• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 19, 2020, 12:10 AM
shadow.97, humbert and usman have probably never been to seedy areas like this one.

What is so seedy about the image in the picture? Typical European street corner with cafés and people.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on August 20, 2020, 06:39 AM
Quote from: scarface on August 19, 2020, 12:10 AM
shadow.97, humbert and usman have probably never been to seedy areas like this one.

What is so seedy about the image in the picture? Typical European street corner with cafés and people.
Maybe more photos of the 18th arrondissement are going to be necessary then.

scarface

Tonight, new photos are available on the forum. These photos were taken today in the 17th, 18th and 8th arrondissements of Paris.

In the rue Legendre, in the 17th arrondissement of Paris. This street is very long. I lived in this street, a bit further away, near the Park Monceau, a few years ago.

A shot taken in the rue de Rome.

Here are a few photos taken on the Boulevard of Clichy, in the 18th arrondissement.

You are not dreaming, Jesus is in Paris.

Some photos taken on the Champs Élysées, in the 8th arrondissement.

In the Mcdonald of the Champs Élysées. I know that humbert came here a long time ago.
I've been there several times too, but I don't go to mcdonald's very often now.

The Arch of Triumph

The Lido

Apparently, a woman is lying on the floor. This is not a yoga session, she is begging.
I guess humbert and maher don't see this in the USA and in Palestine.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 22, 2020, 10:55 PM
In the Mcdonald of the Champs Elysées. I know that humbert came here a long time ago.
I've been here several times too, but I don't go to mcdonald's very often.

When I went there it was almost all take out. There were either very few seats or it was more expensive to eat your food there (I don't remember which). I wondered how exactly would a customer eat his food. You can't exactly sit on the sidewalk on the Champs Elysées. Those sun shades with tables weren't there. Then again, I went in late November. Possibly they put them out only during the summer.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on August 23, 2020, 05:11 AM
When I went there it was almost all take out. There were either very few seats or it was more expensive to eat your food there (I don't remember which). I wondered how exactly would a customer eat his food. You can't exactly sit on the sidewalk on the Champs Elysées. Those sun shades with tables weren't there. Then again, I went in late November. Possibly they put them out only during the summer.
Actually, when I took the photos above, the avenue was crowded. But I've been to the Mcdonald's at 6pm if I remember well, it was a bit early and I could easily find a sit near the window to take some photos that would suit you and the users of the forum.
Note that I've been to the Champs Elysées last Saturday morning. And if you had been with me, you would have been a bit surprised. The Champs Elysées are usually bustling with activity like you see on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_16JH5eKCkA
But this morning there was practically nobody. While it's forbidden to park one's car on the Champs Elysées (there are many tow trucks removing poorly parked cars), the adjacent streets were practically empty.

scarface

Today, new photos are available on the forum.

In the line 3 of the metro.  As you can see it is jammed with people.

In the rue de Phalsbourg, near the park Monceau

On the place de Narvik, in the 8th arrondissement.
In the background, you can see  the Church of St. Augustine, a Catholic church located at 46 boulevard Malesherbes in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The church was designed to provide a prominent vista at the end of the boulevard.  Both of them were built during Haussmann's renovation of Paris under the Second French Empire.

Some journalists, on the place Beauveau. The ministry of internal affairs, as well as the Elysées palace (where the French president is living) are located here.

On the champs Élysées. On the right, you can see a statue of General de Gaulle. And in the background, I guess that humbert and aa1234779 have recognized the dome of the Invalides.

The Eiffel tower, seen from the Champs Élysées.

On the Champs Élysées, near the Arch of triumph.

L'Atelier Renault on the Champs Élysées.

The number 140 on the Champs Élysées with Mcdonald's. Like humbert, I know this address pretty well.

Shadow.97

In the Mcdonald of the Champs Elysées. I know that humbert came here a long time ago.

If I recall correctly the tax rates are different for eating in or out of resturaunts. May be partially due to that

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 12, 2020, 09:58 PM

If I recall correctly the tax rates are different for eating in or out of resturaunts. May be partially due to that
Well, I'm working in the tax sector, so I know this pretty well. Actually, for eating in or out, the VAT rate is the same, ie 10% (CGI, art 279).
Note that the VAT for alcoholic beverages is 20% in France.
However, if the products are intended for later consumption, the VAT rate is 5.5%.

Maybe you remember the scene of the 3 magi (they are looking for Jesus) in the mcdonald, where the waitress repeats "there or take away?": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnt6TdPnCI

scarface

Tonight, new photos taken today in Paris are available on the forum.
You can try to examine those photos.

On the Parisian periphérique. I'm still using my old car despite a leaking head gasket. I'm afraid of breaking down in a place like this.
Maybe I should have stayed in Saint Etienne, humbert was right. and if I'm winning the lottery, I promise Maher I will go to Palestine (with this car).

The Eiffel tower, as seen from the bridge of Garigliano, in the 16th arrondissement.

The Boulevard Exelmans, as seen from the bridge of Garigliano.

Some towers, in La défense.

Some graffiti, near Avenue Parmentier

Those street art artists have a lot of talent. Could it be Bansky?

The Place of Republic. It's Saturday, and the place is overcrowded.

It seems some activists who want the liberation of Palestine are present. Apparently they advise to boycott Israel. No more Tahini butter cookies, no more Sabich sandwich.

I guess usman and humbert know this game. It's the first time I see something like this, probably a mini table football.

Some buildings and some graffiti, on the boulevard Voltaire.

A Bandai shop.

Some "Bandai" figures. We can recognize Vegeta and Piccolo.

Who are they ? Maybe Vasudev or shadow.97 know the answer.

Some books, in a book shop. Note that Book shop is translated in French as "librairie", but the word library has a different meaning.

I bought the book on the left.
The thought-provoking “When the forest is burning: reflection on the new ecological disaster” explains how recent forest fires reveal the need to rethink our relation to the environment in order to achieve a sustainable future. Political philosopher and environmental studies expert Joëlle Zask studies the conditions necessary for democracy and a sustainable political and social system. To watch her discuss  the keys to implementing change and what it feels like to live amid both despair and hope, you can watch the video here: https://livestream.com/frenchembassy/festival-albertine-climate-moment/videos/198740489

scarface

Maybe you have recognized the place of Republic and the 11th arrondissement. (The Eiffel tower was shot on the bridge of Garigliano in the 16th arrondissement).
I doubt humbert has been to the 11 arrondissement because it's popular and not very touristy.
I was there because in the Avenue Parmentier lies one of the last Videoclubs of Paris. Since laptops are not sold with DVD player any more, their activity is more and more threatened.
I was there to rent a movie titled "Le Bel âge", also known as "Restless" in the USA, and released in 2009. I'm currently making a dvdrip, with English subtitles. While the original DVD is 4:3, I converted it to 16:9. I'll try to upload it for the forum soon.
The last pictures are showing some "Bandai" figures. If we can recognize Vegeta and Picolo, who are the others ? Maybe Vasudev or shadow.97 know the answer.