype that he had managed to fix this on his own.