• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Modern Intel/AMD Chipsets

Started by Daniil, March 19, 2014, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninaholic

I use Pentium M Dothan (2004) on my last 4 laptops. It is still powerful enough for all my needs. Many new Pentiums and Celerons are sh*** small-core Atom CPU now anyway and give me worse score in CPUmark99 (single thread) than Pentium M - lol.  :D  :P

Daniil

ninaholic, welcome.
I can't say that Intel CPUs is s[beep]it today, big Core i7 is good. They are much powerful than any AMD.
But I prefer the AMD, because their marketing policy is more comfortable to me (If I want buy new CPU, I shouldn't replace half of PC, and they are much, much cheaper).
And, after all, main and most powerfull part in modern PC is not the CPU, but videocard.

UPD:
QuoteMany new Pentiums and Celerons are sh*** small-core Atom CPU now anyway and give me worse score in CPUmark99 (single thread) than Pentium M - lol.
This isn't correct test for check the performance of modern CPU, respectable Nina. Maybe you should check your CPU with УК-НЦ ИП1 software? ;D It will show you that Intel Atom is slower than soviet КМ1801Ð'Ðœ2 CPU. :) Because it can't use well modern CPU instructions and extensions, same as CPUMark99 can't.

humbert

Certainly one big reason people buy AMD is precisely because the price is right. I've been using AMD forever and honestly my experience has always been positive. My FX-8350 runs like a champ, so much so that I see no reason to upgrade my desktop for at least another 3 years. Also, I'm using the stock cooler with came with the CPU and so far I have never had a problem, not even when running CPU-intensive apps. Of course I don't overclock - if I did then I'd invest in a better CPU cooler. Use AMD with confidence.