• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Here are a few more photos taken on place Anatole France in Saint Etienne. This place was presented here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg34273#msg34273
I know that aa1234779, Vasudev and usmangujjar will be delighted, they like the beautiful photos.

Here you can see the Palais Mimard. It is located at 5 place Anatole France.
This mansion house was built in 1893-1894 by the architect Léon Lamaizière in Neo-Gothic style, for André David, a ribbon manufacturer.
It was bought in 1905 by Étienne Mimard, the founder of Manufrance. he commissioned Léon Lamaizière to do a new interior.

scarface

Here are a few more photos taken today in Saint Etienne.

Exactly one year ago, I remembered I was eating in the pizza cosy that you can see on the second photo of the previous message. At this time I was with my father but he died last December.
Their pizzas were particularly good and I decided to come back. I took the opportunity to take new photos.

Here you can see the rue du 11 Novembre. If the photo was bigger you would see the Pizza cosy shop on the left.
You can see the bar Les 3 roses and the Carrefour city. Note that the man on the bicycle is a "uber eats" deliverer. A few days ago the deliverers working for deliveroo were on strike in Paris because they are earning less and less money. (articles here: https://www.france24.com/en/20190808-deliveroo-cyclists-freelancers-strike-boycott-pay-dispute-delivery and here: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180705/paris-food-delivery-bike-riders-to-strike-over-pay
I'm wondering whether there are "uber eats" deliverers in Palestine or in Pakistan too.
But if you think about it, maybe we will all be uber something pretty soon. Uber eats, Uber plumber, uber butcher with a bicycle and a uber pay. But they do have merit. And they use an ecological delivery method.

Here you can see another photo with the palais Mimard (in the middle of the photo).

scarface

At the current price, I think it can be interesting to buy societe generale...for a technical rebound.

I was right yesterday when I told you to avoid the car industry: bmw and Renault are among the biggest losers of the estx50.

Not that Eramet is plummeting, losing 4.2% at 36.80â,¬. Since it broke its support at 37.50â,¬, I will wait for the next one...at 33â,¬.

scarface

Tonight, new photos are available on the forum.

These pictures of frescoes were taken in Roche La Molière, a town adjoining Saint Etienne, on 15 August 2019.

This fresco comes from the 2019 edition of the SAFIR festival, and drawn by Forez Colors, an association of artists from the Forez region.
They realized this beautiful fresco with dominant Rose in the city center.
Since the building on which the fresco is drawn is to be destroyed, It is likely that this fresco (and perhaps others) is going to disappear quite quickly.

This fresco comes from the 2016 edition of SAFIR festival.
It is the work of Ador and Semor.

Impasse Louis Comté - Roche-la-Molière
This fresco comes from the 2017 edition of the SAFIR festival.
Dan23 was the headliner of this 2017 edition.
At first glance, this fresco disappoints: it is not very big and this huge skull skull is not too much in the habits of the artist - the colors, yes.
In fact, Dan23 wanted to raise a cry of alarm for the oceans. The skull is a melting iceberg, a polar bear is lost at its summit. In the sea, some rubbish, plastic bags, bobbin, and on the surface a platform of oil that oozes its blackish liquid. Oceans are in danger, and so is the planet.

These frescoes come from the 2015 edition of the SAFIR festival.
Two large walls of the parking located in the city center were invested by Kalouf and Jake.
Kalouf is of Gabonese origin and lives in Lyon. He took care of the left side of the wall here, with a fox.
As for Jake, he is an optimistic artist who likes to tell stories. His big white teddy bear may want to point out that even though life is beautiful, it can also be full of danger, especially when we live in the Arctic ...

This photo was taken in Saint Etienne, Rue Cugnot.

In 2011, Ella & Pitr had made here a giant with bare buttocks, sitting on a pile of rubble and with a bird perched on his shoulder. This fresco was controversial and the new municipality wanted to change it. Since Saint-Etienne was receiving some matches of the Euro of football, the theme of football was chosen.
Football is not really the cup of tea of ​​this couple of artists from Saint Etienne. "We were not going to lie and lie to those who know us by proposing something classic ..." After careful consideration, they chose a referee, because "it is the character who is the most important in the world of football because it represents parity, accuracy, loyalty, it is he who enforces the rules of the game... He is lying because he been refereeing too many matches and he is exhausted. To be fair is difficult, it is a real job. ".

Ella and Pitr also made the biggest fresco of Europe, in Paris.
Those who are in Mumbai, India, have probably seen this one.
Sassoon docks, Mumbai

Essalois Castle is located on the town of Chambles, in the Loire department, overlooking Lake Grangent and the Loire from its rocky outcrop. Listed site of the gorges of the Loire, it was built in the twelfth century on the remains of a Gallic oppidum.

The current castle was largely from the 16th century. Plundered at the end of the sixteenth century by the troops of Honoré d'Urfé, it was sold as a national asset following the French Revolution in the eighteenth century.

The building has been in permanent restoration since the 1980s, and can be visited freely today. Its tower offers a magnificent view of the surroundings of the town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIueqYkw7pQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuHD0ieRlkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmi60Bd4jSs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLJB4pM9Jj0

scarface

Today I'm going to talk about my toothache.
Yesterday , I had to go to the dental emergencies.

I had an absess and apparently it was due to a gum infection.
I was prescribed painkillers (tramadol) and some antibiotics (Amoxicilline). Yesterday I also vomitted and I suspect it was due to the Amoxicilline.
In the meantime, I look like a hamster.

scarface

Note that I added more comments here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2283.msg29306#msg29306

A few years ago, I told Maher to come here and visit me. I wanted him to meet my father. He was at the Invalides with me when I took these photos. Maher would have been glad to visit it with us. Unfortunately, it's not possible any more since my father died.
But maybe we will meet one day If there is an economic collapse in the years to come. We will need to live in the countryside and help each other. Some big towns won't survive the 21st century.
For example, the predicament of Jakarta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paG9j1jkQNc

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 25, 2019, 11:41 PM
A few years ago, I told Maher to come here and visit me. I wanted him to meet my father. He was at the Invalides with me when I took these photos. Maher would have been glad to visit it with us.

Although it would certainly be nice to meet him personally, I don't think Maher can visit you (or anyone else) any time soon. He has a family (wife +2 children) and spends most of his time seeing to their needs. This is why he appointed us as moderators. Also, Maher is Palestinian but since he was born in Jordan he has Jordanian citizenship and travels with a Jordanian passport. They need visas to enter the Schengen area.

scarface

Maybe some of you know that the Amazon forest is burning.
Here are a few photos of the catastrophe.

Deforestation, undertaken to expand the areas devoted to cattle breeding and soybean cultivation, two key exports of the Brazilian economy, has largely contributed to the proliferation of fires in recent months. The origin of the fires is predominantly human and linked to the burning policy, recall several associations and NGOs.

The gigantic fires affecting the Amazon could have a significant impact on climate change. "If we destroy enough forest, we could tip the Amazon into a much drier climate, which can become a savannah," said Roel Brienen, a professor at Leeds University, on August 23 on the American channel NBC. "It would be a big loss for our planet and a virtual game over for the fight against climate change".

A drone provides a panoramic image of the fires affecting the Mato Grosso region on August 20th.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to give you a quick insight into the latest news.

In New York, Swedish climate activist and young strikers gathered to call on adults to act on the climate crisis.

Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg was joined by swelling and excited crowds of American teenagers at a protest outside the UN headquarters in New York on Friday, in a further blossoming of the youth environment movement given extra thrust by the Swede’s transatlantic boat crossing.

Some US children said they were at their first ever climate demonstration; others said they had been passionate about the environment for a while but had been galvanized to act by Thunberg’s rising profile.

Thunberg last year began leading school strikes on Fridays and lambasting world leaders for their inaction on global heating.

Just two days after Thunberg disembarked from a yacht in New York, following two weeks on rough seas crossing from the UK, young protesters dominated the crowd of up to 1,000 gathered outside the United Nations skyscraper in Manhattan.

They came together to demand politicians and older generations take urgent and comprehensive action to reverse the climate crisis.

Carrying hand-drawn placards with messages such as “United behind the science” and “Act now or we will”, children and young people of all ages from New York and nearby states such as Pennsylvania and New Jersey, surged into a park in front of the flags of the world outside the UN on Friday morning.

Thunberg sat cheerfully but pensively in the middle of the rally, which had a rather more earnest than festive atmosphere. Young speakers took the microphone and gave spontaneous speeches or led chants of “System change, not climate change” and “Don’t just watch us, join us”.

American teenager Alexandria Villaseñor, 14, who has been protesting every Friday outside the UN since December, was in her usual spot and said she had been inspired by Thunberg’s school strike campaign.

“Greta being here in the United States and in America will really galvanise students just because of how much of an inspiration she is. Everyone who’s been striking on Friday was really empowered by Greta and the action she was taking.”

Thunberg held her trademark “skolstrejk för klimatet” (Swedish for “school strike for climate”) sign, which she was seen carrying from the racing yacht on Wednesday, after refusing to take a flight to the US because of the polluting emissions.

scarface

Tonight, I took a few photos for the users of the forum. I know that aa1234779 and shadow.97 are looking at them carefully.

Here we can see Jaude place and the statue of General Desaix.

Another photo taken on 17 Novemeber 2018 in the Jaude place with some Yellow Jackets. You can see the statue of Vercingétorix.

Here are some photos of a shop located rue des Salles and named la garçonnière. I live in the vicinity. There was no shop like this in Saint Etienne.

A bag lundi 36 heures for 690â,¬, some boots A.P.C and a pair of trousers Stone island for 335â,¬. It's a bit expensive.

Some boots golden goose for 405â,¬, a sweat A.P.C for 160â,¬. I would be glad to go to this shop with Vasudev or Maher and buy some clothes.

And here are some interesting, but disquieting articles, published in Le monde today.

How Europe failed to save bees.
https://www.lemonde.fr/sciences/article/2019/08/27/disparition-des-abeilles-la-derobade-de-l-europe_5503163_1650684.html

Hurricane Dorian caused unprecedented damage to the Bahamas.
https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2019/09/02/l-ouragan-dorian-a-cause-des-degats-sans-precedent-aux-bahamas_5505488_3244.html