• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

I am currently in Paris, and I hope that the users of the forum are fine.
http://imgur.com/a/toxvPt5

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on January 27, 2019, 06:43 PM
I am currently in Paris, and I hope that the users of the forum are fine.
http://imgur.com/a/toxvPt5
I'm fine thank you. I hope everyone else is also doing good.
Paris is beautiful as always. Have fun.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

I went to St Etienne in August and it's the first time I come back. Im not here for touristic reasons...
I must tell you that I'd rather be in India with Vasudev, or in Texas, playng tennis with humbert and you. Im already fed up with St Etienne. it is what I call a "trou de merde". I went there because my family was in the south. Maybe I knew sth was going to happen. But I have no reason to stay over there any longer. You could come if you want. Maybe you'd be a bit  cold with a djellaba but Im sure you could teach me interesting things.

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on January 27, 2019, 10:18 PM
I went to St Etienne in August and it's the first time I come back. Im not here for touristic reasons...
I must tell you that I'd rather be in India with Vasudev, or in Texas, playng tennis with humbert and you. Im already fed up with St Etienne. it is what I call a "trou de merde". I went there because my family was in the south. Maybe I knew sth was going to happen. But I have no reason to stay over there any longer. You could come if you want. Maybe you'd be a bit  cold with a djellaba but Im sure you could teach me interesting things.
I'd be honored to meet you one day rather to learn from you, whether in the "City of Lights" or elsewhere, just as I would like to meet our host maher, our good friends, humbert, vasudev, the absent Ahmed, and everyone in the avatars you made.
I know France could be an easy bet if I sought asylum there, but I'd rather be elsewhere if I would need to move to Europe.
(rango) ;D

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)

humbert

Hey aa1234779 I'm glad to see you again. Please answer a question for me. Why do so many Muslim men have beards? Both you and Maher have one. Is it an Arab thing or is it somewhere in the Qur'an? If either of these is the case, then by any chance do you know why Adel al-Jubeir (the Saudi regime's foreign minister) doesn't have a beard, nor even a moustache?

As you know, Indonesia is the largest Muslim nation in terms of population. I've never been there, but in the pictures I've seen very few Indonesians have beards.

Just curious.

scarface

I took a few photos for the users of the forum.

A few days ago in Paris, on the Bvd Poissonnière. aa1234779 probably noticed Le Grand Rex.

Yesterday in Saint Etienne, a photo taken from my balcony. In the Haze you can't even see the other buildings.

Today in Saint Etienne, another photo taken on the cours Fauriel.

For usman or Vasudev who have probably never seen snow, this picture might be a bit surprising. Actually, since Saint Etienne is situated 600 meters above sea level (the highest "big town" of Europe with Madrid), snow is not that rare here.
But it doesn't mean there is no climate change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKKYt6fWob8

aa1234779

Quote from: humbert on February 01, 2019, 05:48 AM
Hey aa1234779 I'm glad to see you again.
You too. Thanks.
Sorry it took me a long time to answer, I saw your good question, but haven't had the time as I'm busy a lot.
I apologize in advance if you find any of the following gross or disgusting.  ;D

Please answer a question for me. Why do so many Muslim men have beards? Both you and Maher have one.
It's because the Prophet (S.A.W.S.) declared it a "tradition of Fitrah" (instinct or human nature), he commanded Muslims to "Trim the mustaches, and save the beards" (my loose translation)
In fact, the traditions of Fitrah include clipping the fingernails weekly, shaving the pubic area to the belly button and pulling (or shaving) armpit hair at least once every 40 days.

As to explaining the wisdom I know behind this:
1-It's the tradition of Allah's Prophets & Messengers who obey his command to do so.
2-Mustaches can get in the way of food, and food could get stuck on them.
3-Beards are masculine  8) . No disrespect to those that shave. He described beards as "beautifying males".
4-Pubic hair & armpit hair are located in moist areas that promote fungus that wreaks if left unshaved.
5-Fingernails if left not clipped usually accumulate dirt, food on the right hand, and maybe feces on the left if one purifies after excretion by the hand with water. (Anti-bacterial soap to clean the hands is recommended nowadays, back then, they only had dirt & water).
6-Pulling armpit hair has been proven by experiences of multiple people I know, that it decreases odors. It has something to do with the sweat glands most probably. It's hard for people not used to it such as myself.
7-
8-

I'm sure there are other legitimate reasons for these "traditions of instinct" that others have figured out.

As for myself, I repent to Allah the Merciful that I can't keep my beard long for personal reasons.
In previous recordings, when I was yet trapped in the Kingdom of Injustice, I intentionally shaved all facial hair (except for eyebrows & eyelashes  ;D) so that I don't get stereotyped. I even spoke a local dialect of the Jeddah region, nothing near proper Arabic.

QuoteIs it an Arab thing or is it somewhere in the Qur'an?
The Arab Spring 8 years ago, right after Tunisia's revolution, is when I got shaved.
Now, I'd like to stay on the short beard until the day comes that a Muslim growing his beard is no different than any other human male growing one. I hate people being scared of me. Even though, most of the people I advocate justice & freedom for, other than Lujain & the mistreated sisters, are the oppressed non-extreme religious scholars & reformers who all have beards.

As to the Quran, the only mention of a beard I know, is Prophet Moses questioning his brother Prophet Haroon (Aaron) peace be upon them, holding him by the head & beard, for what the Jewish tribes committed in Sinai of worshiping the calf in Moses' absence, made out of the gold they took from the Coptic people, by a suspicious character..

Chapter 20 Ta'Ha
(92) [Moses] said, "O Aaron, what prevented you, when you saw them going astray,
(93) From following me? Then have you disobeyed my order?"
(94) [Aaron] said, "O son of my mother, do not seize [me] by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.' "

QuoteIf either of these is the case, then by any chance do you know why Adel al-Jubeir (the Saudi regime's foreign minister) doesn't have a beard, nor even a moustache?
It's his style since '96 when I first saw him in the US as a spokesperson for the embassy there and has nothing to do with religion. I don't know if a person doing the diplomatic dirty work for a regime like the Saudis has anything to do with Islam or does he even practice it. God only knows and he judges our hearts. As the Prophet said "Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments". Kind hearts that hate injustice are appreciated by Allah.
Does Al-Jubair have one? I won't be the judge of that.

As you know, Indonesia is the largest Muslim nation in terms of population. I've never been there, but in the pictures I've seen very few Indonesians have beards.

Just curious.
Indonesian people whom I hold dear as they are precious brothers and sisters in Islam & humanity, have become more & more practicing of Islam individually, and hopefully one day as a sovereign nation.
Many people there are growing their beards and women dressing properly according to Sharia.
As to facial hair, Southeast Asian men in-general are not known to be very hairy due to common genetics in the region, which is something the All-knowing, Most-Wise chose for them, just as he chose for some people to have darker or whiter skin, being tall or short, and such.

Now, humbert must be pondering "If Muslim tradition sees growing a beard & trimming the mustache as Prophetic commands, a certain religious group living in the American northeast has that exactly in common"

I wonder who?  ;D

Peace

Hud (11)

scarface

humbert

aa1234779 -> Thanks for the detailed explanation regarding beards and other ways of grooming in Islam.

What I still don't understand is: is it mandatory or simply a suggestion? That is, do Muslims believe they'll end up in hell if they shave, not clip their nails, etc?

Your explanation regarding Indonesians make sense, but what about the Saudi regime's foreign minister? If he were a high official in the goverment of (for example) Egypt, it would make sense because many Egyptians aren't strict in their observance of Islam. But the foreign minister of ultra-strict, Wahabi Saudi Arabia?? I would think even a minimal deviation from strict Islam would be regarded as a major offense - even more so by a member of MBS's cabinet.

scarface

Maybe some of you remember that I took a few photos last year in the Park of St Cloud.

Vasudev is probably wondering if it's mr baboon on the left. Actually, it's my father and me. A few months later, he helped me move to Saint Etienne.
But I won't stay in Saint Etienne, because I could get a promotion to earn more money. My job would have been be axed here anyway (maybe there is not enough economic activity in St Etienne since Vanessa Paradis left after the shooting of the movie White wedding ?).
And in all likelihood, I will probably have to go back to the city of light of aa1234779 in a few months. Well, It's a paradox. Sb helped me flee this town, and I have to go back there.