• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

World Cup 2014

Started by humbert, June 13, 2014, 05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Yes, but in the Olympics there's a bronze medal for 3rd place and, as you correctly state, just about any medal is good for a country that just started. Even for the USA a bronze is better than nothing.

Is there any kind of trophy or award for 3rd place in the World Cup? Or is it just one more way FIFA makes money?

humbert

Quote from: Fuj on July 12, 2014, 04:00 AM
Yes, there are bronze medals for 3rd place; that's what Croatia won on 1998 Cup in France.

I had no idea. Thanks for telling me. I assumed you were referring to the Olympics.

Does the World Cup also use the Gold, Silver & Bronze setup as in the Olympics?

humbert

Quote from: Fuj on July 12, 2014, 04:07 AM
Yep, there are gold, silver and bronze medals. Only one trophy, though.

I remembered you today (12/7/2014)  ;). I waited around to see the Dutch team receive their bronze medals. I'm sure this was done in the last world cup, but don't know why I didn't remember.

Brazil again got killed! It hard to believe they have the distinction of being the team that gave up the most goals in this world cup. Something is seriously wrong with that team. Even with 2 superstars out of action, any championship team would have a good enough bench to continue playing well - not as good as with their stars, but certainly not bad enough to be annihilated.