• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harkaz

Greek withdrawal from the Eurozone (Grexit) has been approved (?) with a resounding 61%.
Every municipality of Greece has voted no. Greece has turned red:

Civil unrest will start really soon.

humbert

@Scarface - Global warming means global, i.e., the entire planet. Currently a heat wave exists in Europe, the northwestern USA and maybe Pakistan. By comparison in San Antonio so far this summer the temp has not gone beyond 33°C. Normally this time of year we get 38° t0 40°. Heat waves come and go. Check the 10-day weather forecast for Paris according to the Weather Underground:

Just look at these numbers! I WISH it were like that here.

@Fuj - I agree with you - when it comes to posts from forum members, quality is far superior to quantity. That's why I like our forum so much.

scarface

Yesterday, an agreement has been found between the Eurozone and Greece. I guess harkaz must be relieved, he who was afraid of riots. Well, at least on the short term, Greece should stay in the euro.
But many find it difficult and costly to implement this agreement. According to Delamarche, this is "merely communication" and Germany will not be able to finance Greece much longer: http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/video/les-points-sur-les-i-olivier-delamarche-et-benaouda-abdeddaim-l-avenir-grec-sera-t-il-enfin-fixe-avec-ce-nouvel-accord-1307-585313.html

Even before the results of the discussions were known, the Greeks are concerned about the possible consequences of the proposed measures, especially in the islands.

The warm smiles to its Dutch customers are misleading; Yorgos is exhausted. In appearance, he is not to be pitied, he who has a beautiful tavern directly overlooking the seafront of the beautiful city of Poros. Barely a two-hour boat away from Athens amphitheater and nestled among volcanic hills, the island is a postcard setting, out of time.

"This is an organized suicide that the government wants to set up. ''
The words are hard, Yorgos has tears in his eyes. He's very concerned about the proposal made to creditors by Alexis Tsipras to increase VAT rates in the catering sector from 13 to 23%.

"5 years ago, I was buying from suppliers a bottle of ouzo at 10 euros. With all parallel taxes that were introduced by various governments since the beginning of austerity, the price of the bottle increased to 18 euros. "

"This is the crisis everywhere, people have increasingly reduced budgets and we must not forget that Greece attracts tourists because life is not expensive. If I increase my prices, they will go elsewhere. "

Yorgos

harkaz

Quote from: scarface on July 13, 2015, 06:25 PM
Yesterday, an agreement has been found between the Eurozone and Greece. I guess harkaz must be relieved, he who was afraid of riots. Well, at least on the short term, Greece should stay in the euro.

An anti-EU revolt cannot be excluded due to the collapse of the economy. I already hear people shouting "traitors, traitors!" Many of them are educated, affluent people.

humbert

I also heard on the news that "Tsipras blinked" and that the agreement he signed was stricter than what 61% of the voters rejected in the recent election. If this is true then some austerity is part of the deal. How long will the Greek people put up with this before we see an explosion?

@Harkaz - Are you in Athens or in another Greek city?

@Scarface - Deviloid is a pr0n torrent site, and a good one at that. So far the best pr0n site I know of is xhamster.com - if you know a better one let us know.

harkaz

@humbert I live in Athens; one more overpopulated European city.

scarface

Quoteone more overpopulated European city
Tonight, I'm holding a conference to see if harkaz's assertion is right.

I took a few towns known by the users of the forum, and ranked by density.

Towns densely populated:
Manilla: 43 079 /km2
Cairo:  35,020 /km2
Kolkata: 24 760 /km2
Paris: 21 258 /km2
Athens: 17 475 /km
Jakarta: 14 694 /km2

Towns less densely populated
London: 5,490 /km2
Tokyo: 6 151 /km2
Stockholm: 4 893 /km2
Jerusalem: 4 150 /km2
Los Angeles: 3 067 /km2
Roma: 2 236 /km2
San Antonio 1 305 /km2
Islamabad: 744 /km2

We can see that the town of harkaz is indeed in the most densely populated capitals.
However we are going to see that many neighborhood are much more densely populated than these towns, and very few are situated in Europe.

Manhattan, New York
Area: 59.5 km2 (22.96 sq mi)
Population: 1,619,090
Population density: 26,939/km2 (69,771/sq mi)
Because Manhattan has so many office buildings, it swells to about 3.94 million during the day, giving a population density of about 66,000 per square km.

Manila, Philippines
The most densely populated city in the world.
Area: 38.55 km2 (14.88 sq mi)
Population: 1,652,171
Population density 42,858/km2

Migingo Island, Lake Victoria, claimed both by Kenya and Uganda
Area: 0.002 km2 (0.0008 sq mi)
Population: 131
Population density: 65,500/km2

Malé, Island, Republic of Maldives
Area: 1.952 km2 (0.754 sq mi)
Population: 92.555
Population density: 47,416/km2

Tondo district, Manila, Philippines
Area: 9.10 km² (3.52 sq mi)
Population: 630,604
Population density: 69,297 per km²

Mathare slums, Nairobi, Kenya
Area: about 3 km2 (1.2 sq mi)
Population: 161,031-300,000
Population density: hard to estimate, probably something between 60,000-100,000/km2

Rocinha favela, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Area: 0.86 km² (0.33 sq mi)
Population: 69,356
Population density: +80,000 /km2

Dhaka Kotwali Thana, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Area: 2.07 km2 (0.80 sq mi)
Population: 210,504
Population density: 101,693/km2

Mong Kok, Kowloon Peninsula, Hong Kong
According to the Guinness Book of Records Mong kok is the most densely populated place in the world (although using unconfirmed estimates, there are probably even more crowded places
Area: 1.1km2
Population: 143,000
Population density: 130,000/km2

Dharavi slums, Mumbai, India
Area: 1.7-2,2 km2
Population: 500,000-1,000,000
Population density: around 300,000/ km2
Dharavi is probably the most densely populated spot in the world.

humbert

As I watched the news this morning on TV I immediately thought of Harkaz and his prophetic prediction. All kinds of rioting going and people complaining about everything. Everybody's mad at Tsipras for going back on his word and basically doing what the EU wanted. I'm starting to think there will indeed be blood on Greek streets.

@Shadow - If John Dillinger (a famous American 1930's bank robber) were alive today, he wouldn't rob banks - he'd own one. The worlds biggest thieves and looters wear business suits, not regular street clothes.

As for that Rolex in the picture, my Casio can do many things the Rolex can't do, not to even mention that it's much cheaper.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to talk about a completely different subject.
We have seen on the forum that some people didn't know who the Catholics are.
So tonight, I'm going to do a conference to explain who they are.
In fact, Christianity is mainly represented by two branches: Protestantism and Catholicism.

Here is a map which show the Christians in the world.

Although Protestantism remains the dominant strain of Christianity in the United States, the Protestant tradition is divided into dozens of major denominations, all with unique beliefs, religious practices, and histories.
Contrary to Islam with the Ramadan, in the branches of Christianity, worship is pared down to
the preaching of the Word, maybe a few hymns, and prayer.

Besides God, The central figure of Christianity is Jesus of Nazareth.
Christianity regards Jesus as the awaited Messiah of the Old Testament and refers to him as Jesus Christ.
Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically and that he was a Galilean, Jewish rabbi who preached his message orally. He was crucified in Jerusalem on the orders of the Roman prefect, Pontius Pilate.
He's also said to have accomplished miracles, like walking on water, or resurrecting.

Let's see What the main differences between Catholics and Protestants are.
Catholics see in Mary the Immaculate Conception (conceived without sin) and likewise, her son Jesus is the son of God, she wasn't deflowered by Joseph.
Protestants see her as a blessed woman chosen by God as mother of the Messiah, virgin only until the birth of Jesus.
Catholics are subjected to the authority of the pope considered as infallible and the priests do not have the right to marry (since the Gregorian reform in the eleventh century), contrary to Protestants who don't recognize the pope and allow marriage of pastors.

humbert

As you correctly stated, "protestant" is essentially a generic term for Christians who don't follow the pope. As you know the revolt began with Martin Luther and has since subdivided itself into hundreds of different denominations with varied beliefs. Islam, just like Christianity, is subdivided. There is the major split between Sunnis and Shiites and many sub-sects within these 2. For example, the Allowites of Syria are Shi'a, but the wahabis of Saudi Arabia are sunnis.

The picture you posted of Jesus was invented and painted by someone during the Middle Ages (I don't recall the name). It came from his imagination since there is no physical description of Jesus anywhere in the Christian Bible.

I should also mention that the belief in the virgin birth of Mary is a belief also shared by Islam. Of course all this was plaigiarized. See the picture below.