• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lite

I hate official downloader for this Windows.
If anyone uploaded their ISOs, please give here links. Thanks

Vasudev

Look for torrents. There are tons of links.

humbert

Quote from: lite on August 02, 2015, 03:39 PM

I agree with Vasudev. Windows 10 is everywhere. If you don't like the idea of getting it through Windows Update then either check the torrents or the link I posted, i.e forums.mydigitallife.com - Windows 10 section. There is no need to keep posting strange links. I deleted one of your topics because it linked to a bizarre download site that requires a strange downloader - at least that's what happened when I tested it.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 03, 2015, 08:38 PM
Quote from: lite on August 02, 2015, 03:39 PM

I agree with Vasudev. Windows 10 is everywhere. If you don't like the idea of getting it through Windows Update then either check the torrents or the link I posted, i.e forums.mydigitallife.com - Windows 10 section. There is no need to keep posting strange links. I deleted one of your topics because it linked to a bizarre download site that requires a strange downloader - at least that's what happened when I tested it.
One update on WIn 10: You must perform in-place upgrade from Win 7/8.1 to win 10 first to preserve the product key of win 7/8.1 to be converted to Win 10, after successful upgrade the key is placed to Onedrive and then you can perform a clean install of the same.

lite

Quote from: Vasudev on August 03, 2015, 09:31 PM
One update on WIn 10: You must perform in-place upgrade from Win 7/8.1 to win 10 first to preserve the product key of win 7/8.1 to be converted to Win 10, after successful upgrade the key is placed to Onedrive and then you can perform a clean install of the same.
On the Installed Windows 7/8.1, mount the Windows 10 iso and start installing, after this what the next procedure? Please explain with more simplicity, I am confused. Now downloading the Windows 10 iso.
Also tell me that this method will work on pirated copies of Windows 7?

Vasudev

Quote from: Fuj on August 04, 2015, 05:03 AM
You Win10 users should be aware that MS is by default collecting your personal data. Read this:
http://boingboing.net/2015/08/03/windows-10-defaults-to-keylogg.html
Follow the link at the end of the article to learn how to disable it all.
I would like to add that you should probably start being extra careful when installing updates; don't install them automatically without knowing what they're for.
Google been doing the same for years, though. Win 7 suits me.

lite

Google, FaceBook, Microsoft, AV programs' companies, Mac, everyone is spying. All these collecting data.
Some of these are using this specially for targeted ads, and some others reasons behind monitoring their users.
If we use mobile phones, mac and computers, there is no way to avoid from their spying.
But there are some ways to less the chances.
Still someone is too worried, he should disconnect the internet and shutdown the computer...)

Vasudev

Quote from: Fuj on August 04, 2015, 01:52 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 04, 2015, 12:31 PM
Google been doing the same for years, though.
...which is why Google is under constant criticism and why I would never use their browser even if I liked it and why we're using tracking protection. Now MS took it a step further, trying to profile all your activity, not just online. Not a huge surprise really, this is basically what I expected when I heard "Windows" and "free upgrade" in the same sentence. Sure you can opt-out but only a relatively small percentage of users will do that, as I argued in tracking protection thread the other day. Plus there's little doubt there will be hidden backdoors for use by government spy agencies, with whom MS is closely cooperating (example: Skype). Plus enforcing your privacy will likely get you flagged as suspicious (like NSA is retaining collected data on all who used Tor).
Win 7 suits me.
It will be remembered as the last 'normal' Windows. Sadly, we only get to use it for a few more years before we're inevitably forced to move on. After that it's Linux for me.
@Fuj: Do you use an android phone or others?

humbert

@Vasu - Regarding the installation of W10, the ISO simply installed it over W8.1 with no problems. There is no saving the activation to Onedrive, in fact I have nothing on Onedrive.

Any time I install anything the first thing I do is go to the settings and disable anything that smells like tracking, ads or anything similar. I was no different for W10. Also, the sad truth is that true privacy is a thing of the past. The most we can do is put a dent in it by disabling whatever they allow us to disable and using anti-tracking addons, private browsing and Ccleaner to wipe your tracks. True privacy will never return so stop daydreaming.

@lite - Simply mount the ISO, click setup.exe and just sit back. This is what I did and it worked great. Also, the only difference between a "pirated" copy of Windows and a "non-pirated" one is whether or not you paid for it. If you didn't you have a pirated copy no matter where you go it. Naturally if it came preloaded on a laptop it's a legal copy also since its price was included in the laptop purchase.

@Fuj - there are many other Chromium browsers you can use that have nothing to do with Google. Also, if you have no cell phone then how do you communicate? Do you at least have a land line? And finally, I too prefer a distro Linux instead of Windows. The problem is lack of support. I've mentioned examples of why for me a transition is just not possible.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 04, 2015, 09:32 PM
@Vasu - Regarding the installation of W10, the ISO simply installed it over W8.1 with no problems. There is no saving the activation to Onedrive, in fact I have nothing on Onedrive.

@lite - Simply mount the ISO, click setup.exe and just sit back. This is what I did and it worked great. Also, the only difference between a "pirated" copy of Windows and a "non-pirated" one is whether or not you paid for it. If you didn't you have a pirated copy no matter where you go it. Naturally if it came preloaded on a laptop it's a legal copy also since its price was included in the laptop purchase.

@humb: You can't see the license file unless you've coded yourself as one of Win 10 developers. In fact, its hidden. I think it'll stored on ODrive under User Accounts & settings.
But, I've disabled all tracking through custom settings while installing on a VM. I'm impressed with win 10, but I think its win 98 in disguise with under the hood performance improvements.
I hope MS Toolkit 2.5.3 activates my Win 10.
I think settings app should be removed from Win 10 while installing on desktop or laptops. Settings App is best for smartphone & tablets. I'll post some pics of Win 10 in Win 10 thread.