• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Windows 10 will be released in late 2015 so I decided to create topic on Windows 10 as majority of users will be switching to new OS from 8.x. :)

Vasudev

gujjar-> If  you're able to install win 7 or win 8  then you're good to go. I guess 2gb ram isn't enough.

Daniil

Maybe on winter holidays I'll format my test machine and install Win10 there. :)
I thought, Intel Pentium D 945 with 4 gigs of RAM and NVidia GF 210 would be enough for it.

Daniil

Of course I will, comrade! :)

humbert

I haven't tested the OS myself, but from what I've been reading in magazines, the testers love it. Still, it's a bit too early to jump on the W10 bandwagon, let's wait a few more months.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on December 23, 2014, 08:39 AM
Maybe on winter holidays I'll format my test machine and install Win10 there. :)
I thought, Intel Pentium D 945 with 4 gigs of RAM and NVidia GF 210 would be enough for it.

I believe you said once that you managed to get your system running with 2 NVidia cards using SLI. Please tell me this:

1) To get the cards to run that way, is it a simple matter of connecting the SLI bridge, or is there more to it than that?

2) I know both cards must be NVidia, but do they have to be the same model? For example, can you pair 1 GTX-760 with a GTX-660, or must they both be the same?

3) If all you have is 1 monitor, do you just connect it to either card or what?

I ask because I'm thinking of adding another card and run it in SLI with my current GTX-660

xiaofei12

i am not FIFA Coins able to install Windows 8.1, but some days ago i tested the technical preview of Windows 10, it does'nt fit to my super old PC. but i hope it will be more better than any previous version.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 23, 2014, 09:46 PM
Quote from: Daniil on December 23, 2014, 08:39 AM

I believe you said once that you managed to get your system running with 2 NVidia cards using SLI. Please tell me this:

1) To get the cards to run that way, is it a simple matter of connecting the SLI bridge, or is there more to it than that?

2) I know both cards must be NVidia, but do they have to be the same model? For example, can you pair 1 GTX-760 with a GTX-660, or must they both be the same?

3) If all you have is 1 monitor, do you just connect it to either card or what?

I ask because I'm thinking of adding another card and run it in SLI with my current GTX-660
By pairing gtx 760 with 660, 760 will be forced to run at speeds of 660 which defeats ur overall  purpose of buying a new gpu.
Try pairing your monster cpu with another monster gpu probably r9 390x which will be arriving in Q1'15.
you could buy r9 285 or r9 290x, both come with bridge-less crossfire capability,mantle and many more.

Vasudev

Merry Christmas everyone  :)

Daniil

Quote from: Vasudev on December 24, 2014, 04:39 PM
By pairing gtx 760 with 660, 760 will be forced to run at speeds of 660 which defeats ur overall  purpose of buying a new gpu.
Try pairing your monster cpu with another monster gpu probably r9 390x which will be arriving in Q1'15.
you could buy r9 285 or r9 290x, both come with bridge-less crossfire capability,mantle and many more.
You're wrong, comrade. 760 + 660 will not work at true SLI. Also, SLI can work without SLI bridge.
I'm working hard now, later I'll add a complex manual about SLI.

Merry Christmas, кomяades!