• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Support

Started by Vasudev, December 13, 2014, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 01, 2015, 02:56 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 31, 2015, 09:57 AM
Companies?? you mean, organization who pays MS to run their OS & services.

I refer to any medium to large company that uses Windows for its business (e.g. 10 workers or more). It's easier to catch and go after them because all companies have to be public, otherwise they would not be in business. They prefer to pay and be safe anyway.

Today on Betanews it said that MS put out a press release that Windows 10 was already powering 75 million computers. Notice here it's not what they're saying, it's what they're not saying. There is no mention of how many licenses they've sold or anything that even comes close. it's not hard for them to check their accounting department to see if that many people paid for W10 or an earlier version that qualified them for a legal upgrade.
So, they want a big chunk of market share?
My dad told me, a private bank spends Rs.10 lacs per annum just for AV and you can just assume what windows costs would be.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on September 01, 2015, 04:56 PM
My dad told me, a private bank spends Rs.10 lacs per annum just for AV and you can just assume what windows costs would be.

10â,¹ per annum per computer is not very much. And yes, MS made its fortune on market share and they did it because of piracy. Compare this with Apple. They had a much superior system but Steve Jobs was vehemently against the notion of anyone getting the MacOS for free. That's how MS won out.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 03, 2015, 06:06 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on September 01, 2015, 04:56 PM

10â,¹ per annum per computer is not very much. And yes, MS made its fortune on market share and they did it because of piracy. Compare this with Apple. They had a much superior system but Steve Jobs was vehemently against the notion of anyone getting the MacOS for free. That's how MS won out.
Rs.10 Lakhs=$15000.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on September 05, 2015, 05:30 PM
Rs.10 Lakhs=$15000.

Wiki defines a "lakh" as a unit of the Indian numbering system equal to 105 (100,000). Therefore, 10 lakh should be â,¹1,000,000 (one million rupees). At today's exchange rate (6/9/2015) this comes to UD$14,995.56

Assuming the math is correct, then how much money per computer per year do Indian companies pay for their AV? Which do they use and is there no other alternative?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 07, 2015, 03:31 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on September 05, 2015, 05:30 PM
Rs.10 Lakhs=$15000.

Wiki defines a "lakh" as a unit of the Indian numbering system equal to 105 (100,000). Therefore, 10 lakh should be â,¹1,000,000 (one million rupees). At today's exchange rate (6/9/2015) this comes to UD$14,995.56

Assuming the math is correct, then how much money per computer per year do Indian companies pay for their AV? Which do they use and is there no other alternative?
Banks rely on windows too much and so far, there's no alternative but in distant future open source softwares would takeover, I suppose.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on September 07, 2015, 07:48 PM
Banks rely on windows too much and so far, there's no alternative but in distant future open source softwares would takeover, I suppose.

That may be so but you didn't answer my question. How many Rupees do banks pay per computer per year? What AV company reaps the benefits?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 09, 2015, 06:43 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on September 07, 2015, 07:48 PM

That may be so but you didn't answer my question. How many Rupees do banks pay per computer per year? What AV company reaps the benefits?
Honestly i don't know, my last visit to bank where I saw the PCs were same as mine (yes 6 y.o) and OS was w7 x32(I suppose) and employees were complaining that network is slow and are causing lot of delays during transaction and I spoke to myself saying "Run CCleaner or Just Dump your old HW and embrace the power of Devil Canyon or Skylake or perhaps AMD Zen".

Vasudev

Update: Successfully slipstreamed Win 10 to latest updates using NTLite and size is 3.9GB, everything is working w/o issues.

Vasudev

With Win 10, slipstreaming would be a thing of the past since all users will automatically update to latest updates. But there's a catch, yes updates are massive.

Vasudev