• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 15, 2023, 05:10 AMThat last image. It appears to be a sweet roll of some sort. Are those black things raisins?

The chocolate Yule log. It looks like a cake. Did you cook it yourself or did you buy it at a bakery? Certainly looks delicious. Assuming it's all for you it'll take a week to eat it all.

What exactly are morels?

Those green things on the right? Are they green beans? According to Google the French translation is "haricots", although I'm not sure this is accurate.
In the last picture, it's not a "sweet roll", it's the roast pork (the one in the first picture), which is cooked. Actually, in the first picture, the black things are pieces of morels (a morel is a mushroom). You can't see the morels in the last picture because they are under the roast pork.
This "rôti fourré aux morilles" was bought in a bakery.
As for the green stuff, they are green beans indeed. The translation for this is haricot in French, simply pronounced "arico"

morel-mushrooms:

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to show you another dish.
As you can see, tonight's dinner is particularly refined. The pleasure associated with this delicious experience is sophisticated: it starts with the eyes and continues with the nose (because the cheese  has a strong smell while the pic Saint-loup is a tenaciously coloured wine, with black fruit scents of plum and blackcurrant) and then the palate (this wine now has ample liquorice and root-spice flavours lent contour and definition by finely stitched acidity and soft tannins).

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 15, 2023, 08:07 PMThis "rôti fourré aux morilles" was bought in a bakery.

I'm assuming this is the yule chocolate cake (or whatever). How long does it take you to eat it? It would probably last me a week. I'd cut about 1/7 of it for dessert every night.

Does it taste like chocolate cake or are there other ingredients in it?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 17, 2023, 06:40 AM
Quote from: scarface on December 15, 2023, 08:07 PMThis "rôti fourré aux morilles" was bought in a bakery.

I'm assuming this is the yule chocolate cake (or whatever). How long does it take you to eat it? It would probably last me a week. I'd cut about 1/7 of it for dessert every night.

Does it taste like chocolate cake or are there other ingredients in it?
The "rôti fourré aux morilles" is the roast pork. Actually that was a typo, I bought it in a butchery and not a bakery. As for the chocolate cake, it's just a picture I added to show its resemblance to the roast pork. It seems the roast pork looks like the cake indeed since you asked if it was a sweet roll in the last photo.

scarface

Today, I'm going to present a good dessert.

Look at the photo below.

Here, you can see a goat cheese, with a baguette.
This goat cheese has a strong smell, I don't know if Vasudev, Guliver or usmangujjar could bear it.
I'm also wondering if humbert has a habit of eating this kind of cheese in his far-off country.

But the cheese connoisseurs of the forum know that: the more stinky the cheese, the better its taste.
However, If along with foul smells you notice mold growth, and changes in texture or color, it's a sign that the cheese has spoilt.

In the picture below you can see a goat.

You are certainly wondering what gives goat's milk cheese that distinctive goaty-ness in flavor and aroma? Actually, This tangy, barnyard flavor comes from the fatty acid composition of goat's milk.

scarface

I wish a happy new year to the users of the forum. Let's hope it will be easier than 2023.

Tonight, I took a photo of a starter: some cereal bread and a saucisson.
I don't know if the butler of Vasudev or humbert is serving their guests such a dish. They would certainly appreciate it.

In French it's an "entrée", the first dish. However saucisson is mainly served during the aperitif (without bread) in France, with a glass of Pastis, or with a Martini Rosso.
Note that in English, the entrée is the main dish.

scarface

Today, I'm going to present another saucisson.

As you can see on the photo above, when there is good mood at home, there is a saucisson in the plate. This one is a bit special, it's a mixture of pork meat and wild boar meat. This saucisson is hard and mature: there is no doubt, It's a good saucisson.
A pork saucisson is usually fat and you smell the wild side of the pig but also perceive the weakness of the beast and the fattiness of the meat. Here, there is a gamy aftertaste: a stronger, wilder flavor. The wild boar is often stronger than the pig, and the protein leaner in fat.
There is a very distinct, almost metallic flavor in game that can be the result of a higher iron content. Anything that is wild and not farm-raised is going to have a more active lifestyle, with a more active heart rate.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present a new dish.
Look carefully at the photos below.

You can see some snails. Humbert and Maher may have never eaten this. And yet, they are delicious. Chances are their guests wouldn't be disappointed, should they prepare such a dish.

How to cook them? You have to Preheat oven to 200°Celcius. Pipe garlic, parsley, shallot and butter to fill shell and mound over top. Bake until snails are sizzling, for 10 minutes.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on April 08, 2024, 09:34 PMYou can see some snails. Humbert and Maher may have never eaten this. And yet, they are delicious. Chances are their guests wouldn't be disappointed, should they prepare such a dish.

Don't they call this "escargot" over there? Do you have to crack open the shells or do you eat them too? Once I was invited to dinner. I arrived early and nobody was there. There were some shrimp on the table. I decided to eat one or two to taste them. Later when people arrived I noticed the meat had to be removed from the exoskeleton with a small fork. I ate the whole shrimp, exoskeleton and all. How is it with those snails?

Also, there are probably thousands of species of snails on this planet. Which is this one?