• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

[Solved]realtek audio driver install issue Windows 10

Started by akaubee, July 20, 2016, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on September 16, 2016, 07:06 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 15, 2016, 12:27 AM

I figured you'd like the Bash shell. I'm under the assumption it'll work with just about any Linux command normally used in the terminal window. I've been playing around with it but haven't used it to its full potential, mainly because I have a hard time memorizing those arcane commands, let alone the infinite number of switches. Can you suggest anything useful?

I'm surprised you can't get anything but Edge to be your default browser. Mine if Firefox, and I can set the default to any browser I want. Just hit Winkey-I -> System -> Default Apps and pick your poison.
When i go to the menu to change default program for the browser, there is a "+" like nothing is selected. When I select firefox, nothing happens. Doesnt matter what I select, nothing happens..

About the bash shell, it does have some limitations because it doesnt mount the drives with native "linux paths". But you'll get used.
Personally I havnt used any guide to learn anything in bash. I just know how it works kinda. A friend and I used to play around with linux and talk about it in school. It just feels quite logical. I googled some commands to find out what they are. "If a person built it, a person can disassemble it, and use the parts". Thats basically my method of learning bash. I'm in no way a pro in it though.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 20, 2016, 03:20 AM
When i go to the menu to change default program for the browser, there is a "+" like nothing is selected. When I select firefox, nothing happens. Doesnt matter what I select, nothing happens..

Go to Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Set Default Programs then select your browser on the list from the left and click where it says "Set This Program as Default". You can also open Firefox Options -> General and make Firefox the default. If you're not a FF user I guess the same logic applies for other browsers. I have never had a situation where Edge or anything else open when I click on any link.

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 20, 2016, 03:20 AM
About the bash shell, it does have some limitations because it doesnt mount the drives with native "linux paths". But you'll get used.
Personally I havnt used any guide to learn anything in bash. I just know how it works kinda. A friend and I used to play around with linux and talk about it in school. It just feels quite logical. I googled some commands to find out what they are. "If a person built it, a person can disassemble it, and use the parts". Thats basically my method of learning bash. I'm in no way a pro in it though.

When you open Bash it defaults to your home directory. Type cd / it takes you to root, and there you'll see the Linux-type file system with all the files (ls -la). You can see the same files in Windows. They're at %USERPROFILE%\appdata\Local\lxss\rootfs. You can mount drive C (or any other) by typing cd /mnt/c -> Drive C is simply a subdirectory of mnt, as are any other partitions where a drive letter is assigned.