Author Topic: New topic Photos  (Read 163060 times)

July 24, 2018, 10:30 AM
Reply #140
  • Global Moderator
A few months ago, I deleted many messages in this topic. But actually some of them were quite good. Here is one of them. I will repost some old messages if it turns out they were deleted "accidentally".

Today, I’m going to present the most ferocious predator for man. This predator is extremely vicious, because it is attacking at night, and the victim is attacked without its knowing it, in most cases.
I’m going to give you a few tips, so that you can guess which predator is being referred to. I will also give you advice so that you can be prepared to deal with it.
Unfortunately, with climate change, some dangerous species of this predator are migrating northward.

Is it the shark?

No.

Is it Al-Qaeda?

No.

Is it Mister baboon?

No.

You have probably guessed anyway since I already talked about it. This predator is the mosquito. Its sting is not directly lethal, but the mosquito is responsible for the transmission of a whole bunch of diseases, notably dengue and yellow fever, West nile virus, paludism, zika virus, malaria, chikungunya...

Each year as many as 750 000 people are dying because of these diseases, in the world. That’s why it’s important to be very cautious. Don’t leave stagnant water around your house for example, or buy a mosquito net, if needed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:55 PM by scarface »

August 02, 2018, 07:29 AM
Reply #141
  • Global Moderator
Today, I’m going to hold a special conference to talk about the water war in the USA.

The years go by and the records follow one another, and it seems nothing  is able to stop climate change. On a global scale, 2017 was one of the hottest three years in modern history, ranking, according to the data used, in the second or third place on the podium.

But the global overheating is all the more remarkable because, this time, it does not stem form the El Niño phenomenon, this natural cycle of warming of the Pacific waters which, every three to seven years, pulls the temperatures up, and the influence of which had been strongly felt in 2015 and 2016. The twelve months of 2017 thus rise to the rank of the most torrid year without El Niño since the beginning of the surveys, at the end of the XIXe century.

A boat in the dry pond of Theewaterskloof (South Africa), in 2017

The wars of the water in the United States

In the middle of the desert, the green lawns of Saint George, Utah.
To power the town of southern Utah in full expansion, the authorities want to pump, using a pipeline of 220 km, Lake Powell water, already half empty due to drought.

Sand Hollow golf near Hurricane, Utah, July 26

The locals used to say that this place is paradise nine months a year, but there are three months of hell. At the end of June, on the road from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas, it's hell - the 42-degree temperature only dropped a little when the smoke of a gigantic forest fire overshadowed the sun . The crops are irrigated in the old way, by sprinkling water. Finally, we arrive at the subdivision of Sand Hollow, fifteen kilometers from St. George. A golf course - in fact two, one of eighteen holes and one of nine -, and chic houses.

Sandy Shepperd, 70, arrived in Sand Hollow three years ago. He had his house built for 400,000 dollars (350,000 euros). During summer, he takes refuge in the cooler mountains, but the rest of the year he plays golf in the desert. Nothing very ecological, even if the desert vegetation has been planted to reduce the surface of the “green”: the water is not even recycled. The golf is fed by the "natural leaks" of an adjacent tank, which allowed to create a small nautical base. Sandy Shepperd loves his new life and enjoys the company of newcomers. "We're not just with Mormons, like in St. George or Salt Lake City," he says.

Thousands arrive in southwestern Utah, cheaper than California, and more temperate than the north of the state, with severe winters. In 1970, there were only 13,000 in this oasis crossed by the Virgin River, which looks more like a stream than a river . They are now 170,000 in Saint George, in this tree-lined city where young people are gathering in Mexican restaurants, and will probably be 500,000 in 2060.

Okeechobee, the lake that stifles Florida

Dams, pollution, salinity: the fragile ecosystem of the Everglades has been jeopardized to ensure the development of Florida.

At the beginning of the 20th century, a drainage system and canals were organized to dry the Florida marshes. The control of the lake has made it possible to secure the economic development of this state

Lovers of Florida never go there. To get there, one must go for an hour inland, from Palm Beach, the Atlantic seaside resort for billionaires where US President Donald Trump owns his Mar-a-Lago golf course. Or drive for two hours, amid endless sugar cane plantations, leaving the Everglades National Park, the largest swamp in the United States, teeming with alligators, mosquitoes and herons near Miami.

Okeechobee Lake is the key to Florida's ecological system. The future of heavenly beaches, seabed and especially the natural wealth of the Everglades -a World Heritage Site by Unesco- depend on it . The vast expanse of fresh water is the essential source of nutrition for this fragile ecosystem.

When we finally reach it, Okeechobee is not visible, surrounded by a huge dyke. Fishermen are busy, but the serenity is misleading. There is something wrong: we discover a herd of manatees, aquatic mammals that in Florida normally live in salt water. Above all, the waters are seriously polluted.

The fish are gone

Steve Davis, a scientist with the Everglades Foundation, hopes that nuisances related to the lake will soon be resolved. On July 10, the White House authorized the construction of an artificial lake south of Lake Okeechobee. The goal: to clean up its waters and serve as a reservoir for the Everglades during the dry season. Republican state governor Rick Scott praised Twitter for approval of "this project we are fighting for". The file is now on the Congress table. This work  would be a posthumous consecration for George Barley who launched the Everglades Foundation.

Tonight, I’ll probably hold another conference. You will discover the Arab world institute and the area of La Défense.

August 05, 2018, 04:58 PM
Reply #142
  • Global Moderator
A few photos...I was forecasting a conference about the World Arab institute and the area of la Défense. I will do it later.

If you are planning to buy some real estate in the area of la Défense, like Puteaux or Courbevoie...why not. But think about it twice. The housing market is very expensive in the Paris region, and prices seem to be stagnating now.
What's more, if you are planning to work here, it may be useful. Otherwise, it might not be a good plan. Note that in a post-oil era, this area could become a desert. I mean, if Maher or aa1234779 are looking at the last photos, they must be thinking, where are the goats? where are the fields of cabbages? I assume they are hidding them in the Technip tower of in the tour first, to feed all these people, it's obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4Ww5ug2gI
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:02 PM by scarface »

August 08, 2018, 08:42 AM
Reply #143
  • Global Moderator
I finally left Paris this morning. If you have a similar project, ie leaving a big town, you can certainly talk about your own projects.
we have many users living in capitals and their opinion is valuable (Im thinking about usman in Islamabad, humbert in san antonio, iih in jakarta, vadudev in bangalore, harkaz in Athens)

I will hold a conference with photos later

http://imgur.com/a/OsiLGUi

http://imgur.com/a/JQpDU8B
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:47 AM by scarface »

August 09, 2018, 03:00 PM
Reply #144
  • Global Moderator
Note that tomorrow, I'll try to hold a new conference with many photos (La défense, the arab world institute...). I know that aa1234779 and humbert are looking at them attentively.
I'll explain my choice concerning the town of Saint Etienne, in the context of overpopulation and climate change (because I could have stayed in Paris).

I'll try to hold another conference about the s&p 500 and why I'm definitely staying bearish, with a target at...2100 points, with the Fed’s shift to quantitative tightening.
I’m still bullish on the pair $/€. Maybe you noticed that I was already saying this on the forum when the pair €/$ was standing at 1.24. It’s currently below 1.16. I have a target below 1.05. Did I buy dollars? Of course I did, at 1.20$ for 1€, and I kept buying dollars a few weeks ago.

What's more, I will release a new version of windows with the latest updates on 14 August. Note that a new repack of the Evil Within 2 is being prepared too.

Some music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4w7ElTM9DQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDcsYT2ksk
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:39 PM by scarface »

August 10, 2018, 06:16 PM
Reply #145
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm holding a new conference with many photos. Note that I'll add some comments during the week end.

Some photos taken in 2016-2017.

In the 17th arrondissement, place du docteur Felix Lobligeois, where I was living in 2013 and 2014. Until recently, I was living near Metro Guy moquet, still in the 17th arrondissement.

near the Martin Luther King park

In la Défense...

in 2011, I worked in the grey tower on the right.

Some photos taken a few days ago.

In the 11th arrondissement. I lived in the vicinity between 2011 and 2013...

With the rout of facebook and his loss of 15 billion in one day, it seems that Mark Zuckerberg couldn't afford a night at the low budget hotel Formule 1 of porte de Saint Ouen.

On the St Germain boulevard, 6th arrondissement

On the rue de l'ancienne comédie in the 6th arrondissement

The Café Procope, in rue de l'Ancienne Comédie, 6th arrondissement, is called the oldest restaurant of Paris in continuous operation. It was opened in 1686 by the Sicilian chef Francesco Procopio dei Coltelli, with a slyly subversive name adopted from the historian Procopius, whose Secret History, the Anekdota, long known of, had been discovered in the Vatican Library and published for the first time ever in 1623: it told the scandals of Emperor Justinian, his consort and his court.

Throughout the 18th century, the brasserie Procope was the meeting place of the intellectual establishment, and of the nouvellistes of the scandal-gossip trade, whose remarks at Procope were repeated in the police reports. Not all the Encyclopédistes drank forty cups of coffee a day like Voltaire, who mixed his with chocolate, but they all met at Procope, as did Benjamin Franklin, John Paul Jones and Thomas Jefferson.

A view of Paris, from Saint Cloud.On the foreground, you can see Boulogne Billancourt.

A view of Saint Etienne.

In my opinion, without oil, it will be difficult to live in the largest urban areas in the world. And maybe it won't be possible to live in big towns altogether. undoubtely, Saint Etienne is less glamorous than Paris. But I chose Saint Etienne for many reasons: the relative cheapness of the real Estate (last year I visited a flat in Courbevoie with an oustanding view on la Défense, and near the line 1...250 000€ for 30 square meters. I made an offer, but an investor bought 2 flats in the same building, so the owner chose the "investor" - That's not important because for that price you can get 200 square meters in Saint Etienne). On the photo you can also see some fields around the town. It means that food will be easily available in case of oil crisis. It's not the case in Paris. Some recent studies showed that the Ile de France region could only provide 2 million inhabitants with food (It means that most of the food of the Parisians come from other regions). It's true in many countries who are heavily dependent on imports too, like Egypt, UK, the states of the Persian Gulf...
As far as climate change is concerned, I'm aware that the situation of Saint Etienne is not ideal (winters of cold and summers tend to be quite hot). However the heatwaves are less intense than in Lyon for a simple reason. Indeed, there are only 2 towns in Europe with a population above 100 thousand at an altitude of more than 500 meters: Madrid and...St Etienne.
I noticed that many users on the forum live in big towns, notably in Asia. That's the case for Vasudev (bangalore), usman (islamabad), iih (jakarta)...who live in urban areas with more than 10 million inhabitants (or nearly). And I think that the others, like humbert, Maher, Ahmad...live in big towns too. I advise them to be aware of the benefits and the drawbacks of living in such towns and if you don't need it for your job, maybe you can go elsewhere.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:41 PM by scarface »

August 13, 2018, 06:59 AM
Reply #146
It's interesting to know how the town you moved to looks like..

Please share some photos you take of the beautiful sites you see.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

August 13, 2018, 01:10 PM
Reply #147
  • Global Moderator
It's interesting to know how the town you moved to looks like..

Please share some photos you take of the beautiful sites you see.

Well, Finally I've been to Saint Etienne for the first time a few days ago. I already knew Lyon and Grenoble but I had never been there.
I've not been disappointed, that's what I was expecting...For the photos, well, to put it bluntly, I'm wondering if it won't disfigure the forum.
Actually, the problem is not the buildings or the surroundings, but the people in the street. Saint Etienne is a bit poor, that's why the real estate is cheap. I've been to a bar and there were drunkards. You wouldn't see that in Paris.

I already found a 70 square meters flat, in a park (there is even a Jacuzzi shower). It's very quiet. There is a parking space, of course.
In this neoghborhood, it seems there was mostly old people. It's not the population of Bagnolet in Seint St Denis, for sure.
It's in Saint Etienne, but not in the center (I didn't like what I visited downtown). For 500€ per month!
There is a little drawback though: there is no optic fiber connection available over there(at least not yet), while it can be available in the city center. I'll try to keep uploading interesting contents for the users of the forum though.
For such a flat, I would have paid at least 2000€ per month in Paris. I don't know if you remember the photo of momo and koko with the eiffel tower in the background, in a discussion with Daniil, in 2013 or 2014.
I had an outstanding view on the Eiffel tower (on the photo it was smaller than in reality). It was rue Legendre, in the 17th. I was paying 800€ per month (for 22 m²).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:12 PM by scarface »

August 13, 2018, 02:42 PM
Reply #148
  • Global Moderator
I’ve just checked and I was right about the price...for 2000€ you have sth around 60 m² in the 17th in Paris, usually in the ground floor (in ground floor, forget the view on the Eiffel tower, and in winter the rooms are very dark). In the upper floors, it’s more expensive.
For example this one, for 2100€...60m² in ground floor. And rue lemercier is not particularly chic. If Maher or aa1234779 are looking for a lease in the 8th, 9th or 6th...it would be even more expensive.
https://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/1456101989.htm/
With a sunny view of a wooded park, same size, it’s 2300€
https://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/1454979204.htm/

Actually, 3 years ago I could have bought sth in Paris. But I was certain that prices would drop. At least I didn't think they would go up And in 3 years they rose by at least 10%. In Saint Etienne, prices were already low 3 years ago. And they kept falling. To give you an indication of the prices, Lyon is twice less expensive, and St Etienne is roughly 10 times less expensive than Paris. Anyway, and I can be wrong, I think there is now a real estate bubble in certain towns (NY, Toronto, San Francisco, London, Geneva, Paris...). I could buy sth in Saint Etienne, but I'm going to verify if I can stay in this town. What's more the problem with Saint Etienne is not about buying sth, but about selling the real estate. It can take months.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:47 PM by scarface »

August 13, 2018, 03:01 PM
Reply #149
If you save 1500 euros on rent where you are, it's definitely great and you can do something amazing with the money you save up, at least buy Gold or some other safe/low-risk investment. That is, of course, if you make the same salary or more than you made in Paris.

May Allah's generosity shower you.

p.s. The photos are going to look great. Don't worry just post them, I miss seeing small towns, aged buildings, parks, cemeteries.. you name it.. It will not shame you in any way.  ;D
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU