• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Defraggler v2.18.945 (16 Apr 2014) - File and Disk Deragmentation

Started by akaubee, June 20, 2014, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akaubee

About Defraggler

Defraggler is a tool that will show you all your fragmented files.
You can click one square on the grid to see where the file on the
disk is located whether it is Free space, Not fragmented, or fragment...
This can be useful to improve performance of System Rating (only for Disk Transfer Rate).
Piriform Defraggler is free, fast, and require less memory on your PC.

- Added Disk Performance graphs to Statistics tab.
- Added Quick Optimize for SSD.
- Added ability to view information for different drives when an operation is in progress.
- Improved Health tab loading speed.
- Added new scriptable /UPDATE parameter for background updates. (Defraggler Professional only).
- Improved detection of files without extensions in File list tab.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.

To view some version changes, click here

Click Here to download now

Click Here to view key

Improtant: Like the software and buy it

humbert

akaubee -> by posting this I'm under the impression you're either very misinformed or still living in the 20th century.

Back in those days when we ran FAT16 or FAT32, defragging your HD was a great idea which would clearly improve your speed. Today with NTFS and SATA3 drives, defragging is far less necessary that it used to be and will not produce that great an improvement in your speed. In fact, automatic defragging with Windows' internal automatic defragger as infrequently as 6 months will get you by perfectly. Oh, and remember SSD's are becoming more and more ubiquitious every day. Never defrag an SSD, use W7 or W8's internal trim command about once a week automatically.

humbert

akaubee -> Even with an SSD, Defraggler is unnecessary if you're running W7 and especially W8 and W8.1 - these OS's know all about trimming SSD's and do it automatically. If you're still on XP with an SSD then you do need an external program to do this - XP is too primitive and doesn't know anything about SSD's. It goes without saying if you can afford an SSD plus a compatible system and are still using XP, there's something wrong with you.

akaubee

Windows disk defrag defragments but doesn't arrange and optimize files but defraggler do it. On my intel 60gb SSD, windows disk defrag discovered only 3% fragments whereas defraggler 8%. My PC is more faster.

I benchmarked my drrive

after Windows disk Defrag

read: 75.5 MB/s
write: 48.2 MB/s

after Defraggler

read: 98.7 MB/s
write: 62.8 MB/s

I have 5GB Free space (53.2gb out of 58.5gb)
When my SSD is empty the read is 275 MB/s and write is 244 MB/s
Tool used to benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark

humbert

akaubee -> as I see it, the only way you could have these benchmarks is if you're still on FAT32. It's next to impossible having 8% fragmentation with NTFS. Don't tell me you're still on FAT32, that's as old as the horse and buggy.

Also - the fragmentation problems you encountered on HDD's don't happen on SSD's. HDD's use a magnetic needle to magnetize and demagnetize tiny parts of a spinning platter. SSD's have no moving parts and read/write in parallel, not in serial as the HDD's do. The "optimization" SSD's need is in no way related to defragmentation. What happens is that when you delete a file on an HDD, it doesn't go away - the OS simply marks that area as available for overwriting. With an SSD you can't do this - you have to go in and erase the data on that NAND chip before you re-use it. This is optimization.

Also, even though SSD's are overprovisioned, it's never a good idea to have an SSD almost full. More optimization cycles are required to delete old data. Incidentally, where did you get a 60 GB SSD? To my knowledge nobody even makes that any more.

akaubee

Quote from: humbert on June 25, 2014, 02:19 AM
akaubee -> as I see it, the only way you could have these benchmarks is if you're still on FAT32. It's next to impossible having 8% fragmentation with NTFS. Don't tell me you're still on FAT32, that's as old as the horse and buggy.

Also - the fragmentation problems you encountered on HDD's don't happen on SSD's. HDD's use a magnetic needle to magnetize and demagnetize tiny parts of a spinning platter. SSD's have no moving parts and read/write in parallel, not in serial as the HDD's do. The "optimization" SSD's need is in no way related to defragmentation. What happens is that when you delete a file on an HDD, it doesn't go away - the OS simply marks that area as available for overwriting. With an SSD you can't do this - you have to go in and erase the data on that NAND chip before you re-use it. This is optimization.

Also, even though SSD's are overprovisioned, it's never a good idea to have an SSD almost full. More optimization cycles are required to delete old data. Incidentally, where did you get a 60 GB SSD? To my knowledge nobody even makes that any more.
I use NTFS not FAT32. I know, after fragmentation there are few fragments that cannot be defragmented. I checked my ssd for major problems but it is perfect.
CLick here to see INtel 60GB SSD. I installed it on my pc with the SSD 3.5-inch Tray Mount Adapter Kit. Don't tell me how did I install the SSD.

iih

eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

akaubee

Quote from: usmangujjar on June 25, 2014, 04:09 PM
nice program for SATA and IDEs, but it takes much time
Yep, it takes much time. It took 2 Hours to defrag on my HDD

akaubee

Quote from: iih on June 26, 2014, 06:37 AM
some fixed on this version.
Yes. It is shown in every softwares compared to their older version after update. Even in newer version of windows but it doesn't show some fixes. like Windows 8 crash very often whereas Windows 8.1 crash less.

akaubee

Quote from: usmangujjar on June 26, 2014, 09:16 AM
i faced several times windows 8 crash, i turned off pc directly from power plug, win8 crashed, and started repairs, it takes much time and than tells it can not be repaired.
while XP never crashed with power failure, Windows 7 is more better for me.
Never Turn Off your PC Directly! I wanted to know what happened while turning off. My hdd crashed. I know you cannot shut down but If the error continues in windows 8, never install it on your PC. I have windows 7 on my laptop and I love Windows 7 appearance and performance. Till now, my windows 7 never crash. Windows 8 works well in my gigabyte dual BIOS (It run on secureboot, not on legacy boot). Last Year I installed AVG Internet Security 2013, While rebooting, I got a blue screen. Error: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys. I have never get this error installing AVG in Windows 7 gigabyte. I use WIndows 8.1 Update 1 now on my gigabyte but I use Windows 7 the most on Samsung.

I have these programs in windows 7

Microsoft Office 2010
Avast Free Antivirus
WInrar Free
Tune-Up Utilities 2014
Samsung SOftware Manager
MalwareBytes Free
Google chrome
Mozilla Firefox 30
Samsung support center
Samsung Easy Settings
Samsung Recovery solution