• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 21, 2015, 06:36 AM
@Shadow - for Windows 8 and higher, simply type Win-X and in the menu you'll see Command Prompt, Device Manager and plenty more. I don't see why you'd need search. Sadly MS had it right with the Windows 8 start menu - all you did was type and the program would come up. Now they tried to mix it together with a Bing search and formed a disaster, leaving us with no alternative but to disable search.

@Vasu - you who love acronyms - is MSO Microsoft Office2010? I only tested 2013 so far, but I see no reason 2010 won't work.
Last time you told me that MSO 2013 felt more cloudy & you opted for 2010, what made you switch? One thing I noticed with MS search is that search service must be atleast running at manual instead of disabling. In win 10, MS search no longer appears on Windows Features. Its because you upgraded your 8.1 to 10 and probably some of the older packages are being retained even after installation of windows 10. Which activators is foolproof for activating Win 8.1?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 25, 2015, 10:22 PM
Last time you told me that MSO 2013 felt more cloudy & you opted for 2010, what made you switch? One thing I noticed with MS search is that search service must be atleast running at manual instead of disabling. In win 10, MS search no longer appears on Windows Features. Its because you upgraded your 8.1 to 10 and probably some of the older packages are being retained even after installation of windows 10. Which activators is foolproof for activating Win 8.1?

I was testing MSO 2013 on my system but then I had to do a full restore and didn't put it back. It is more cloudy but fortunately it doesn't force you to use the cloud. What's worse is these online versions of Office and everything else. They love to track you.

You can search Windows 10 by typing Winkey-Q. It can be configured to search the internet through Bing, just locally or both. You can also not include Cortana if you prefer. In fact, a lot of these new "features" you don't use can be turned off through the group policy editor, if not uninstalled.

Regarding Windows 8.1, last I checked the truly foolproof activator was that scheme of getting one of those strange MAK keys and activating through the UK server through Skype. I believed I explained that once.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 26, 2015, 12:24 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 25, 2015, 10:22 PM

I was testing MSO 2013 on my system but then I had to do a full restore and didn't put it back. It is more cloudy but fortunately it doesn't force you to use the cloud. What's worse is these online versions of Office and everything else. They love to track you.

You can search Windows 10 by typing Winkey-Q. It can be configured to search the internet through Bing, just locally or both. You can also not include Cortana if you prefer. In fact, a lot of these new "features" you don't use can be turned off through the group policy editor, if not uninstalled.

Regarding Windows 8.1, last I checked the truly foolproof activator was that scheme of getting one of those strange MAK keys and activating through the UK server through Skype. I believed I explained that once.
Sorry activators for win 10, couldn't find any foolproof ones.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 26, 2015, 06:08 PM

Remember that for us pirates there is no such thing as "foolproof". That's why we don't pay.

What exactly did you do? Did you test one of the many activators on TPB? Did you look for a phone activation MAK key on Pastebin? I'm assuming this is a new installation because I believe you still have another 11 months to upgrade a working Windows 7 or 8.1 machine.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 28, 2015, 02:00 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 26, 2015, 06:08 PM

Remember that for us pirates there is no such thing as "foolproof". That's why we don't pay.

What exactly did you do? Did you test one of the many activators on TPB? Did you look for a phone activation MAK key on Pastebin? I'm assuming this is a new installation because I believe you still have another 11 months to upgrade a working Windows 7 or 8.1 machine.
But, W7 itself is pirated one. But I suspect something fishy with MS's intentions. What if?, They're trying to get rid of all pirated copies by looking at Machine signatures and locking out our chances of getting back to w7/w8.1. I think NSA took over MS and transform into MSA. 

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 28, 2015, 11:33 AM
But, W7 itself is pirated one. But I suspect something fishy with MS's intentions. What if?, They're trying to get rid of all pirated copies by looking at Machine signatures and locking out our chances of getting back to w7/w8.1. I think NSA took over MS and transform into MSA.

Your assumptions are totally wrong. Consider this:

1) I've explained several times how MS has historically used pirates to advance its agenda. "Windows Everywhere" without piracy is impossible. They always create a situation where they purposely leave the door open just a little bit so pirates can get their copies and spread them around.

2) When it comes to the NSA, you've been paying too much attention to the news media. The NSA knows all about piracy, torrent sites, cracks etc. -- and much more than we do. They don't care if somebody's "stealing" from MS or the MPAA -- that's not their problem. They chase down people who do real harm, such as terrorists.

3) You can rest assured that this "machine signature" thing will be defeated the very day it comes out, and the big companies know it. That's one reason you're not seeing it anywhere.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 29, 2015, 03:35 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 28, 2015, 11:33 AM

Your assumptions are totally wrong. Consider this:

1) I've explained several times how MS has historically used pirates to advance its agenda. "Windows Everywhere" without piracy is impossible. They always create a situation where they purposely leave the door open just a little bit so pirates can get their copies and spread them around.

2) When it comes to the NSA, you've been paying too much attention to the news media. The NSA knows all about piracy, torrent sites, cracks etc. -- and much more than we do. They don't care if somebody's "stealing" from MS or the MPAA -- that's not their problem. They chase down people who do real harm, such as terrorists.

3) You can rest assured that this "machine signature" thing will be defeated the very day it comes out, and the big companies know it. That's one reason you're not seeing it anywhere.
The first 2 points are correct and we've been discussing this matter related to piracy & pirate which I understood, but my point is, Will MS turn over new leaf to kill pirates & stop privacy one step at a time. Machine sign could be defeated by using CSM in UEFI.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 29, 2015, 06:35 PM
The first 2 points are correct and we've been discussing this matter related to piracy & pirate which I understood, but my point is, Will MS turn over new leaf to kill pirates & stop privacy one step at a time. Machine sign could be defeated by using CSM in UEFI.

MS will never kill piracy. They depend on it to spread Windows around, using nerds like ourselves to do the dirty work for them. Their anti-piracy schemes are designed to stop regular people who don't know what an OS is. And of course companies always pay.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 31, 2015, 04:06 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 29, 2015, 06:35 PM

MS will never kill piracy. They depend on it to spread Windows around, using nerds like ourselves to do the dirty work for them. Their anti-piracy schemes are designed to stop regular people who don't know what an OS is. And of course companies always pay.
Companies?? you mean, organization who pays MS to run their OS & services.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on August 31, 2015, 09:57 AM
Companies?? you mean, organization who pays MS to run their OS & services.

I refer to any medium to large company that uses Windows for its business (e.g. 10 workers or more). It's easier to catch and go after them because all companies have to be public, otherwise they would not be in business. They prefer to pay and be safe anyway.

Today on Betanews it said that MS put out a press release that Windows 10 was already powering 75 million computers. Notice here it's not what they're saying, it's what they're not saying. There is no mention of how many licenses they've sold or anything that even comes close. it's not hard for them to check their accounting department to see if that many people paid for W10 or an earlier version that qualified them for a legal upgrade.